Renting a car in Juneau on 4th of July with parade?

14cruisegirl

Hi. I will be in Juneau on the 4th and see it is the biggest holiday of the year for Alaskans. We will be in port from 7am-4pm. I noticed that July 4th has a parade through town that starts at 11am and I am nervous it will not be cleared in time to get back to the ship. If anyone has been here on the fourth or has any insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hi. I will be in Juneau on the 4th and see it is the biggest holiday of the year for Alaskans. We will be in port from 7am-4pm. I noticed that July 4th has a parade through town that starts at 11am and I am nervous it will not be cleared in time to get back to the ship. If anyone has been here on the fourth or has any insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

It gets very congested. Much more than normal. Here is last years map. http://www.juneau4thofjuly.net/route.html

We watched the parade in 2007 when we were in on the 4th. It was a lot of fun, but crowded.

I was there years ago on the 4th and it was fun to watch the parade. I had no problem getting around on foot, it really wasn't that crowded. As far as getting past with a car that might be tougher as the route looks like it circles the main downtown area you have to get past to get to the ships. If I recall the parade wasn't really that long so I bet its over before 12 noon easily.