Posted March 13th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Dh and I will be flying into fll, staying overnight in Miami and sail from Miami and we'd like to use uber (first timers...uber, not cruising). To be honest, I'm a little nervous and have a few questions.
1. Should we tip the driver and if so, how much? I've had conflicting advice about this.
2. I downloaded the uber app about a year ago and linked it with paypay. Haven't donw anything with it since. Do I need to check anything to make sure everything is right?
3. We'll be using it from fll to Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Holiday Inn to the cruise port and then the cruise port back to fll. ANY information/tips is appreciated. I'm ASSUMING I wait till we get our luggage to call from fll. Should I preschedule for Holiday Inn to port since it's going to be a busy time? Any problems getting a car from the port back to the airport?
See...I do need help..................
Long time Uber user here as well as long time in the technology business.
1) I believe that Uber now has a tipping feature that will appear at the end of the ride on the Uber app. You can also tip the driver in cash.
2) You can use a credit card also with Uber as well as PayPal and a few other sources. Go to Payments in the Menu and add them there.
3) Definitely wait for your luggage before calling for your Uber. In most airports, you’ll have to go to a specific pick-up point.
Finally, if you’ve never used Uber before, get a promo code from an existing Uber rider to get a $15 discount on your first ride. The person you received the code from also gets $15 off.
If you need a code, use mine: 6y3g9
Neal in Cincinnati.