sorry one more 'last' question - about Solstice internet

Muffinz

in the internet / computer room on Solstice, do the computers there have USB ports?

I'm asking incase I take too many photos and need to download them off my camera onto a USB stick.

thanks in advance

They generally do not let passengers attach any of their own devices or equipment to their computers.

oh ok thanks... that's a bummer

might have to wait until we're in one of the ports and see if there is an internet café I can use

Can't blame them for not wanting people to attach h/w to their computers. Opens things up to a lot of issues, and not just to their computers. They sell flash cards/drives on board, too.

oh ok thanks... that's a bummer

might have to wait until we're in one of the ports and see if there is an internet café I can use

If you’re looking for an old-style Internet café with actual computers in it, those are pretty much extinct. If you’re looking for cheap/free WiFi with drink purchase, that should be easy to find.

thanks for the replies.... our camera is pretty old by todays standards (bought new in 2004) and we got an upgraded memory card with it, so we're taking the camera, plus wife & I also have I-phones so we will be using them as well. I don't think there will be any problems

I thought just in case we overload the camera or I-phone with too many photos, we could take them off onto a USB stick, freeing up space on the camera

thanks for the replies.... our camera is pretty old by todays standards (bought new in 2004) and we got an upgraded memory card with it, so we're taking the camera, plus wife & I also have I-phones so we will be using them as well. I don't think there will be any problems

I thought just in case we overload the camera or I-phone with too many photos, we could take them off onto a USB stick, freeing up space on the camera

2004, wow, that is old. Most modern phones will probably take better pics unless that old camera is a DSLR. The newer I-phones have decent cameras and take pretty good pics most of the time. Real cameras still take better pics IF you know how to use them. I just hate lugging a camera and a phone. For the GBR trip I am bringing a waterproof camera for taking pics on the reef. I had to buy a new one as I noticed my old one was staring to leak (no bueno). At one point I was really into photography and still have a really nice DSLR and lenses but lugging that giant bag of camera equipment is just painful and I was always worried about setting it down or losing it.