BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:28 PM.
6 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Hi All! I am setting sail with my Husband, Mom and Dad and our two Boys (aged 10 / 5) on Wonder's 1/20 Cruise ... it's a SURPRISE for the kids and my dad :-) as a XMAS Present ... We are going to be flying in the day before (1/19) and I need to pick a hotel either near the ORLANDO Airport or near the Port. WHAT ARE THE BEST HOTELS FOR THIS and which ones provide the SHUTTLE SERVICE to the Port? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks! - Jennifer S.
canton, georgia
487 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I am staying at the Radisson at the port for my upcoming cruise. They have free parking and a shuttle to the pier.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Commodore Cruise line
Dolphin cruise lines
Carnival Tropical 2000
Disney Magic turn of the century cruise 2000
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2001
Carnival Miracle 2005
Carnival Destiny 2006
Disney Wonder 2007
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2008
Carnival Holiday 2009
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 2009
Carnival Fascination 2011
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 2011
Disney Dream 2012
Carnival Paradise 2012
Carnival Fascination 2013
Disney Dream 2013
Carnival Fascination 2013
Carnival Paradise 2013
Carnival Fascination 2014
Carnival Paradise 2014
Carnival Sensation 2015
Norwegian Getaway 2015
Carnival Ecstasy 2016
Carnival Sunshine 2017

Carnival Magic 2017
Montreal, Canada
1,817 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
We are cruising this november, and we are staying at the Hyatt at MCO
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
WDW 2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2013
Disney Magic Eastern Carribean Nov.2007
Norwegian Dawn Bermuda May 08
Carnival Glory Eastern Carribean August 08
Carnival Victory Southern Carribean March 2009
Carnival Fascination Bahamas/HMC August 2009
Carnival Dream /CTN November 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Bermuda & Eastern Carribean April 2010
Carnival Glory Canada & New England!! Sept2010
Carnival Triumph West Carri.New Year 2011 cruise!!!
Crown Princess April 2011, First Princess cruise
Disney Dream March 2012, 2X at Castaway Cay!!!!!
Carnival Magic August 2012 Western Carr.
MSC Poesia Dec. 2012 East. Carr. Worst cruise ever
Carnival Splendor April 23rd 2013 Eastern Carr.
Walt Disney World July 2013
Carnival Paradise March 2014 West. Carr.
NCL Gateway August 2014 Eastern Carr.
NCL Star March 2016 Western Carr.
Las Vegas October 2014
Windsor Hills December 2014
Disney 1/2 Princess Marathon Feb 2015

Disney Marathon 2017
RCCL Navigator OTS January 2018 Southern Carr.
NCL Escape November 2018 from NYC
729 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hyatt at the airport. You simply get off the plane, check in, and let the kids go to the pool. Next day, get up, have breakfast, and let DCL transfer you to the ship. Couldn't be easier!
Porter Ranch, CA
152 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
We just booked the Hyatt MCO for our January 12 cruise on the Magic. After extensive research, we decided that this is the easiest and most hassle-free place to stay the night before cruising. All you need do is sign up for the Disney shuttle with your travel agent or Disney Cruise Line directly, check in at the hotel, and they do the rest. If you have any more questions, do like I did, and call the concierge at the Hyatt and they'll answer all your questions.
Saranac, MI USA
2,169 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
residence inn in cape canaveral has some 2 bedroom suites / 2 bath for about $165 a nite. Think there's a hide a bed in the living room, you'd have a kitchen (which you might not use, but fridge and micriowave would come in handy) parents could have one room, you folks theother and put the kids on the hide a bed.

We are staying in one of these 2 bedroom units in October with friends we are traveling with. I'll try to remember to post back here afterward and let you know what we thought of it. The hotel is getting good reviews on tripadvisor
231 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hi. I will be taking a Disney cruise next week (hooray) and we will be flying in the night before. I booked the Hyatt at the airport because I did some asking around and it seems to be the easiest way to go. Our flight gets in around 9:30 p.m. and we have a child so we can get up to the room right away instead of having to take a cab or shuttle to a hotel with all the luggage and I just don't want to deal with mass confusion...The next morning we hired a town car to pick us up and take us to the port. I know in our case we take 2 cruises a year and it's worth the extra $ for less stress....Good luck
6 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
I've booked us in the Radisson ... and I'm also looking at the Hyatt at the Airport .... THANKS!!!!

- Jennifer S.
Colorado
182 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
the Hyatt at the airport ROCKS...

It's so nice just to walk off the plane, go across the airport and up to the hotel, check in, go to the pool if you like - have dinner and get up the next morning to have them take your luggage from in front of your room down to the DCL transport... then off to the bus yourself by going down 2 levels and you're on your way...

So hassle free!! Plus, it's fun for the kids if you get an "airport side" room - because you can stand on the balcony and look down the fountain and all the people...

We love it there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming Cruises
DELAYED INDEFINITELY

Previous Cruises
Disney Wonder 5-night Cozumel 11/22/14
Carnival Triumph 4-night 12/02/2010
Carnival Destiny 4-night 11/11/2009
Disney Wonder 4-night 12/5/2009
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-night 11/10/07
Disney Wonder 3-night 3/29/07
Cunard Countess Venezuela 1984
Black Sea Shipping's MV Odessa out of New Orleans 1980
Porter Ranch, CA
152 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by pmoments
We have a room at the Hyatt for Nov. Is there any problem getting from baggage claim back up to the hotel?
I was wondering that myself. Are there porters in the airport who can help with the luggage transfer to the hotel lobby, or do we rent one of the carts and wheel it ourselves? It's a lot of luggage to cart around and any help would be great. I know it's not a long walk, buy my DH cannot carry or push stuff for too long or too far.
Midwest
214 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
We're staying at the Radisson. They have a free shuttle to the ship.

I considered Country Inn & Suites, but they were more expensive the night we were looking at. But I would recommend this as well as they have a free breakfast buffet and I've had good luck with this chain elsewhere.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Disney Magic, November 24-December 1, 2007
Disney Wonder, Jan 2006
RCCL Voyager, Jan 2005
Carnival Imagination, Oct 1999
San Diego
8,858 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
we also stayed at Radisson...it was very easy to get to the port, the shuttles were quick, clean and efficient, rooms are nice and a nice atmosphere at the hotel
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises sailed
11/05 Disney Wonder - Bahamas
05/06 Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean - Honeymoon
12/06 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Mexico
05/07 Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean - Maiden Voyage
10/07 Vision Of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
04/08 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Mexico
09/08 Rhapsody of the Seas - Alaska - now C&A Platinum
01/09 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera
04/09 Carnival Elation - Baja Mexico B2B part 1
04/09 Carnival Elation - Baja Mexico B2B part 2
12/09 Celebrity Equinox - Southern Caribbean
04/10 Radiance of the Seas - Mexican Riviera
10/10 Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean
03/11 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
05/11 Carnival Paradise - Baja Mexico

So far 101 wonderful days spent at sea!!
Colorado
182 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Originally posted by pmoments
We have a room at the Hyatt for Nov. Is there any problem getting from baggage claim back up to the hotel?
Originally posted by Piscescruiser
I was wondering that myself. Are there porters in the airport who can help with the luggage transfer to the hotel lobby, or do we rent one of the carts and wheel it ourselves? It's a lot of luggage to cart around and any help would be great. I know it's not a long walk, buy my DH cannot carry or push stuff for too long or too far.
There are porters and it's easily done - just tell the porter that you are staying at the Hyatt, and they'll take you the back way (across the parking garage, lol) to the Hyatt...

BUT!! We were told last time by the gal who checked us in that we could just go straight to the Hyatt and check in, and if we gave one of their bellmen our baggage claim tickets, they'd go get them and take them to our room .
I assume this kind of depends on how busy they are and the time of day you arrive - I don't think you'd want to leave your luggage endlessly circling the carousel waiting for a bellman if it was busy!

We haven't tried this yet - but DH fully intends to in November... so we'll see!!

One thing to note tho: make sure you wait to put your DCL tags on the bags until you are in your hotel if you are arriving the night before.
We were warned by a DCL vet and didn't tag ours since we were arriving the day before - and the front desk manager at the Hyatt said "oh good! You have no idea how many people tag them the night before and they go off with the Disney bags to get sorted instead of coming up the carousel - it can take hours before they realize the mistake and most people don't get their bags back until around 9 pm when they do that!"

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming Cruises
DELAYED INDEFINITELY

Previous Cruises
Disney Wonder 5-night Cozumel 11/22/14
Carnival Triumph 4-night 12/02/2010
Carnival Destiny 4-night 11/11/2009
Disney Wonder 4-night 12/5/2009
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-night 11/10/07
Disney Wonder 3-night 3/29/07
Cunard Countess Venezuela 1984
Black Sea Shipping's MV Odessa out of New Orleans 1980
Porter Ranch, CA
152 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by yndygo
There are porters and it's easily done - just tell the porter that you are staying at the Hyatt, and they'll take you the back way (across the parking garage, lol) to the Hyatt...

BUT!! We were told last time by the gal who checked us in that we could just go straight to the Hyatt and check in, and if we gave one of their bellmen our baggage claim tickets, they'd go get them and take them to our room .
I assume this kind of depends on how busy they are and the time of day you arrive - I don't think you'd want to leave your luggage endlessly circling the carousel waiting for a bellman if it was busy!

We haven't tried this yet - but DH fully intends to in November... so we'll see!!

One thing to note tho: make sure you wait to put your DCL tags on the bags until you are in your hotel if you are arriving the night before.
We were warned by a DCL vet and didn't tag ours since we were arriving the day before - and the front desk manager at the Hyatt said "oh good! You have no idea how many people tag them the night before and they go off with the Disney bags to get sorted instead of coming up the carousel - it can take hours before they realize the mistake and most people don't get their bags back until around 9 pm when they do that!"

Good Grief! I've heard that too! No Disney transfer luggage tags on bags till you're in the hotel room. One of my worst fears is having the ship sail and having no luggage due to some mix up, especially coming from Los Angeles. And, while I think they're very very cute, I'm just not the type to wear Mickey Mouse T-shirts for an entire week! Do you think they sell formal evening clothes with Disney characters on them (just in case?)
Newark, CA. USA
3,398 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by FloridaCruzManiac
I prefer the Courtyard by Marriott MCO (Orlando Airport)
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lando-airport/
Great staff
Here's a tip regarding the Marriott: There are TWO Marriotts at MCO. Make sure that your limo company (and you) know exactly which hotel you're in otherwise you will have a phone conversation using the following phrases: "I'm outside the front entrance...yes the FRONT entrance...no, I can't see you either...Yes, the Marriott at the airport...MCO, that's what airport."

This has been a public service announcement from Host Mick
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mickey M
Cruise Critic Board Host
[email protected]