Spirit Balcony 9A or 8I ??

parrotthead

Anyone have any experience or opinions with Spirit Balconys catagory 8I (aft) and /or 9A (preminum)

~these are really the only 2 catagories I am considreing~

Cant decide between them.

I have never had an Aft...but the Preminum looks big and nice.

(Ok, I would LOVE the AftWrap, but thats not happening this trip)

So 8I or 9A???

we had a 9A on Pride (same class) - 6277. We loved it......it was close (very ) to the elevator but we heard NO elevator noise (and i was WAITING for that...no machine, no BING BING-nada!)

once in a while we would hear people in the hall going by...........but that wasn't all the time either.

if you click my webshots link below, i have pix and a video...............

only if you stand up and look down...(i think i have a pic of that too!:p:o)

mommy and i were quite comfy in that cabin............the only issue for us (and this will not apply in all situations) was that we rented a wheelchair and that cabin is at a dead end, so sometimes we caused a little stoppage of people (;)oops! but it wasn't for more than 30 seconds max!)

it was great as it was a straight shot up or down a couple decks for chow!

it was a good value for the size considering that the square footage was on par with the JS cabins on RCCl.....

and, lucky us, there was no need to try out the lifeboats so they were quiet!:D

Great pics!

I am so worried that I will 'make the wrong choice' - but Im a worrier- my sweetie is like "it does not matter what you choose--we will be on the ship and that will make you happy in it self...so either is fine." :cool:

anyone got Aft pics...?

LOL..........

there must be tons of spirit class aft pic around here someplace............i thought i had bookmarked some, but i did not...........

happy hunting and have fun whatever you choose...

one thing, we had an aft on enchantment....aside from it being OVER the karaoke bar...(dumb, very dumb:mad:)....and FAR away.............the constant vibration...like shaking as opposed to up and down and side to side pitch and roll was REALLY annoying....

all the drawers would shake open...:eek:

now, not sure about CCL ships' afts, but that is something to keep in the back of your mind.....the afts are farther away, and it MIGHT be shaky back there....

We have booked 8237 on the Miracle for my son who is a cobra pilot and one of his pilot buddies. They are okay with it because they are used to being on military ships. They don't thing the noise will bother them. Do you have any more pictures you can send so I can send them to them? Son is stationed in Japan and just told me to make the reservations for them. My email is sendittomeplease@msn.com.

My husband, younger son and I are going to have our first aft balcony. Those wonderful corner afts were gone. We are used to having a balcony and I have always wanted to try an aft. So we are going to try it.

Hi there!

Don't get 8237..lots of noise from above...the pizza joint was on top of us...If u are a sound sleeper it might be ok....

cabin 8237

8237_Carnival_Spirit.JPG

Oh no,that is the cabin we booked on the Pride.

Anyone have any experience or opinions with Spirit Balconys catagory 8I (aft) and /or 9A (preminum)

~these are really the only 2 catagories I am considreing~

Cant decide between them.

I have never had an Aft...but the Preminum looks big and nice.

(Ok, I would LOVE the AftWrap, but thats not happening this trip)

So 8I or 9A???

.....go to the back, not the side. You won't be sorry.

wasiii

Archived