Purchasing OBC Ahead of Time

hvyhttr21

Has anyone done this? How do you do it? Had any problems with it? I have heard of people not getting OBC's they were supposed to get, so that kind of scares me a little. But I like the idea of not have to worry about them tying up my card with pre-authorizations and not having to carry cash for anything but extra tips.

You can easily add money to your on board account.

Call Carnival at 800-906-7603. Tell them you would like to add XXX dollars as on board credit. You'll need your booking number and sailing date.

Make sure to ask for an email confirmation of the transaction. Once you have it, print it and stick it in with your docs. Better to have the documentation and not need it than need it and not have it.

One thing... you have to add the OBC at least 14 days in advance.

:)

I think the OBC idea is great. I've been stressing over holds on my cards. I'll just put a little money on the OBC every pay day and be done with it!

Has anyone had a problem with this process?

That is exactly what I was thinking :)

We used our credit card to purchase an OBC. We then used the point on the card to receive a statement credit. Net outcome was that we paid for our onboard expenses using our credit card rewards. We have capital one. In fact at the end we have more on board credit than expenses and received a check the last moring. It was nice not having a bill at the end and even nicer to get money back.

You can also do it online by "buying" funship dollars. Instead of putting your address, in that spot put your booking number and sail date. I have done this many times and it's nice to do along the way before you go with little extra you might have.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD&cid=CC_Footer_66

You can also do it online by "buying" funship dollars. Instead of putting your address, in that spot put your booking number and sail date. I have done this many times and it's nice to do along the way before you go with little extra you might have.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD&cid=CC_Footer_66

This is what we have done this time. It is suppose to show up on my docs about 2 weeks before cruise. In the past I bought gift certificates/funship dollars and mailed them in. I always worried they would get lost in the mail.

I love OBC and not having to worry so much about how much I spend.

You can easily add money to your on board account.

Call Carnival at 800-906-7603. Tell them you would like to add XXX dollars as on board credit. You'll need your booking number and sailing date.

Make sure to ask for an email confirmation of the transaction. Once you have it, print it and stick it in with your docs. Better to have the documentation and not need it than need it and not have it.

One thing... you have to add the OBC at least 14 days in advance.

:)

I have done this in the past. Worked great even though I was worried about it not showing up. One thing to add for the OP is to make sure you tell them when you check in that you are using cash/OBC. They might verrify the OBC (one did and other didn't). Once onboard you literally don't have to do anything and your card will work for charges even before it shows on the TV. What we experienced on the triumph last june.

Has anyone done this? How do you do it? Had any problems with it? I have heard of people not getting OBC's they were supposed to get, so that kind of scares me a little. But I like the idea of not have to worry about them tying up my card with pre-authorizations and not having to carry cash for anything but extra tips.

I do this every cruise!

After you get EACH OBC via the phone, by giving your C.C ask for a e-mail confirming the credit. ALSO be sure to look on your embarkation papers, I think page 7. That is the page with the price you paid for your trip. On the bottom you will see ship board credit.

This is so worth it and we did the Spirit over Christmas, and I had 670.00 OBC , and when I checked out I had 51.00 left, and they had a check waiting for me.

Having issues doing this tonight: Can't get past the address input area, also can't find anywhere to put booking number, cabin info, etc. Carnival website malfunction?

:confused: Leslee

Having issues doing this tonight: Can't get past the address input area, also can't find anywhere to put booking number, cabin info, etc. Carnival website malfunction?

:confused: Leslee

In the street address 1 field, if I recall correctly, just type in "Apply as onboard credit" and then in the street address field 2 put your cabin number in. I believe I had to actually put in my correct zip code, city and state for it to let me go forward. You will get an email confirmation afterwards and then another within the week saying your onboard credit was applied.

I just ordered some funship dollars last night. Just continue putting the information in even though there is writing over it. It worked for me. You can kind of see where they want the sail date, etc.

It has been like that the last two times I ordered, and I have got it to work both times.

claudia

I purchase funship dollars to be sent to me each pay. I book my cruise a few months ago- (ok it ws 18 months ago) I purchase a certificate one week and it comes the next week Its my fun way of a countdown clock.

To date I have 800.00 worth of certificates and still have 3 more pays to go.

Archived