Important news for those who sail this Sunday from San Juan...

El turista

This Sunday the Port of San Juan will have FIVE ships embarking. Adventure of the Seas, Carnival Destiny, Golden Princess, Constellation and Serenade of the Seas. Constellation and Serenade will offer a special 6 day cruise. Due to the high traffic of passengers some ships will be at other ports.

This is how they would be accomodated.

-PAN AMERICAN PIER

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

-PIER #1

Constellation

-PIER #4

Golden Princess

-PIER #6

Carnival Destiny

-NAVY FRONTIER

Volendam (Visiting)

For this reason, all passengers MUST be on cruise before 7pm. Best of luck to those arriving at San Juan airport, It won't be easy.

Are there any other quintuple witching hours coming up? I suppose AoS and Serenade of the Seas won't meet-up with each other for a while, now, since they're on 7-day cruise cycles, starting on different days, going forward.

I would imagine that Sundays would typically be the worst of the weekend days with Golden and Adventure being in port, and at the Pan Am pier, at the same time. Both ships carry a LOT of passengers. I am not positive who Serenade usually shares the Pan Am pier with but I think some of the other ships in port on Saturdays use the piers in town.

I need to do some research on this one.

I checked CruiseCal. Assuming it is correct, there are two ships in port on Saturdays this time of year: Serenade of the Seas and Celebrity Constellation. Both are RCI ships, obviously, and neither is in-transit, so I suspect both are at the Pan Am pier.

The Pan Am Pier is operated by RCCL and the PR Ports Authority, that means that the RCCL ships have priority. The newspaper in Puerto Rico posted the notice for the passengers, for those who have it (Buen Dia, Page 3 - El Nuevo Dia Newspaper).

Golden and Destiny handle almost the same passenger capacity, so using the Pier #4 and Pier #6 won't be a problem, both piers are capable to handle more than 2,600 passengers.

I'll be posting the links to the January 2 sailing in all ships.

Serenade:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000FHzkuqz1yOhMPuPzX_wP_96:vnkcfp40?packageCode=SR6SCSJ2&sailDate=1050102&date=20051&selectedCurrencyCode=&back_link_text=Search+Results&promoType=

Constellation:

http://www.celebrity.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=0000pJZB2s25Ef8-F72JG3bvZnf:1028etmk3?packageCode=CS6SCSJB&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1050102

I checked CruiseCal. Assuming it is correct, there are two ships in port on Saturdays this time of year: Serenade of the Seas and Celebrity Constellation. Both are RCI ships, obviously, and neither is in-transit, so I suspect both are at the Pan Am pier.

Actually, CruiseCal has the Constellation and Serenade in on Sunday. :)

Sorry. I was vague. By "this time of year" I meant January and February. Not this specific week. Constellation and Serenade of the Seas are in Puerto Rico on Saturdays over the winter. I believe they're only in port on Sunday this week due to holiday cruise schedules.

Are there any other quintuple witching hours coming up?

I like that term.

Next year it should be interesting to see what happens with New Years and Christmas on Sunday.

I am currently refreshing my database with the most current data. I'll check it out once I am done.

Hi;

For those of you sailing this Sunday from San Juan, to tell you the truth is going to be a mess. Not only five cruises are leaving that day, but the inaguration of the new governor of the island plus the festivities will be held in Old San Juan.

The new governor will go to catholic mass at 9:00 AM at the Cathedral in Old San Juan. He will be sworn at 2:00 PM on a park close to The Caribe Hilton and I think that he is going to walk thru El Paseo de La Princesa at 4:00, there is going to be music and festivities. That means a lot of people.

The serenade of the seas usually sails on Saturdays but they made it an 8 nighter for the new year followed by one cruise with 6 nights this week.

If you need more info let me know.

Well, I think they actually own the Pan Am pier, or at least a part of it, so using their own pier has got to be more efficient than using a shared pier. From what I've read, I think they try to do all embarkation and debarkation from their own pier (AoS and SoS), but aim to have in-transit cruises make port at OSJ (BoS, others?).

My advice is that think about going to visit OSJ twice before going, because it will be really really crowded. Like drarill said, the new governor will be sworn and usually like 10,000 people go to the activity, I can say that because I have seen previous activities like these, and believe a lot of people go, that imply the traffic will be bad, hopefully those who board at Pan Am would not have any problems. Those who embark at OSJ piers (#1, #4, #6) try to get early.

Archived