palm beach vs eagle beach

angel 77

We are looking to spend a day at the beach in Aruba in April, and have been reading about Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. Are they near each other and which is better? We have also looked into day passes for the Radision and Amsterdam Manor. Where are these resort located, are they close together? Which is preferred??

Thanks in advance for any info...

1 month until we sail the caribean for 2 weeks!!

The Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach is approximately 2 1/2 miles from the cruise terminal in Oranjestad. There is a distance of 1 1/4 miles between the Amsterdam Manor and the Radisson on Palm Beach.

Be aware that both resorts have begun limited the number of day passes issued, based upon resort occupancy.

Eagle beach is much quieter and can sometimes have waves. The beginning of this week they were surfing on Eagle Beach. ;)

Palm beach has tons of activities, resorts, watersports, restaurants, bars and the water, unless there is a storm, is lake like.

Thanks Arubalisa,

I have contacted the Radission who informed me that the allocation of day passes depends on hotel occupancy, and asked that I contact them 10 days prior. The Amsterdam said that they offer passes for the beach only and did not say that there may be restrictions.

We want a calm beach, most of all, so sounds like Palm Beach is the best bet, and hence the Radission.

Thanks.

Is it possible to catch a bus from the cruise ship pier to Palm Beach? If so, where is the bus stop, how much does it cost, and how long would it take to get to Palm Beach?

If that is not possible, is there a beach with full facilities that is close to the cruise ship pier? All we want to do while on Aruba is hit the beach, grab a lounge and umbrella and relax.

Is it possible to catch a bus from the cruise ship pier to Palm Beach? If so, where is the bus stop, how much does it cost, and how long would it take to get to Palm Beach?

If that is not possible, is there a beach with full facilities that is close to the cruise ship pier? All we want to do while on Aruba is hit the beach, grab a lounge and umbrella and relax.

Very doable and easy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1138562

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=715404

• 5 weeks later...

:)

The Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach is approximately 2 1/2 miles from the cruise terminal in Oranjestad. There is a distance of 1 1/4 miles between the Amsterdam Manor and the Radisson on Palm Beach.

Be aware that both resorts have begun limited the number of day passes issued, based upon resort occupancy.

Eagle beach is much quieter and can sometimes have waves. The beginning of this week they were surfing on Eagle Beach. ;)

Palm beach has tons of activities, resorts, watersports, restaurants, bars and the water, unless there is a storm, is lake like.

Took your advice last year and taxi to Radisson for the day,used beach umbrellas,nice restaurant,great pool,chairs in water at shallow end,beach was a little rough.I really enjoyed it but next year we stop there again and i want to find a better Beach with calmer water for my DW.:)

If the water was rough on Palm Beach there was a storm or a front out to sea. 99 days out of 100 the water is flat such as you will see at

http://www.setar.aw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1442&Itemid=480

Scroll down to Aruba Watersports, this cam on Palm Beach is located between the Radisson and Occidental.

00408C859D1F.jpg.e1d5e601f68bdaeaf664f5056327e3d7.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We just arrived back from our cruise, when we went to Aruba we took a cab from the port and told the cab driver to take us to Eagle beach, he told us Palm beach was much better and had all the things we needed,like chair/umbrella rentals and restaurants, even a washroom we could use. He took us to the entrance between two hotels and there were some attendants that walked us to the beach and set us up with chair and mat rentals. They told us the washroom was there for us to use. The beach was lovely but very crowded and the water was murky, we did have a good day.

On the way home we had a different taxi driver, he drove us another way back to the ship.....along the beach, we passed a beautiful beach less crowded and had chair/umbrella rentals and a washroom, and place to get drinks. He told us this was Eagle beach....we realised that the other cab driver knew where he wanted to take us, it was farther from the port and in a way took advantage of us....we did have a good time but would of rather been at the quieter, nicer beach. Just a heads up, Eagle beach is closer and had everything Palm beach had...even more space.

• 1 month later...

All beaches in Aruba are public beaches and free to use. There are charges by respective resorts for use of shade palapas and chaise lounges.

Renaissance Island is an "out island" and leased, thus private.

We are looking to spend a day at the beach in Aruba in April, and have been reading about Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. Are they near each other and which is better? We have also looked into day passes for the Radision and Amsterdam Manor. Where are these resort located, are they close together? Which is preferred??

Thanks in advance for any info...

1 month until we sail the caribean for 2 weeks!!

Hi Angel, Going to Aruba on Constellation 1/15/11. Can you help me out with where you spend your day and how to got to your chosen spot Hope it was wonderful. Arlene (ojada)

Hi Angel, just realized that my daughter was using my computer and never logged out, so I will not be getting your response. My question? We will be sailing on Constellation 1/15/11 and would like to spend a beach day inAruba. What did you do and how did you get there. Any comments would be appreciated.

Arlene

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Arubalisa,

I read a review recently from someone who had a beautiful day at EAgle beach during her cruise to Aruba, we are going to be there in late August and we love beautiful clean beaches but especially like good snorkeling with lots of fish etc. Would we be better off at Palm beach or Eagle beach or another beach to see good snorkeling and yet have nice facilities with food, lounge chairs, umbrellas and restrooms. We had actually booked a day at DePalm island and then saw a posting with an arial view and comments about very little actual beach and black plastic under the sand etc. Now we are questioning that choice and may cancel it for another option of just getting a taxi to a nice beach. Thank you for your info, have read a number of posts from you and was told you were a great source of information. Appreciate your help.

One more thing, would also like to see some of the other sights of Aruba so was wondering if a taxi driver or other tour would be a good way to see the divi trees, natural arch (Smaller one), lighthouse. Thanks, MJN

Hi Arubalisa,

I read a review recently from someone who had a beautiful day at EAgle beach during her cruise to Aruba, we are going to be there in late August and we love beautiful clean beaches but especially like good snorkeling with lots of fish etc. Would we be better off at Palm beach or Eagle beach or another beach to see good snorkeling and yet have nice facilities with food, lounge chairs, umbrellas and restrooms.

There is nothing to see snorkeling off of Palm Beach or Eagle Beach. With a "only" a white sandy bottom, you may see some fish swimming by, but that is just a random thing.

On Palm Beach, there is a spot between the Westin and Divi Phoenix Resort (south end of Palm Beach) which you can snorkel. The water is very calm there as well. About 150 yards off the beach there is a little jetty like rock island.

palai_sm.JPG click on thumbnail to enlarge

Here you can view fish, octopus, and other critters, etc. There are also rock jetties along both sides of the Phoenix's beach which may offer some glimpses of sea life.

No chaises though nor much else real close by. The Westin is a short walk and the closest resort.

Otherwise for snorkeling from shore check out Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove.

We had actually booked a day at DePalm island and then saw a posting with an arial view and comments about very little actual beach and black plastic under the sand etc. Now we are questioning that choice and may cancel it for another option of just getting a taxi to a nice beach.

I can honetly say that you will hear/read excellent reviews and some very poor ones as well. Go with your gut.

Thank you for your info, have read a number of posts from you and was told you were a great source of information. Appreciate your help.

Thank you very much for your kind words, it is always nice to know that you are appreciated. :o

One more thing, would also like to see some of the other sights of Aruba so was wondering if a taxi driver or other tour would be a good way to see the divi trees, natural arch (Smaller one), lighthouse. Thanks, MJN

I would suggest a private taxi tour with Bully. One of my friends returned from an Aruba land vacation on Saturday and is STILL raving about how wonderful he was and the sights that he took he and his family to see. There are a lot of comments as well at Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba?? All those cruise critic members agree. ;) :)

bully_card.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We want to go to Eagle Beach on our day in Aruba. But I hear the sun is strong, and we should get some kind of shade, so we would like to be able to rent a palapa. I understand there are some there, but do we have a good chance at getting one, or should we try and contact anyone ahead of time (and if so, who do we contact?)

Looking forward to our day in Aruba!

Contact the Amsterdam Manor for their current policy.

Eagle Beach, Palm Beach or Other??

We want to go to Eagle Beach on our day in Aruba. But I hear the sun is strong, and we should get some kind of shade, so we would like to be able to rent a palapa. I understand there are some there, but do we have a good chance at getting one, or should we try and contact anyone ahead of time (and if so, who do we contact?)

Looking forward to our day in Aruba!

Archived