palm beach vs eagle beach

angel 77

Just heard back from Amsterdam Manor, and they told me that a palapa rental, including two chairs would be just $6 per person for the day, $12 couple. Very reasonable. They said all you need to do is look for their attendant on the beach, and they will help get you settled.

Sounds like a plan!

I don't like to post any kind of negative things before knowing for sure, but I have read here and there that Amsterdam Manor is very close to the sewage treatment facility.

Please . . . anyone that has been there recently, tell me whether this affected your beach day there. From other review sites, it looks like they may have taken care of that (the smell from time to time), but I would love to hear from anyone who has been recently.

Thanks.

I have for the last 3 year stayed next door to AM and have never had any issue with the treatment plant. It is IMO the best beach area in Aruba, nice clear sandy bottom. At AM the food is really good you can get drinks there. The food isn't cheap but it's good we had burgers and ff with a mixed drink each and the cost ran about $38.

We're gonna be there next Saturday, here's our plan. Take the bus to Palm Beach, explore the beach, hotels, etc for a few hours, then take the bus back to Amsterdam Manor and get a palapas on the beach. Then bus back to ship, we're in port from 8am to 11pm.

We did AM in the spring and loved it but we want to see how Palm beach compares. Only drawback at AM was the beach bar---2 beers (6 ounce cans) for $5US each. Ouch!

But what a beautiful quiet beach day.

Debbie and Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Archived