Paradise Beach Cozumel - anyone recently been?

Redheada

Hi all - leaving Sunday on the Voyager and we are headed to Cozumel. I had posted on the Cozumel board but wanted to see if anyone had recently been to Paradise beach. We cannot get into Nachi because they are full.

Should we go early? I am concerned about 10,000 people being in port during spring break and thinking for sure it will be busy. I don't necessarily mind that because I am brining a bunch of teens too but I think we should be getting over there sooner rather than later. Anyone have any recent experiences or comments? Thanks!

And if Paradise Beach is busy, check out San Francisco beach right next door..we were there in Oct. and it was fantastic!! They have a pool..and if the teens want they can still buy the wrist bands for Pb & use all their water toys..

Do you happen to have pictures? Was there a cover? Chairs, umbrellas?

There are covered areas, chairs and umbrellas. I'll post this link...I hope you're able to access it as it's from an agency. It's a list of all the beaches in Cozumel. We've been to San Francisco Beach, Play del Sol (Playa Mia Beach Break), and Mr. Sancho's. All of them have the amenities you mentioned. If it doesn't make it, I could always e-mail it to you.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/BEACHES

we were there in september. grrrreat place. beer and drinks very reasonable. the staff is awesome. Be careful, it gets very hot. we had one person get dehydrated and pass out. a little scary

We were there last week and loved it. There were only a couple ships in port that day and there were lots of people but it didn't feel too crowded. Plenty to do, great food and service. Reasonable prices. Free Wi-Fi. I think you will enjoy it.

I did not care for Play Mia...that's where all the booze cruises pull up and dock. Also, I saw more drunk teenagers there than I've ever seen anywhere. It was awful. Maybe it was just the day we were there, but I don't think I want to go back. It was very crowded too.

I did not care for Play Mia...that's where all the booze cruises pull up and dock. Also, I saw more drunk teenagers there than I've ever seen anywhere. It was awful. Maybe it was just the day we were there, but I don't think I want to go back. It was very crowded too.

That is exactly why I was asking about this beach. We are going to be 5 ships into that port that day :eek:

So we are trying not to hit the more popular beaches;)

I was there last week on a day with 4 ships in port. we got there at about 9ish and by 2 it was pretty busy. You can always find chairs. They have added a new bunch of water toys out there. It is great for kids who can swim and teens. Lots of fun....

Can you rent the floating mats at Paradise Beach and also @ Nachi Comen? We like the looks of Paradise Beach but would like the floating mats also. Thanks!

We go to the dollar store before we leave for our cruise and buy a couple of blow up air mattresses for our beach days. $1/person! You can just deflate them or toss them away.

We went to Paradise Beach about 2 weeks ago. We took a cab ride there from port for 4 of us. Ride in was $19 and the ride out was $13. I think it depends on supply and demand.

We got to the beach about 10. We were not planning on staying long and planned to be back at the ship for lunch. The beach was not busy at all. There were tons of empty chairs.

When we arrived, they told us there was no charge for the chairs and umbrellas, but they just ask that that you buy a few drinks. This was not qualified in ANY way (i.e a per person minimum). In hindsight we should have asked. Anyhow, we took up one chair with our stuff. We declined the water toys. Our kids are 2 and 4 and just wanted to build sandcastles. I don't drink and we had sippy cups for the kids with water. The guy tried to sell DH a bucket of beers. He told him that I didn't drink and that he would not be able to drink that much, so he would just order them as he wanted them. He ended up having about 3 beers and then it was time for us to head back to the ship ... so he asked to settle up his bill, and they tried to ding us for $20 pp minimum. DH refused to pay, and they told us to leave (we were planning on leaving anyway).

I have no problem with their pp charge .... I just wish they had been upfront about this. I had posted about this at carnival's site, and others said they were charged $10 pp. Others said no charge at all, so I dont' think they are consistent with their policy.

The beach was beautiful and I would go back there again .... but next time I'll be prepared and order $20 of food and drink per person.

YMMV

• 9 months later...
We are planning to go to Cozumel in Jan 2011. We were there last in March 2010. There were very few people in Chankanaab National Park when we were there from 11AM to 3PM. Less crowded beach than Paradise...

We were there in Nov. 2010 and while I thought it was a beautiful place, I did not like the fact that you had to pay $21pp just to get in the National Park.:( I will go to a different beach next time in Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any close backups if this beach is crowded? Docking at 10AM and looks like 3 other ships will be there before us by an hour or so. I would hate to take a taxi all the way their and have it be packed and pay for a taxi to go somewhere else. Any advice or should it not be a problem?

Yes, there are lots of beaches right by Paradise if you decide not to stay. Carlos and Charlie's is right next door and you could easily walk there.

That being said, we LOVED Paradise Beach and had one of the most fun days ever there. We went over Thanksgiving and loved it so much we booked a cruise next month (Feb) and then again in October and plan to go to Paradise Beach both times. :)

Honestly, I don't think 3 other ships in Cozumel that day is too bad.

Have a great cruise!

Archived