Voyager of the Seas ~ Renewing Vows in July 2005 (Help....)

Hi:

DH/I are going on VOS in July 2005 to celebrate our 10th anniversary and plan on renewing our vows on the ship. We booked our vow renewal with Royal Romance and have several questions.

• Were you happy with the services provided by Royal Romance?
  • How far prior to the cruise did they contact you to review the ceremony, date, time, etc.?
  • What kind of music did they play at the ceremony? Was it any good? Should we bring our own?
  • Was the social host that performed the ceremony good?
  • How long was the ceremony?
  • How many pictures did the photographer take?
  • Were you happy with the pictures?
  • Where were the pictures taken on the ship?
  • How much were the proofs if you wanted to purchase them?
  • What kind of cake did you get?
  • Were you able to select what kind of cake you wanted and filling?
  • What was the chapel like?
  • What did the bride’s flowers look like?
  • Do you have a chose of colors or styles to choose from?
  • We are hoping to renew our vows on our anniversary since we are in port that day. The only thing I’m concerned with is that I think that day will be a formal evening since it’s toward the end of the cruise. Due to that, can the ceremony be preformed before we leave port in the afternoon?

We don’t plan on having a reception afterwards and will have a few friends attending the ceremony that will be on the cruise with us. From what I gathered reading the contract/brochure, it seems like we won’t know anything until a few weeks prior to the cruise.

Any information you can provide us would be greatly appreciated. Would like to hear about your experience, pros, cons, advice, etc.

This has been a dream for DH/I since the day we were married and we are hoping for our special day to go smoothly.

Thanks so much for your help!

Signed: A Nervous Bride Ten Years Later… :eek:

Hi:

DH/I are going on VOS in July 2005 to celebrate our 10th anniversary and plan on renewing our vows on the ship. We booked our vow renewal with Royal Romance and have several questions.

Hi Trish,

I followed the link you posted on the M&M thread and will do my best to answer your questions.

Were you happy with the services provided by Royal Romance?

Very happy!

How far prior to the cruise did they contact you to review the ceremony, date, time, etc.?

All arrangements were made with the social host once we were on board. As soon as you bpard get the phone extension for the social host & leave a message to cantact you to make arrangements.

What kind of music did they play at the ceremony? Was it any good? Should we bring our own?

It was nice, but you can bring your own if you like.

Was the social host that performed the ceremony good?

He (name was Leo) was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

How long was the ceremony?

I think it was about a half hour

How many pictures did the photographer take?

Several at the ceremony, more at the reception, and then he took us around the ship for about another hour to take more pictures at various spots on board. About 40+ all together

Were you happy with the pictures?

Very

Where were the pictures taken on the ship?

on deck at sunset, inside by various sculptures, overlooking the promenade

How much were the proofs if you wanted to purchase them?

There were various packages, very expensive - I think the cheapest one was $500+. However, the "proofs" were all 5x7 and we sort of created our own package. We purchased the "wedding album" (which was part of the packages) separately for $25. It holds 20 5x7's. We then selected 20 5x7 proofs to purchase for $6.95 each to put in the album. The Vow Renewal package includes an 8x10 in a silver frame so we chose one picture for the 8X10. I'll tell you more (and there is more) in a private email if you like.

What kind of cake did you get?

Heart shaped cake - white icing, yellow cake - actually tasted pretty good.

Were you able to select what kind of cake you wanted and filling?

No

What was the chapel like?

Very nice - I can email you some of the pictures if you would like.

What did the bride’s flowers look like?

Do you have a chose of colors or styles to choose from?

They weren't providing flowers as part of the package when we sailed last year and reduced the price by $25. We ordered a coursage from the florist on board and the social host picked it up for us on his way to the ceremony. He also brought us a small bridal bouquet that we weren't charged for.

We are hoping to renew our vows on our anniversary since we are in port that day. The only thing I’m concerned with is that I think that day will be a formal evening since it’s toward the end of the cruise. Due to that, can the ceremony be preformed before we leave port in the afternoon?

They will not do it on a formal night. But they may be able to do it when the ship is in port - you will have to talk to the social host.

We don’t plan on having a reception afterwards and will have a few friends attending the ceremony that will be on the cruise with us. From what I gathered reading the contract/brochure, it seems like we won’t know anything until a few weeks prior to the cruise.

Actually, the details will be arranged with the social host once you are on board.

Any information you can provide us would be greatly appreciated. Would like to hear about your experience, pros, cons, advice, etc.

My review of our cruise last year Voyager of the Seas 07/04 by cruzeluvr

Hi Charlie:

Thank you very much for responding to my thread... I really appreciate it. Seems like you had a beautiful cruise/vow renewal on VOS. A belated congratulations to you and your wife. Barry/I can't wait to do this.:)

I would love to see the pictures and hear more about it. My email address is onyx66@hotmail.com.

Thank you so much for helping us out.. we greatly appreciate it!

Have a good weekend.

Hi:

Trish,

My VR was on Mariner in February 2004, so keep that in mind...

[*]Were you happy with the services provided by Royal Romance?

Not really. It took 2 phone calls to get everything set up, that is, get charged $500.

[*]How far prior to the cruise did they contact you to review the ceremony, date, time, etc.?

It took until the 2nd day of the 7-day cruise to get hold of the social host. Kinda limits your choice of days and times.

[*]What kind of music did they play at the ceremony? Was it any good? Should we bring our own?

DH made a CD for our ceremony. Good thing, since the first song the social host played was, "Here comes the bride," which I didn't have at the original ceremony.

[*]Was the social host that performed the ceremony good?

She was the worst part of the VR. We gave her RC's standard ceremony, and she couldn't read it well; turned down the music during the ceremony; pretty much ran out when the ceremony was over.

[*]How long was the ceremony?

About 15 minutes.

[*]How many pictures did the photographer take?

I lost count. There were photos taken inside the chapel, as well as all over the ship.

[*]Were you happy with the pictures?

Very good photos. Only ones we've ever bought on a cruise.

[*]Where were the pictures taken on the ship?

See above.

[*]How much were the proofs if you wanted to purchase them?

Honestly, I don't remember. I think we bought about 10 of them, and the photographer gave us a large one free, in addition to the one that came with the VR package.

[*]What kind of cake did you get?

Yellow, with fondant icing and birthday candles. Not good.

[*]Were you able to select what kind of cake you wanted and filling?

No choice.

[*]What was the chapel like?

Very nice, lots of light.

[*]What did the bride’s flowers look like?

RC sent a bouquet photo of about 12 roses. My bouquet had 3 roses.

[*]Do you have a chose of colors or styles to choose from?

Nope.

[*]We are hoping to renew our vows on our anniversary since we are in port that day. The only thing I’m concerned with is that I think that day will be a formal evening since it’s toward the end of the cruise. Due to that, can the ceremony be preformed before we leave port in the afternoon?

Don't know. Guess it depends on the social host's schedule.

Good luck to you and congratulations. BTW, if you think the price of this is bad, check out the cost on DCL. <g>

Lisa

Hi Lisa:

Thank you very much for responding to my thread and answering all of my questions. I guess I'm better off bringing a CD of any special music that we want, a very small bouquet of silk flowers and hope that nothing will go wrong.

I don't understand why RR can't contact you via email, phone before the cruise just to review everything. When I faxed back the agreement I listed the day we are hoping to be married on. Not sure if it will do any good but can't hurt to try. Our anniversary is toward the end of the cruise so I'm hoping that everything will work out for us. If not, will take it from there.

Thanks again for your help.

• 2 months later...
Hi Lisa:

Thank you very much for responding to my thread and answering all of my questions. I guess I'm better off bringing a CD of any special music that we want, a very small bouquet of silk flowers and hope that nothing will go wrong.

I don't understand why RR can't contact you via email, phone before the cruise just to review everything. When I faxed back the agreement I listed the day we are hoping to be married on. Not sure if it will do any good but can't hurt to try. Our anniversary is toward the end of the cruise so I'm hoping that everything will work out for us. If not, will take it from there.

Thanks again for your help.

I am looking to book one of these myself for my wife and I 10 year anniversary, anyone else have any experiences?

Hello all my cruise buddies. We are celebrating our 25th annivasary the dy we port in Lebadee. We were thinking about the Renewing our vows but decided to spend our money is other ways on the ship ( drinking, shopping)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi All:

:) mdohertyjr ~ I haven't heard anything else regarding vow renewal on VOS. I've been searching the threads and I've heard a lot of pros/cons on it. Royal Romance is really messed up and many people complained about them. I've had my issues as well but ours is pretty easy. We won't know anything until we are on the ship and speak to the social host. We requested our anniversary date and the time but it's no guarantee but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Since our anniversary is toward the end of the cruise we might have better luck. I guess it all depends on what you are planning to do. It's only going to be DH/I and our friends that we met on our thread so far that will be cruising with us. If you decide to do something, document everything, keep copies of faxes, emails, who you spoke to on the phone, etc. Just in case something goes wrong you have something to back you up.

:) Darstime ~ Hello again... just responded to you on the other thread. You are defiintely doing the right thing and can do your own special vow renewal. If you want to come to ours you are more than welcome to since we will be on the same cruise. Labadee is beautiful and it's a nice beach day. Will definitely have to meet up so we can toast you!

Take care everyone and if I hear of anything else I'll let you know.

C ya!

Archived