What line/ship to take to Hawaii?

kmcphee26

So I am a big RCI cruiser... I have cruised Celebrity, Carnival, and Disney, but not since I was a kid, so I don't really remember them. But my family and I want to switch it up and move away from the Caribbean sailings for once. So we were thinking Hawaii!

I know RCI has a few Hawaii cruises, but I am not a huge fan of the itineraries. What other lines/ships would people recommend for Hawaii sailings? What would be best for someone who is a fan of RCI?

Thanks!!!

WEll that depends on what you are looking for. WE have sailed with RCCL several times and wanted to for our upcoming Hawaii cruise but we love to travel in the winter months and stay in warm weather so we chose NCL this time.

What time of the year do you want ot go?

We fly over to Hawaii and board for a 7 day port intensive cruise. YOu need to read some of the threads on here and this has been ask several times.

I've sailed RCCL and Disney. (Disney is our favorite and we don't have kids!) We picked NCL Pride of America because it's the only cruise that is roundtrip from Honolulu. We liked that we spent 2 days on each island and that there aren't a lot of sea days from traveling to/from the mainland. We're spending 3 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise in Waikiki. Though I would love to spend more time on the cruise, we are both working so vacation days are scarce and precious. We would rather use them spending more time in Hawaii than at sea.

So I am a big RCI cruiser... I have cruised Celebrity, Carnival, and Disney, but not since I was a kid, so I don't really remember them. But my family and I want to switch it up and move away from the Caribbean sailings for once. So we were thinking Hawaii!

I know RCI has a few Hawaii cruises, but I am not a huge fan of the itineraries. What other lines/ships would people recommend for Hawaii sailings? What would be best for someone who is a fan of RCI?

Thanks!!!

Hi kmcphee26! Like you, I am also a big fan of Royal Caribbean. But, like others here on the board, am going with NCL this time. It is the only cruise line that spends a full two days on each island. I'm going on this cruise to see HAWAII...not to spend time on the ocean.

I'm going on my third "US" NCL Hawaiian cruise. Have also taken a round trip San Diego (REAL cheap, otherwise I would NOT have even considered it)

I think the NCL itineraries are just excellent. Loaded with "Hawaii" and a lot of time, to see the Islands. Sure, it's way better to have extended days in hotels, but for the money, this is a great deal. For me, I won't consider anything else for Hawaii. :)

Archived