Luggage Tag Question

lovey1103

You have to request them. the link does not appear on your reservation page until about 5 weeks before the sailing date in my experience - around the same time the cruise edocs are available (not the same as the xpress pass). It is my understanding that they only ship to USA and maybe Canada and that for other countries you have to wait and get luggage tags at the pier - or so I've read here.

When you get about 5 to 6 weeks from your cruise you have to start

monitoring your reservation on the Celebrity website. It will tell you when

your edocs are available to print, and will also tell you when you can order your luggage tags. You fill out the info on line and they will mail them to you

within a few days. A warning....a few days after the message re luggage tags

appeared, it was replaced with a message that the supply of available luggage tags was exhausted, and that the tags would have to be picked up at the pier......not a real problem, but just one other thing to concern yourself with

on your departure day.So, be vigilant....check the cabin price daily, check for

edocs, and check for a luggage tag message.

Does one request luggage tags or are they automatically sent to your home after you complete your check-in process and print your boarding ticket?

on the princess sight, same place as the boarding tickets, there are luggage tags also available to print. should be on the same computer page, printed ours today. good luck

on the princess sight, same place as the boarding tickets, there are luggage tags also available to print. should be on the same computer page, printed ours today. good luck

Celebrity handles it differently than Princess. The Princess info doesn't

answer the poster's question

We just got ours for the Thanksgiving cruise. After I did the online check-in, I had to got back to "manage my reservation" and there was a link to order them. They took 5 business days to arrive. Make sure you complete the process at least 2 weeks in advance of your cruise.

You may also choose to call and request them, but , again, at least 2 weeks prior.

The 5-6 week "window" is correct. Do not wait for an email from Celebrity. You have to log in to your "My Celebrity" account and look for the links to E-docs and Request Luggage Tags. I ordered mine yesterday and printed my doc. Woo-hoo....this is getting real:D

In case you havent seen what they look like this is a recent example. I think they also have different colors for different decks? The sheet is approximately 11x14 inches and comes with 8 self adhesive tags, folded and mailed to you in an envelope 6x9 inches.

The front side contains:

SHIP

SAIL DATE

Day of the Week of sailing and abbreviation of embarkation port

Room Number

Your Name

A bar code for xreferencing to your booking (?)

Telephone number for POC of lost luggage

Backside contains (in 4 languages):

Instructions of how to remove and apply luggage tags

FRONT

tn_PB030007.JPG

BACK

tn_PB030008.JPG

• 1 month later...

I was going nuts trying to find how to order luggage tags, but never found "the link'. Nothing in Celebrity's FAQs say the link "will appear" within weeks of your cruise. I also appreciate the search section because most of my questions have been asked and answered...so helpful.

jcg

Got our tags today, a week after ordering. They arrive in an envelope from Royal Caribbean which has a pre-sorted postage mark. It's so innocuous and junk mail looking that at at first I thought it was a promotional mailing and almost tossed it!

• 8 months later...

Luggage tags are something you take for granted -- we're going on our first Celebrity cruise in a few years next month and we got our tags a couple of weeks ago. Many lines now make you print them out your self and tape or staple them to your bags -- even Holland America does this!

It will be good to be back aboard a Celebrity ship :)

Glad it works for most. We leave in 26 days. X customer service has been no help and our TA is also stymied as to what the heck is going on. I can guarantee I will be at the pier the day of departure!!!!!

• 1 month later...

OMG! My luggage tags showed as available just today for both segments of my B2B cruise on the Celebrity Millennium Nov 28 and Dec 3rd! Yea! :D

I took a screen shot for anyone who may want to see what it looks like that haven't ordered them before; third section down on the left, click on it and then fill out your address info.

Luggage_Tags.jpg

OMG! My luggage tags showed as available just today for both segments of my B2B cruise on the Celebrity Millennium Nov 28 and Dec 3rd! Yea! :D

I took a screen shot for anyone who may want to see what it looks like that haven't ordered them before; third section down on the left, click on it and then fill out your address info.

Luggage_Tags.jpg

Thanks for doing this. I'm cruising on the 24th of December, i know its still early but it's my first time on celebrity and i didn't know what to look for, so this helps a lot.

Thanks for doing this. I'm cruising on the 24th of December, i know its still early but it's my first time on celebrity and i didn't know what to look for, so this helps a lot.

Anything to help out fellow Celebrity cruisers! :D Glad to be of service... ;)

PS my Travel Agent also just sent me an email that my eDocs are ready and that she is printing them out and sending them to me in the mail. I'm so excited I'm about to pass out....

Decided not to wait (impatient!) and print my own eDocs. Below is a screen grab of how to tell when they are ready. For my 5-nt B2B's they were 13 pages each, for last years 9-nt on Celebrity Mercury I think they were 32 pages.

Go to 'Online Check-In', then 'View Details', then look at the bottom and see E-DOCS (to view or print)

edocs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After ordering my luggage tags on the 10th and eagerly waiting for them to arrive in the mailbox (like a jilted school girl sitting by the telephone on a Friday night) I called Celebrity Cruises to verify they had been mailed. After dealing with a rude reservations agent that said they just couldn't help me I called back and requested to be directed to Customer Service. She indicated that even though I got a confirmation page from the website that I had ordered them correctly the actual order on their side ended in an 'error' of some sort and none were mailed. She ordered them again for me, but 'lesson learned' to never believe what the Celebrity web site says in front of me without spoken confirmation over the phone.

The link to my luggage tags and edocs appeared exactly 49 days out from my cruise. There are still people from our rollcall that haven't gotten the link or edocs. Don't know why some of us have them and others don't. We are doing a lot of speculating, but can't figure out a common denominator yet. I booked through a TA, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it (vs booking directly with Celebrity).

You have to request them. the link does not appear on your reservation page until about 5 weeks before the sailing date in my experience - around the same time the cruise edocs are available (not the same as the xpress pass). It is my understanding that they only ship to USA and maybe Canada and that for other countries you have to wait and get luggage tags at the pier - or so I've read here.

I'm in Scotland (UK) and requested and received my luggage tags (for my cruise next month) a few weeks ago without any problems, they were mailed from RCCL from within the UK :)

Does one request luggage tags or are they automatically sent to your home after you complete your check-in process and print your boarding ticket?
If you want them mailed to you in advance it is probably a good idea to request them, although they have sent luggage tags to us automatically a number of times even though we did not request them.

Archived