Jade 10668 Aft balcony????

bhcruise

Has anyone ever had this cabin before? I have heard all the great things about aft balconies so I switched from an inside guarantee to this cabin. It is quite a price difference though so I am still deciding if it is worth it. I couldn't believe it was still available since we sail in less than 3 months. If anyone has any pictures that would be great! Is the balcony bigger than a standard balcony? Thanks for the help.

Yes, the aft balcony on Deck 10 will be deeper than it is on a standard (side) balcony. Also, it sounds like you are sailing the Med in the winter, which we did last year. If so, you will appreciate being on your aft balcony out of the wind. And here is the relaxing view that you will have:

MedCruise2010944.jpg

And, fwiw, the woman standing in this photo is on the balcony of 10668.

MedCruise20102292.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

(photos by Turtles06)

We had 10168 on the Pearl last year (I believe 10668 on the Jade would be about the same as this one). The balcony was great! Big enough for two chair and the little table that are on the usual balconies, plus we had two lounge chairs out there.

I've noticed that NCL is now charging more for aft-facing balconies (if you try to book, the aft-facing balconies are changing from BA to a higher level). I guess more and more folks have caught on to the treat of aft-facing balconies.

Have a great cruise!!

I was on an aft on the Jade to Greece and we loved it. We were more in the middle, not the end. There were lounge chairs on the balcony and we took our naps out there daily. My fondest memories. All the shots leaving ports were fantastic for our photo collection too. It's fairly quiet so you can sleep with the door opened. Only downside was a little soot got on the balcony at night but they always cleaned it up nicely each morning.

@bhcruise -

All our transatlantic cruises on NCL have been in one of the two centerline cabins, even on the small Azamara and Oceania ships. Have not been able to get one on Deck 10 - yet. The lower decks are fine too, but the larger balcony on Deck 10 would be a nice bonus. As long as you are aft, looking at your prop wash, you've got it made. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
We will be in this cabin Sunday.... first time on the Jewel... any tips?

Only tip--besides enjoy "our" room--is that when you step into the corridor, you will see a door marked staff. Go through there and up two flights and you are on the Lido aft area. Great for morning coffee! Bring thermal cups and you are all set. Enjoy!

• 6 months later...
I was in 10668 on the Jewel. Nice sized balcony, but like BarbRN said, you'll find soot from the incinerator when they run it. It's common on the Jewel-class ships. Here's a couple of photos of that balcony:

Open Seas

Aft Balcony

Just want to ask if anyone has sea sickness problems in this room - Jewel 10668?

Does the ship bounce up and down a lot?

We went on the Gem last year (first cruise!) an amazing cruise and we were oceanview on deck 5 mid and we went through some really rough seas from NY to Bahamas last nov. It wasn't so bad because we were in a lower deck and a friend gave us a couple of patches and that seemed to do the trick. I think we are going to get patches this year.

Also, how clean was the room? I read some reviews on here that it wasn't that clean, cigarette burns on carpet and some had the artwork leaning on their door from the gallery while being put in storage. Is this a problem or was it just an exception?

Sorry for my fussy little questions!!

We had 10168 on the Pearl last year (I believe 10668 on the Jade would be about the same as this one). The balcony was great! Big enough for two chair and the little table that are on the usual balconies, plus we had two lounge chairs out there.

I've noticed that NCL is now charging more for aft-facing balconies (if you try to book, the aft-facing balconies are changing from BA to a higher level). I guess more and more folks have caught on to the treat of aft-facing balconies.

Have a great cruise!!

Did you have to ask for two lounge chairs? Last time we had an aft balcony, we had one lounge chair, and when we asked the cabin steward, he said he couldn't get us another one. We were fine anyway, but it would have been nice.

@littlecucina1 -

The ship is much too heavy and massive to bounce. We *always* cruise in aft cabins, mostly transatlantic. And we have been in a few storms. Our cabin will go up and down, sort of like a very smooth elevator. It takes 3-4 seconds up, then it reverses direction and comes down again. At the bottom it turns around and starts all over again. About 8 seconds per round trip. We have never been sea sick on a cruise, so for us this very steady and smooth up & down rhythm is very enjoyable. No bucking or slamming into waves.

---

- Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312852088.265327.jpg.2e7d5a37000b97b339687c7a75af0294.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312852128.268617.jpg.fa4c783aae708fbf317c43878aa1eafe.jpg

@littlecucina1 -

The ship is much too heavy and massive to bounce. We *always* cruise in aft cabins, mostly transatlantic. And we have been in a few storms. Our cabin will go up and down, sort of like a very smooth elevator. It takes 3-4 seconds up, then it reverses direction and comes down again. At the bottom it turns around and starts all over again. About 8 seconds per round trip. We have never been sea sick on a cruise, so for us this very steady and smooth up & down rhythm is very enjoyable. No bucking or slamming into waves.

---

- Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

Thanks for the info! Did you ever go on the Jewel Aft BA cabins? Do you have pictures of it? Hoping we get an aft on deck 10. Oh one more question, how noisy is it when sailing from the sound of the wake? I saw a you tube video and heard the noise of the side BA the wind was really loud but the water was quiet.

Just want to ask if anyone has sea sickness problems in this room - Jewel 10668?

Does the ship bounce up and down a lot?

Also, how clean was the room? I read some reviews on here that it wasn't that clean, cigarette burns on carpet and some had the artwork leaning on their door from the gallery while being put in storage. Is this a problem or was it just an exception?

Sorry for my fussy little questions!!

It wasn't bad at all regarding the motion, but we also had good weather the week we went. We never got sea sick.

As for cleanliness, I noticed a couple of cigarette burns on the carpet, but none really stood out and you really had to look closely for them. The room attendant was great and since he also took care of the aft penthouse suites he was probably one of the best onboard. Artwork was never a problem. I only saw them moving the artwork once and they were never in our way. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Archived