December Mariner Pricing Jumps Way Up

Puffinater

Have been monitoring Mariner pricing for New Years. There has been little pricing change and good cabin availability....until now. Prices are up and cabin availabilty is down. In reading some of the roll calls it looks like lots of folks from the cancelled Carnival cruises are booking the Mariner. Good for them. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Well I snoozed, took a gamble and now it looks like we will not be heading out on the Mariner. :( To those lucky enough to be sailing have a great time.

Off to look for something else to book.:)

I too have been lurking about watching the prices on Mariner for the holiday. They have officially priced me out. :mad: I'm sure quite a few Carnival people took some of those spots. And good for them, I sailed on the Carnival Splendor and HATED IT, they are better off on Mariner.:D

As for me, guess it's another holiday at home.:p

It's not only Mariner, but for all cruise lines doing the MR on the west coast the price went way up.

I was just monitoring the prices for Nov/Dec/Jan MR cruises after the Splendor incident, not that I was going to take any cruise.

BUT the real increase in prices cam yesterday when Carnival announced that next available cruise on the Splendor was Jan 16.

I bought our Dec. Mariner cruise about a month ago, after watching the prices a few weeks. I'm glad I did.

Do holiday cruises really get cheaper at the last minute, if you're not one of the groups that can take advantage of their sales to book the last few cabins (in-state, TAs, employees, etc.)?

As Carnival Splendor is out of commission until Jan. 16 (I think that is either Mariner's last Mexican Riviera cruise or the beginning of her sailing away to go around South America), there is instantly less capacity out of California.

The 16th is when she departs for her Around the Horn sailing

As Carnival Splendor is out of commission until Jan. 16 (I think that is either Mariner's last Mexican Riviera cruise or the beginning of her sailing away to go around South America), there is instantly less capacity out of California.

And there you have it! Had the Splendor still been sailing, chances are that prices wouldn't have spiked the way they did ... 3000 passengers had to find other accommodations, and RCI took full advantage of the situation. As they say, "strictly a business decision."

I too have been lurking about watching the prices on Mariner for the holiday. They have officially priced me out. :mad: I'm sure quite a few Carnival people took some of those spots. And good for them, I sailed on the Carnival Splendor and HATED IT, they are better off on Mariner.:D

As for me, guess it's another holiday at home.:p

It's funny how cruise lines have cheer leaders.. It's pretty sad.

I have been watching the Mariner fares. We delayed booking because of our dog's old age problems. We are booked on the Dec 5 cruise and I wanted to do the week before or after during the Diamond event. It would have been our first B2B. It would have been really nice to get the extra credits and get to D+ before the end of the year. The prices have gone up a lot so we have to cross our fingers and hope we have a few more months to get the 3 credits needed for + before any changes to the C&A program.

The Carnival cruisers will enjoy how easy it is to get around the promenade ships.

Archived