What Ships Offer Future Cruise Certificates?

markntara

Do they sell these on every ship?

Carnival sales person told me that every ship sells them, but some ships sell out and may not have them available. Some ships it is hit or miss.

Has then been your experience?:confused:

markntara,

The FCC certs were first offered on Carnival Liberty in 2008 and that's when we purchased ours. Since then we've seen them on Dream in 2010. They did not offer them on Legend in 2009. I did not see them on Destiny in 2009, but they may have been available. I have read on other threads that they are fleetwide now, but I don't know that to be the case.

Not available on Pride, Imagination, Victory and Sensation. The other ships have a desk but it is not manned all the time.

As of March 2010 the Pride offered them...I'm ALMOST positive we walked by a FCC desk several times on our cruise. We kept thinking about getting one..but we weren't sure if we could afford another cruise right away. Turns out we can and now we regret not purchasing one. I'm hoping the Valor offers them this September so we can use it for our 2012 cruise.

I know they are not available on 4 ships, not sure which except the Victory. If you are on a ship that doesnt offer this you have a week after debarking your cruise to call Carnival and get one.

I just got off the Paradise on Monday and they don't sell them onboard. I would like to purchase one. Who do I call? The main info number???

Do they sell these on every ship?

Carnival sales person told me that every ship sells them, but some ships sell out and may not have them available. Some ships it is hit or miss.

Has then been your experience?:confused:

If you can find recent Funtimes you can check to see if there are hours for the Future Cruise Desk.

Our last cruise was on the Sensation. They did not have it. The Imagination, our next cruise, does not have a future cruise desk for the vouchers. I was told by Carnival via a phone conversation. I asked when they would have the desk. I was told that I could call Carnival within a week from getting off of the Imagination and order one on the phone.

I will find out if that is true in April. :)

Thanks for the wonderful information about being able to still purchase a FCC even though the ship doesn't sell them onboard. I just got off the phone with Carnival and was able to buy one over the phone. The process is a bit strange but they will email the person with my information and then she will contact me for payment.

Thanks again!:)

I was on the Liberty last week and the certificates were offered. They had a presentation one morning discussing the certificates. I purchased one. It required a $100 deposit. You have to reserve your next cruise within 2 years and sail within 3 years. The 3 year window should work for almost anyone. And if you don't use it within 3 years they will refund the $100 deposit. It seems like a win win for the passengers and Carnival.

I was on the Liberty last week and the certificates were offered. They had a presentation one morning discussing the certificates. I purchased one. It required a $100 deposit. You have to reserve your next cruise within 2 years and sail within 3 years. The 3 year window should work for almost anyone. And if you don't use it within 3 years they will refund the $100 deposit. It seems like a win win for the passengers and Carnival.

Do they offer you any special discounts, or OBC or anything for buying these?

Sorry - I originally posted that the Carnival Pride did not have them but I meant the Carnival Paradise. So all the ships have them except the Paradise, Imagination, Victory and Sensation.

You get OBC based on the length of the cruise from $50 to $200. The purchase price of $100 comes off the final payment so you're getting your own money back there. The OBC is free money.

Do you have to pay with cash for the FC certificates or do they go on the S&S card?

I wanted to buy one or two on this past cruise, but the attendant wasn't very helpful and I didn't feel like asking 20 questions and prying answers out of him.

Maybe next time.

I am on the Victory in March and its too bad that they don't offer it on board, however encouraged that I can still call one week after my cruise and get the FCC. I will definately be doing that as I bought one on the Miracle in Feb 2010 and am using it for my upcoming cruise. Its nice to see a OBC already applied, however that won't last long once onboard!

Archived