What's wrong with Dolphin deck?

ChrisB123

I notice that no one really speaks about Dolphin deck. Dh and I are booked in room D700 for our Sept West Coast on the Sapphire. Am I missing something here? It looks great to me. :D

Nothing wrong with Dolphin deck, some people don't like that the balcony is fully exposed and everyone can look down on you, but I like it because you get the full view of the ocean and the stars at night..

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Dolphin deck. They are great cabins. They are all minisuites with large fully exposed balconies. There are some that do not like a fully exposed balcony and they generally prefer the minisuites on the emerald deck which are fully covered and therefore more private. Enjoy !

I notice that no one really speaks about Dolphin deck. Dh and I are booked in room D700 for our Sept West Coast on the Sapphire. Am I missing something here? It looks great to me. :D
There is nothing wrong with Dolphin deck. Most of the mini-suites are located on that deck. The Dolphin deck balconies are totally uncovered and some people prefer some cover. If you are on your balcony people from Caribe deck and above can look over and see you but is that much different than by the pool? The 12 minis on Emerald deck are fully covered and desired by people who want a mini with shade all the time. On round trip cruises your balcony will probably be shaded by the ship about half of the time. On a TA one side of the ship will be in the sun and one side in the shade for most of the cruise. We have been in a Dolphin deck mini twice and would do it again. The open balcony did not bother us. Enjoy the extra room, sofa, two TV's and tub/shower in your mini-suite cabin.

We alway try and book D730 so to us Dolphin is good. It is especially good if the seward does the room when you are on the balcony and he inadvertantly lock you out there! Yelling at people above to contact him worked really well.

Well I certainly hope there is nothing wrong with the Dolphin Deck, because I upgraded this time to a mini suite AA (D504). I am sure looking forward to trying the Ultimate Balcony Dining on this cruise on our nice big balcony. After the last post I will be careful not to let the room steward lock us out though:eek: We sail CB in 19 days- woo hoo!

Locked out? :eek: Sorry, that that's so FUNNY!:D

I don't mind the lack of privacy at all. I notice we are right under Horizons and the MDR. Also across from the lifts. I love the idea. Noise or not it means all the important places are close. ;)

There is nothing wrong with Dolphin deck. Most of the mini-suites are located on that deck. The Dolphin deck balconies are totally uncovered and some people prefer some cover. If you are on your balcony people from Caribe deck and above can look over and see you but is that much different than by the pool? The 12 minis on Emerald deck are fully covered and desired by people who want a mini with shade all the time. On round trip cruises your balcony will probably be shaded by the ship about half of the time. On a TA one side of the ship will be in the sun and one side in the shade for most of the cruise. We have been in a Dolphin deck mini twice and would do it again. The open balcony did not bother us. Enjoy the extra room, sofa, two TV's and tub/shower in your mini-suite cabin.
I agree - the issue is the fully exposed balcony. The first time we booked a Dolphin deck mini was a Med cruise, and as luck would have it we weren't able to use the balcony in afternoons as it was fully exposed and Very Hot, getting not only direct sun but reflected radiation off the white paint of the ship. We have since had a minisuite where the ship's orientation allowed more use of the balcony.

I also hope there is nothing wrong with Dolphin Minis. We just upgraded our booking to D724 and my folks are next door in D726. I am thrilled about having a balcony for the first time and don't care if it is covered or open. I love that it is near the aft lift and close to the kids club and HC. We upgraded to have the extra space since we will have our 2 kids with us. (Yes, I am aware of the philosophy of having 2 cabins for our family and have done it in the past, but I am an employee and my choices and pricing are different ;))

Dolphin deck mini-suites are terrific. Yes, they're open and you can be seen from above, and someone may see me in my robe or swimsuit, but they might see me in my swimsuit on the pool deck too. If they want to spend their time looking at me whent they could be looking at the lovely waves, be my guest, but I highly doubt that anyone gives us a second glance.

By implication, the mere fact that it isn't mentioned means that there can't be too much wrong with it. These boards can be a mecca for complaints, so that fact that nothing has been said can only be a good thing:D

In our experience Dolphin is great and we had no 'issue' with the uncovered balcony. When ever I looked up people were looking out not down. Now if they were looking down when I was looking out then so be it, I am none the wiser. On the odd occasion that I looked up while someone looked down we might exchange a nod, wave or simple hello. If when you look up everyone is looking out in the same direction then it might be a sign to look out in the same direction also. If on the other hand when you look up everyone is looking down in the same direction then just be flattered.

We loved our Dolphin deck suite. People have other things to do than lean over to have a look what you are doing. The only time I saw people above was when the ship left a port. Much better than Emerald mini-suites where there is a possibility of a noisy bar below.

The only "problem" with the Dolphin deck is that you can't sunbathe in your birthday suit due to the gawkers from above. :eek:

If they GAWKED down on me, there would be one less GAWKER in the world. :eek: So, that is a good thing. :) We have D725 mini for our Alaska cruise in May. :D

The biggest problem that I encountered was not that people above could see everything we were doing, but that I could see everything that they had forgotten to put on under the very skimpy bathrobe. Whenever we would arrive in a port we would go outside. It never failed but someone would call out to us. BAM! I would look up. Seriously, underpants are a good idea for anyone past the age of toilet training.

The biggest problem that I encountered was not that people above could see everything we were doing, but that I could see everything that they had forgotten to put on under the very skimpy bathrobe. Whenever we would arrive in a port we would go outside. It never failed but someone would call out to us. BAM! I would look up. Seriously, underpants are a good idea for anyone past the age of toilet training.

OMG!!:eek: Thanks for the "heads up". lol...

Chris: we were in D700 on the Sapphire last year and loved it. Great location for accessing Horizon Court, Club Fusion, and the International Dining room. A short walk to the aft elevator and you're soon there. Your location is also convenient for snagging chocolate chip cookies in the Horizon Court in the afternoon. Yum!

My family had rooms D733,D731 and D729 on the Sapphire in January. We LOVED the rooms. The sunlight in the afternoon on the way down to Mexico, mixed with the sunsets leaving port, made for a great experience. Didn't have any issues with people above us.

ry%3D400

birds Eye view of D733

View from the Bridge.ry%3D400

I also hope there is nothing wrong with Dolphin Minis. We just upgraded our booking to D724 and my folks are next door in D726. I am thrilled about having a balcony for the first time and don't care if it is covered or open.

Where you are is one of my favorite locations. I will choose that over midship anytime. The access to the aft elevators is great.

Enjoy!

'If they GAWKED down on me, there would be one less GAWKER in the world. :eek:'

Love how you used the word 'GAWKED' this is an Ulster/Scots word well used where I come from. I have never heard it used outside Northern Ireland the smilie is wonderfully appropriate. Happy sailing.

Archived