Paradise Cove Luau Question?

Ceresgal

Paradise Cove Luau is the one the Celebrity cruise company sells packages for.....

I am booked for Sunday Oct . 9 ....

I believe the pick up at the ship is 4:30 PM

and return is 5 1/2 hours later......10:15 PM is what I was told....

cost is $120.......

My DW said she would prefer paying a little more and know they will get us back to the ship in time......

I am on a Princess Ship and this is not one of their Excursions. I was just wondering if anyone else had booked this Luau and had no problem getting back to their Ship before it sailed using the Luau Shuttle Bus?

I am considering this luau also, and will be on the Golden in March, 2012. Paradise Cove assures me we will be back on time! I kind of think that anyone would have had problems with this, that it would be on the boards. I have not seen anything. If you decide to go, PLEASE let us know how it was and how much of a time window you had when you returned.

• 1 year later...
I am considering this luau also, and will be on the Golden in March, 2012. Paradise Cove assures me we will be back on time! I kind of think that anyone would have had problems with this, that it would be on the boards. I have not seen anything. If you decide to go, PLEASE let us know how it was and how much of a time window you had when you returned.

Just wondering if you did end up going and how it went. We are considering doing this next April.

Me and my daughter just did this a couple of weeks ago, however I was too afraid to use their shuttle to get back on time so I reserved a car to pick us up and drop us off and it was perfect. We LOVED this luau, definitely worth it. The price was $180 for round trip transportation and I found a couple on our role call that were also interested and they split the cost with us. The luau was supposed to be done at 9 so we arranged to meet the driver a few minutes earlier, however the luau finished about 10 minutes earlier than 9. We were back on the ship before 10. We used Royal Hawaiian Limo and I would definitely do this again.

I recently spoke to a representative from Paradise Cove at the LA Travel Show. I asked him to compare Germaine's (one of the best on the island) to Paradise Cove. This is what he said:

Paradise Cove is actually on the beach, is farther out of town, but "almost" guarantees to be back to Princess on time. Their luau is shorter than Germaine's. Pick up is at 4:30 at the Ala Moana Hotel (you need to get yourself there), but they will drop you off at Aloha Towers. Their reputation is at stake so I am sure they will get you back in time.

I think Princess chooses to do the Polynesian Cultural Center because it is an all day activities (high revenue). I would not do this on my own time and try to get back to the ship. Princess will guarantee that you will not miss the ship if you go on their tour.

Renee (displaced local girl)

Archived