spencer ambrose west coast tour

beachbaby2

hi, we are looking to take spencer ambrose's west coast island tour in st lucia next month. i've read some of the negative reviews of his tours, and PLEASE don't repeat the negative reviews on this thread. are their any POSITIVE reviews of his tours? does he give you enough time at the end of his tours for shopping at or near the port? all of your input would be helpful, thanks!

We have been on Spencer's tours once with him and once with Smalls . Both times were magnificent , very organized carefree relaxing days . Not one

thing to slightly complain about . Yes both times we had plenty of time to shop a little and eat that icecream they sell at the port , yummy home made stuff ,

before reboarding the ship . I too read all the negative reviews and it makes me sad , cause I have seen how hard he has worked to build a good reputable bussiness . We won't hesitate to book with Spencer again !

We have been on Spencer's tours once with him and once with Smalls . Both times were magnificent , very organized carefree relaxing days . Not one

thing to slightly complain about . Yes both times we had plenty of time to shop a little and eat that ice cream they sell at the port , yummy home made stuff ,

before reboarding the ship . I too read all the negative reviews and it makes me sad , cause I have seen how hard he has worked to build a good reputable business . We won't hesitate to book with Spencer again !

I agree. I've booked with him twice, once for me and my husband, and the second time for my Mom and friends since they cruised with us a year later. All of us had a great day, with a few minutes to shop in the port area after we were finished. I highly recommend Spencer. He is very concerned with clients' satisfaction with the tour, so if something bothers you or makes you uneasy, don't be afraid to bring those issues to him while you're on the trip. We had a great experience with him each time.

hi, we are looking to take spencer ambrose's west coast island tour in st lucia next month. i've read some of the negative reviews of his tours, and PLEASE don't repeat the negative reviews on this thread. are their any POSITIVE reviews of his tours? does he give you enough time at the end of his tours for shopping at or near the port? all of your input would be helpful, thanks!

We had taken the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer and had a fabulous time! We got back to the port by 3:30 and with a 5:00 departure time we had plenty of time to do some shopping at Pointe Seraphine. From all the tours we took on our Carnival Victory cruise, Spencer Ambrose Tours stood out heads above the others! He was an awesome tour guide and very personable too. He really does try hard to take care and look after his guests and by the end of our tour, it felt like we had made a new friend.

This summer we took a land vacation to St. Lucia and were able to utilize Spencer's services again. Once again Spencer offered us fantastic service. We did book some tours through our hotel but found they could not even come close to the services offered by Spencer. We would very highly recommend him!

If you are interested to read my review and see photos of our West Coast Tour with Spencer, you can read it in my review at the link below:

(Posts #104-#108)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=6

I too read all the negative reviews and it makes me sad , cause I have seen how hard he has worked to build a good reputable bussiness . We won't hesitate to book with Spencer again !

Well said tjschwalm. We totally agree with you!

We had taken the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer and had a fabulous time! We got back to the port by 3:30 and with a 5:00 departure time we had plenty of time to do some shopping at Pointe Seraphine. From all the tours we took on our Carnival Victory cruise, Spencer Ambrose Tours stood out heads above the others! He was an awesome tour guide and very personable too. He really does try hard to take care and look after his guests and by the end of our tour, it felt like we had made a new friend.

This summer we took a land vacation to St. Lucia and were able to utilize Spencer's services again. Once again Spencer offered us fantastic service. We did book some tours through our hotel but found they could not even come close to the services offered by Spencer. We would very highly recommend him!

If you are interested to read my review and see photos of our West Coast Tour with Spencer, you can read it in my review at the link below:

(Posts #104-#108)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=6

Well said tjschwalm. We totally agree with you!

thanks! :D

We had a super tour with Spencer last month.I think that some people would complain know matter what. I can not think of anything he could have done to have made it a more perfect day.It was a full day but you will have time to shop at the Pier.

i agree with you 100%. maybe if spencer ambrose gives us a bad tour, i can ask carnival for a full refund and a free cruise???? lmao! thank you for your input :D

We toured with Spencer several years ago and had Smalls as our van driver. Everything was great and we will be looking to tour with him again on our December cruise. One thing a number of us did was have him arrange for a boat back from the last swimming stop at the Grand Pitons to the port, rather than take the van back through the mountains. It costs a little more for this service but saved a lot of time, leaving time to shop.

Mary Lou

We toured with Spencer several years ago and had Smalls as our van driver. Everything was great and we will be looking to tour with him again on our December cruise. One thing a number of us did was have him arrange for a boat back from the last swimming stop at the Grand Pitons to the port, rather than take the van back through the mountains. It costs a little more for this service but saved a lot of time, leaving time to shop.

Mary Lou

If I went back and did the same tour, I would do the same thing. The ride back is nice, but after a while it's so long and winding we couldn't wait to get back to the ship. Taking the water taxi would also give more time to stay and enjoy Jalousie Beach, or for shopping at the port. :)

Just another question. How can you be sure you get back to the ship by boat? I think our tour goes through the mountains and we would like time to shop. Do you set this up with him or where?

Spencer`s West Coast Island Delight tour does not return to the ship by boat. If you want a similar tour, but with a return by boat, you need to book his Land & Sea Adventure tour instead.

Spencer`s West Coast Island Delight tour does not return to the ship by boat. If you want a similar tour, but with a return by boat, you need to book his Land & Sea Adventure tour instead.

If you are taking the west coast tour, taking a water taxi back is an option. You just have to let Spencer know in advance so he can make the arrangements for you.

Just another question. How can you be sure you get back to the ship by boat? I think our tour goes through the mountains and we would like time to shop. Do you set this up with him or where?

as a matter of fact i read what everyone's inpurt was about the west coast tour and going back by boat to the port...i emailed spencer and had him switch us from the west coast tour to the land and sea tour. i don't know when you'll be there but we will be there on feb 10th, and there are only 2 seats left on the last boat that leaves the beach back to the port. he was very accomidating and emailed me back extreamly fast. we wanted more time to shop also so hopefully by changing tours it allows for more time.

So now I need more info. How much is a sea taxi and when do you need to let him know? We want to be at the beach but not huge beach bunnies and would like some time to shop but have heard that the one through the mountains take some time getting back but how much quicker is the boat?

Archived