Daq Shak

2xsin12mths

Question....we are heading to the Sheratin for a day pass when in Bahamas in May. Hubby and I did that last November and it was very nice. We just hopped a jitney and it takes you right to the Sheratin. My question is where is the Daq Shak? Is it in walking distance of the Sheratin. Everyone keeps talking about it so I need to have myself a banana daq:)

Question....we are heading to the Sheratin for a day pass when in Bahamas in May. Hubby and I did that last November and it was very nice. We just hopped a jitney and it takes you right to the Sheratin. My question is where is the Daq Shak? Is it in walking distance of the Sheratin. Everyone keeps talking about it so I need to have myself a banana daq:)

We had the best daiquiris at the Daq Shak in October 2010..in fact a group of us made sure we were there on 10-10-10 at 10 am and enjoyed a few :)

Planning on going back in April on my Allure of the Seas cruise. Found this info as this time we also want to combine it with some beach time. Hope this helps

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g147416-d1748354/Nassau:New-Providence-Island:The.Daiquiri.Shack.html

In November, we went to the Sheraton via the #10 jitney(so fun). I had such big plans to go the Daq Shack, but was so disappointed because there was so much construction and dirt/dust along that road, exhaust from cars and trucks and them blowing around more dirt as they drove by. I couldn't deal with hanging out there. Didn't go then and was disappointed since I was dying to after reading so much about it. However, I did have a very delicious Miami Vice at the pool bar at the Sheraton, a very beautiful property with no dirt and dust and exhaust and construction.

• 9 months later...

This is an older post - but - I wanted to bring it back to life! Just wanted to make sure that after Hurricane Sandy blew thru, that the Daiquiri Shack was still there? If so, can you still get to it on the Jitney #10 (we were going to use this mode of transportation to the Fish Fry as well if available?) - Also, we will be in Nassau on December 16th, which is a Sunday - so will the Shack and the Fish Fry be open on Sunday? Thank you for anyone who can help!:cool:

• 1 month later...

Well, after being in Nassau, hmmmm, I lost count at 15 times, we really wanted to find something new to do. I heard about this Daiquiri Shack in Cable Beach. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best daiquiri's EVER!!!!!! They will make them strong for you if you like. But, you have to sip the top of it first before mixing!!!!!!!!! FRESH fruit and they will make anything as long as they have the fruit. It was so good!!!!!! Good thing I had a ride to get there. And that ride was the #10 Jitney that you catch across the street from the Dunkin Donuts on Bay Street. Only $1.25 each way. Take it to cable beach and simply ask the driver to let you know where to get off. It is so simple!!!!!!

I award this place a 10 out of 10. Couldn't be more perfect!!!!!!!!:p

• 2 weeks later...
So where is the Daq Shack relative to the Fish Fry?

We will be in Nassau next week.. this sounds like something we will want to try. In fact, this is probably the most exciting thing we will do (we only get in at 2, so no Atlantis).

The Daq Shack that is being discussed is at Cable Beach.. across from the sheraton at Pompey Village.

But you'll find some of the best fresh daquiris in the bahamas at the fish fry as well. there are several vendors.

i will be there in 2 weeks,is this place across from the sheraton that has the "DAY PASS"

Yes it is :) very easy to take the #10 jitney. I was apprehensive at first but I have gone there twice using the jitney. Here is the link that helped me

No not walking distance from the port. This helpful poster has given directions on how to get there without taking a taxi.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...98&postcount=7

The Daq Shack that is being discussed is at Cable Beach.. across from the sheraton at Pompey Village.

But you'll find some of the best fresh daquiris in the bahamas at the fish fry as well. there are several vendors.

Interesting.. are there any suggestions? People seem to LOVE the Daq Shak. Are there testimonials for the other places?

Interesting.. are there any suggestions? People seem to LOVE the Daq Shak. Are there testimonials for the other places?

Just the crowds of people smiling as they enjoy.

Look for daq stands that have fresh fruit on the counter.

Not sure of the hours here.. I usually stop by after work hours

Under ParadiseIsland's western Bridge is another spot of great daq's. It's where the ferry drops you off.

...you'll find some of the best fresh daquiris in the bahamas at the fish fry as well. there are several vendors.

All packed for a week at West Wind. Here's a testimonial for the pina coladas at Twin Brothers. We'll visit the Daq Shack this time too.

Archived