Promanade staterooms

basser

Has anyone ever stayed in the staterooms that overlook the Promenade on the Mariner? Do you have pictures? What are they called? are they considered balconies?

These staterooms are not balconies, and are usually priced between insides and oceanviews. On Royal's website, they are listed under the "Interior" category, and are called Promenade (PR). Sorry, no pictures.

That looks like a pretty small cabin. I think we'll pass on it.

They are small, but, the setup is quite effecient & the window seats are great. I like the cabins on Deck 7 that overlook the Promenade Cafe - there is almost always something to look at outside the window.

It all depends on what you need the cabin for (how much time do you spend in the cabin).

I've sailed a couple of times in a PR cabin. While it wouldn't be my first choice, due to the fact that I'm spoiled and want a balcony, I would take one in a heartbeat if it was the only option.

For me, the layout doesn't work, but that's a bigger factor than the size of the cabin. I hate having to go past the bed to get to the "living" area.

That looks like a pretty small cabin. I think we'll pass on it.
It is a very small cabin,the foot of the b ed almost reaches the wall,the window love seat and small couch are at right angles so if one sits on each your knees almost touch.There are cabins across from you so you must keep your drapes closed when undressed.Tried it once,never again. JMHO.

We had two connecting ones on Mariner, which made the small size seem not so bad. But yes, they are small. Otherwise, we enjoyed it in terms of the view. Always something to look at. Our kids would make a game out of predicting how many people would walk across a certain place in the promenade floor within a certain time.

It is a very small cabin,the foot of the b ed almost reaches the wall,the window love seat and small couch are at right angles so if one sits on each your knees almost touch.There are cabins across from you so you must keep your drapes closed when undressed.Tried it once,never again. JMHO.

I agree with this 100%.

stayed in there twice: Best bang for the buck. They are listed as Inside Staterooms; but they have a bay window and a cushioned seating area for people gazing: Booked it again for cruise number 13!! BTW, I also figured out CCL puts the Deck7 PRs on sale first then deck 6 and finally deck 7

There not quiet if your over the pub. Our first cruise was on top or the pub music and singing to 1 or 2 in morning, took it in stride and made it part of the fun we had. Also knew all the words to Sweet Caroline after hearing it sung a million times. It was a Nine day cruise. Just have to have a good attitude on a cruise and have fun.

Gidday all.

Our family has two Promenade cabins booked on the Voyager with a connecting door, this will be or first RCI cruise, have one teen and a tween sharing.

My question is, where does the connecting door go and please, does anyone have pictures?

Oh, deck 8 midship is where we have booked.

Thanking you in anticipation.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

Gidday all.

Our family has two Promenade cabins booked on the Voyager with a connecting door, this will be or first RCI cruise, have one teen and a tween sharing.

My question is, where does the connecting door go and please, does anyone have pictures?

Oh, deck 8 midship is where we have booked.

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG

Not sure what you mean by your question "where does the connecting door go?" It goes to the connected room. Or are you referring to the actual door itself? It just swings up against the wall, pretty much out of the way.

They are small, but, the setup is quite effecient & the window seats are great. I like the cabins on Deck 7 that overlook the Promenade Cafe - there is almost always something to look at outside the window.

We now stay only in PR cabins. For us they are PLENTY big enough. We also get the rooms that overlook the Promenade Cafe. We usually travel with others so it's easy to glance down to see if anyone is at the Cafe. Also great for watching the parades. You won't go wrong with them.

I was after the location of the connecting rooms in relation to the floor plan.

Hoping to see photos so I can see how much the open connecting doors will encroach on the cabin space and affect the layout.

Thanks again.

TraceyG

I was after the location of the connecting rooms in relation to the floor plan.

Hoping to see photos so I can see how much the open connecting doors will encroach on the cabin space and affect the layout.

Thanks again.

TraceyG

I think I know what you are talking about. You were probably wondering where in the room the connecting door is located. I wondered that myself a couple of months ago when I booked connecting promenade cabins on the Explorer. Anyway, we just got off the Explorer about a week ago. I took a few pictures, but I attached two here that give a decent idea where the door is. The first picture was taken at the head of the bed in my parents room looking into the room I shared with my sister. The second picture was taken while I was standing right in front of the sofa by the window.

IMG_0356.jpg.d1c594d8024009dfb5dd9be2ae4323cd.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg.a3555cfa3a413c9981bbbbe2a9b97d0e.jpg

That is exactly what I was after, you are way above fabulous!

Anything I should know about these rooms?

My DS is unipressed that we don't have a balcony, the kids, DS 16 and DD 12, first trip was in a Mini Suite on the Diamond Princess a couple of years ago, DH told him that two Promenade rooms would be better as we have more privacy and two bathrooms.

Thank you again for your speedy and accurate help.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

That is exactly what I was after, you are way above fabulous!

Anything I should know about these rooms?

My DS is unipressed that we don't have a balcony, the kids, DS 16 and DD 12, first trip was in a Mini Suite on the Diamond Princess a couple of years ago, DH told him that two Promenade rooms would be better as we have more privacy and two bathrooms.

Thank you again for your speedy and accurate help.

TraceyG

You're welcome. I've had situations here on CC where some people had no idea what I was asking, but there is usually someone who does. Anyway, I think people have pretty much covered the basics of what a promenade room is. I will agree with those who say it feels small. But, it feels a bit more open than a regular inside cabin. On our very recent cruise, my sister and I were going to have the beds separated, but our cabin steward suggested we leave them together, or there wouldn't be much room to get around. We left them together and had no problems (we are both plus sized adults, so fitting was fine. Also, we are very close, so there was no "weirdness" at all). We usually left the door open between the rooms, so it felt a little more open. The only issue (if you can call it that) with leaving the door open came at night. My mom felt more comfortable leaving the door open all the time (except for when we were getting dressed), even at night when we were all sleeping. My sister and I liked to sit late at night and read stuff, and it was hard because no matter which light we used, we always felt like the light was streaming right into the other room. Sometimes when we knew she was sleeping, we would shut the door and just open it back up before we went to bed. I am not sure what you're rules are going to be as far as leaving your door open or staying up late, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. I can't think of anything else to add right now. I do have some other pictures of our room, the view, etc., so if there is something else you would like to see I may have a picture of it.

It is actually just one door that swings open like a regular door. If the seas get a little rough, you may need something to hold the door open. There was one night when we seemed to hit some "turbulence" and the door actually kept opening and shutting. My sister and I laughed and made jokes about our haunted room. I set up my camera and filmed it. Also, I should mention that when we got to the rooms, the door was shut and locked. We didn't meet our room steward for quite a while after we got there, and when we did ask him about the door, he had to get security to come to help with it. So, as soon as you are able to meet your room steward, ask him/her about unlocking the door (it will be left unlocked for the rest of the cruise). Be prepared though, because due to the fact that there was a lot of action/chaos (with everyone finding their rooms and baggage being delivered by various staff members) we weren't able to have our room door unlocked for a couple of hours. I'm not sure if they can have it unlocked before you get there. We didn't ask ahead because we didn't realize it would take so long to have it done.

Thanks again Masked Turtle for your help.

Likely will go with the door open scenario and wedge a jandal (aka flip-flop or, Aussies say, thong, yes, can be contentious) under the door in rougher weather.

Crossing the "Tassie" can be an adventure even in a huge ship.

TraceyG

Archived