Beverages brought on RCI

Hi everyone.

I'm setting sail on Sunday with FOS and wanted to get some feedback on bringing beverages on board. I know RCI posted about a month ago that this was no longer allowed, but cruisers are still doing it. Has anyone cruised within the past 2-3 weeks and brought their own beverages on board?

Thanks in advance :)

-Kristin

I wasn't on the FOS, but went on the Monarch and we brought water and soda. Carried them on. Security asked to look at them. Everything was fine and they let us bring our drinks on.

We embarked from Port Canaveral last week (June 1) and while we had no beverages, OBSERVED the porters NOT accepting cases or 12 packs of beverages as part of checked luggage The cruise line allowed it to be brought on, but passengers had to carry it on board and around until the cabins opened.

We watched check in security cut open the water case of the folks in line in front of us, take out a few bottles of water, inspect the bottles and let it through.

Hope this helps.

M

If the soda is not offered on the ships [Coke zero in my case or Dr Pepper] they will allow it to be 'carried on', they will inspect the case to make sure it's really what it says it is and not a case of beer disguised as coke zero...especially if you are cruising spring break week. And you are not bringing more than a case or two [ I wouldn't push bringing more than one case.] I think it depends on whose station you go through, and what port your sailing from as to how the rules are interpreted.

Plan on picking up a 6 pack of water and a case of coke zero for our Allure trip...anyone here know how strict Ft Lauderdale ports are on this issue?

I brought on coke zero, gatorade, jim beam bourbon, and absolute vodka on my last cruise.

okay, I'll bite...HOW?

I have rum runners with 6 inches of dust on them cause the DH talks me out of trying them every time...:o I'm such a NON-rebel, rule follower...it's bad enough what they charge for a beer, but my drinks are substantially more:D...frufru drinks.

Backpack carry on-

four 20oz coke zero's and 4 small gatorades, one 8oz rum runner in a ziplock bag mixed with sunscreen, aloe, and several other liquid items to hide it.

girl friend carry on-

one 8oz rum runner with vodka

3 checked bags- two 32oz rum runners, two 16oz shampbooze all spread evenly throughout bags.

My carry on got searched. The lady checked the soda bottle caps and then lifted the ziplock bag out and looked at it with the rum runner and other items clearly visible and put it right back in my bag. Either they dont care or they are blind.

Sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale in February. We carried on a case of water and a 12 pack of soda. One of our airline carryons was a canvas bag with wheels. We used that bag to roll on the beverages. At security, we got flagged. They opened up the bag, took out a couple of waters, shook them to make sure they were water, smiled, and sent us on our way.

It is definitely worth it. The case of water cost the same as 1 bottle on the ship. I figured it was worth the risk of getting it taken away.

Happy Cruising!!

Archived