Port Everglades departure pictures, Carnival Freedom, Princes coral & Allure OTS

gambee

So even though the weather was pretty nasty today I decided to take mom out to Dania beach and see some ships depart port.

We got there a little late and we thought we would miss the freedom leaving port, but fortunately for us the weather was very nasty and that delayed all the itineraries :D

The entire process was a pain, covering the camera and such, but overall I had a great time as I always do. I want to note the Carnival ship was by far the one with the most energy, I get a kick waving to people and just seeing how much fun they are having. The princes ship was flat out dead, it seemed like a funeral was going on board :rolleyes: lol and the Allure was somewhere in the middle of the two.

DSC04007-Edit_zpsf9b6f1e2.jpg

DSC04011-Edit_zpse822ef57.jpg

These are some great shots. We just disembarked the Freedom this morning. We had departed Port Everglades last Saturday for an 8-day cruise. And, I must say, these Coast Guard pilots look like the same guys that were doing "hot dog" manuevers near our ship before and as we pulled out. Is this what they were doing in your shots?

Nice!:) Thanks so much for sharing these. I hope you have a good time on your Allure cruise.

Heather

Thanks, I can't wait. So excited.

Gambee, really awesome pictures of the weather and the ships. Many thanks for posting them here for our enjoyment.

you're welcome, my pleasure.

These are some great shots. We just disembarked the Freedom this morning. We had departed Port Everglades last Saturday for an 8-day cruise. And, I must say, these Coast Guard pilots look like the same guys that were doing "hot dog" manuevers near our ship before and as we pulled out. Is this what they were doing in your shots?

Yeah they did that with all 3 ships, this is the first time I see them doing it. It was pretty neat.

Nice pics. Because it was cloudy the true hull color ,blue, showed up really well on Allure. :)

I agree, I had a hard time trying to fix the colors a bit, but after a while I gave up. They still came up pretty good considering the conditions.

So even though the weather was pretty nasty today I decided to take mom out to Dania beach and see some ships depart port.

We got there a little late and we thought we would miss the freedom leaving port, but fortunately for us the weather was very nasty and that delayed all the itineraries :D

The entire process was a pain, covering the camera and such, but overall I had a great time as I always do. I want to note the Carnival ship was by far the one with the most energy, I get a kick waving to people and just seeing how much fun they are having. The princes ship was flat out dead, it seemed like a funeral was going on board :rolleyes: lol and the Allure was somewhere in the middle of the two.

Thank you so much!!! I wondered why they left so late. My computer bit the dust today :( and I had to get a new one, by the time I got it all set up It was 5:00 and I thought I had missed sail away! Imagine my surprise :eek: when I got to see it after all when I was setting my bookmarks! I love all the beach pics, too. I been meaning to ask the name of the beach so I can go there and watch the Oasis head out the day before my cruise! :D

Great pics! Where exactly were you and how do you get there? I'd love to go one day with my DD and show her the big boats that close!

Thanks!

I was in John Lloyd park in Dania beach the entrance costs $6, its a pretty good location, but I prefer to be in the other side, the issue with the other side is parking is very limited.

Love the pics!!! Wish we could see more of these on here from locals. I am just facinated with the huge floating cities!

I try to post pictures every time I go out. Sometimes I think people get tired of my postings.

Love the pics!!! Wish we could see more of these on here from locals. I am just facinated with the huge floating cities!

Wow great pics! Thanks for sharing those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad you enjoyed them :)

WOW!!!!!! :D Your picture are absolutely amazing. I love the pictures of the weather and the ships. So cool....thank you for sharing

Thanks, taking the pictures was pretty hard. It would not stop raining and I most definitely don't want to ruin my camera. So I alternated in way to cover the camera while I got the rest of me soaking wet :D

GREAT PIX!! If I lived near a port I would go and watch the ships leave too!! Since I do not live any where near a port....I resort to watching from my lap top!! My husband just smiles as he walks by...;)

Archived