Please help me plan my days in Bermuda

samzgirl84

We will be cruising to Bermuda this April. I have all our excursions pretty much settled. I just need advice as to about how long each place will take. We are planning on Dockside one day, Hamilton one day and St Georges for one day.

Our schedule for Bermuda:

Day 1: 1:00 till night

Day 2: All day

Day 3: Morning tillk 4:00

In your opinion, which places should we go to on what days. I hope I am making myself clear.

What and when are the excursions you have planned?

You are on the Carnival Splendor arriving in Bermuda on 4/18 and departing 4/20.

4/20 is a Saturday. On the weekends, buses and ferries run reduced schedules. So I would plan to stay in the Dockyard area or schedule a cruise ship excursion for that day.

SBtS

We were there for three days, too. Arrived 8am on day one and left at 5pm on day three.

In April the water will be pretty cold for swimming. IMHO:eek:

I am not sure what you already have planned.

This is what we did:

Day one—Hamilton—take the ferry over to save time. We walked around the areas along the water. [shops and restaurants] Then we climbed the hill to see Fort Hamilton and the government buildings. It was very interesting. [but, I like that kind of thing] We were in port all day so we stoped at a beach on the way back. You will not have time.

Day two—Went to St. Georges. This is the farthest away and will take the longest to see. There are many things in the town itself. It is a World Heritage site--also, there are several good places to snorkel nearby. [if you can brave the water temps] You can walk if able or take the mini buses. Then we took a bus around St David’s to the lighthouse [ free admission] to climb it and back to the ferry landing. It was a full day.

Day three we went to Horseshoe Bay beach. They have special express buses that round trip between the pier and this beach. We took the local bus back and stopped at the Gibbs lighthouse. Not too far to walk from the stop and a beautiful view. [a few $$ admission]

Archived