Cinque Terre advice-Livorno port

sugfrompa

We will be in Livorno for one day and have already visited Florence and Tuscany on previous trips. We are considering a private excursion to Cinque Terre. Is this worth a day visit? We are also going to the Amalfi Coast a few days later and wonder if it is too similar. We are looking for something fun for the Livorno port of call. Any advice on Cinque Terre or other ideas for this port are much appreciated. Thank you.

We did both Cinque Terre and the Amalfi Coast this past April. Each was unique and amazingly beautiful.I couldn't tell you which I enjoyed the most!

We did Cinque Terre as a cruise ship excursion. We went with them because I had always heard the best was to see Cinque Terre was to approach the towns by boat which is the way there tour was set up.WE went to three of the towns by boat and then returned to our bus via train,which was great.

We did the Amalfi Coast with Joe Banana Limo. WE have been on 20 cruises and mostly do DIY excursions. This one was way up at the top!The day was fantastic! Our guide was Sasha and you could easily tell he not only was knowledgable but totally loved what he does. We visited Pompeii,Sorento and Positano.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have-Kade

Thank you. That is exactly what we wanted to know. We are also going on the NCL Spirit next spring and I will take the ship excursion for Cinque Terre. We have arranged for the Amalfi coast with RomeinLimo, but I will look into your recommendation as well.

We took a private tour with Papillon, below is my review. We were on the NCL Spirit

Cingue Terra and Pisa:. We hired a private tour company, Papillion. Nicolette was our driver. We drove to the Portovenere where we had about 20 minutes to explore the town . Then she gave us the boat schedule for the different towns. We purchased ferry tickets for 16 Euros each. The Ferry was very crowded as there was a cruise ship in La Spezia which is very close to Portovenere . Romaggione, the lovers walk is stilled closed as of September 2013. Be quick to get off the boat as the captain does not linger…We missed the first stop as by the time we walked forward the captain had tossed off to the next town. It all worked well however since we spent more time in Vernazza. We climbed to the top of the Belforte Tower (1,50 Euro admission, worth the price and the climb for the incredible view). Being part time Hawaiian residents, we never leave for a warm inviting coast line without a bathing suit on or in our backpack, so we were prepared to surrender to the clear waters and jump right in.

Next we took the ferry to the last town, Monterosso. More swimming and lunch at Il Casello. What a beautiful setting and amazing view. We then travelled back thought the mountains to Pisa. We visited the square and climbed the tower. Our driver Nicollete brought both couples a package of be noting, a rather fat spaghetti with a hole in it at one end that we had fallen in love with at the previous ports. .

We will be in Livorno for one day and have already visited Florence and Tuscany on previous trips. We are considering a private excursion to Cinque Terre. Is this worth a day visit? We are also going to the Amalfi Coast a few days later and wonder if it is too similar. We are looking for something fun for the Livorno port of call. Any advice on Cinque Terre or other ideas for this port are much appreciated. Thank you.

I though the two were very different. This is my review of the entire cruise on the Spirit. You are going to have a great time!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914714

Archived