Taxi Mahogany Bay to West end beach

mirthu

Hi. West Bay beach and West End are two different places, not too far apart. The cheapest is the public mini bus to West End , then you need to water taxi, 3$ PP to West Bay..I really think you are almost better off doing a Bodden or Rony tour since a cab will cost you about as much. Your driver stays with you , and if you need to go elsewhere, no problema..

You can contact Bananarama. They have a day package that includes transportation from MBCC and return (at your time) plus use of their facilites which has a nice outdoor shower to wash off the salt and a welcoming drink. You can hire a small boat on the beach to head up to the west end and snorkel in less crowded areas, if there's a lot of traffic along the beach. They food there is okay but easy to walk along the beach to other places. I recommend trying Bite on the Beach up past Fosters and the water taxi pier or going up the BR drive to the road and eating at Celeste's.

You can contact Bananarama. They have a day package that includes transportation from MBCC and return (at your time) plus use of their facilites which has a nice outdoor shower to wash off the salt and a welcoming drink. You can hire a small boat on the beach to head up to the west end and snorkel in less crowded areas, if there's a lot of traffic along the beach. They food there is okay but easy to walk along the beach to other places. I recommend trying Bite on the Beach up past Fosters and the water taxi pier or going up the BR drive to the road and eating at Celeste's.

Thank you, We will check all this option.

We did this in January except we booked they island marketing (you don't have to pay in full up front with them). We got picked up and taken to the beach and got to,leave when we wanted.

Hi. West Bay beach and West End are two different places, not too far apart. The cheapest is the public mini bus to West End , then you need to water taxi, 3$ PP to West Bay..I really think you are almost better off doing a Bodden or Rony tour since a cab will cost you about as much. Your driver stays with you , and if you need to go elsewhere, no problema..

Just wanted to clarify here on the public mini bus. While this is an option out of Coxen Hole, and there is a mini bus over to West End via transfer in Coxen Hole, this is not a good option out of Mahogany Bay. First, it's about a mile walk to the minibus stop out of the cruise port. Then these don't necessarily run on set schedules though they do run somewhat frequently. They are for locals and will make a number of stops. I think you need lempers to pay. Coming back you have to stop each bus and ask if it's going to Coxen Hole. Some will be heading from West End to West Bay. Once in Coxen Hole you'll need to have the driver point you to the main road and find the stop and catch a bus heading east to French Harbor and look for the cruise port and ask to get off there. Doing a mini bus might be a cheap way to go but you'll add at least a couple of hours to you transportation time if not more.

My family was in Roatan last week on the Carnival Dream. We booked a private tour with Rony so we could go where and when we pleased. We got Tia and Miguel to take us to West Bay Beach where we rented beach chairs from the Paradise Beach Hotel restaurant. We swam and snorkeled for a few hours, then went to the Cameo Factory and toured the island until time to return to Mahogany Bay. Tia was very knowledgeable and informative.

Tia and Miguel were with us all day and they helped us with anything we needed. $25.00 pp was a good price for a worry-free day on Roatan.:)

We are big fans of Rony. We've used him many times. Great service every time. Just my opinion - but freestyle tour(private driver) is the way to go. I love to stop for photos when I see something interesting. It's nice to be able to adjust your plans as you go. You will have a great day with Rony - no doubt!