Brown Water on Millennium

dbsb3233

I posted this in the thread for our specific cruise too but thought it worthwhile to post in the main Celebrity forum as well.

Just got off a 13-day cruise from Hong Kong to Shanghai on Millennium. We were in one of the new OV cabins with the big window (3138). Many mornings when we ran hot water in the sink, it came out a brown/yellow color. Rust, I would guess. Happened probably half of the mornings on the ship. I told the front desk about it, and they said "It's safe, just run water through and it should clear up".

We did, and it did clear up after 4-5 minutes of running the hot water full on in the sink (the cold water was fine). But it returned about every other day. We just got in the habit of running hot water in the sink every morning before using it.

A one-time occurrence I could maybe see. But every other day is pretty bad. Here's a couple of pics I snapped with my phone one morning...

2014-04-26060124_zps98be61c9.jpg

2014-04-26060137_zpsdbef7308.jpg

WOW....amazing pics. If this was a continuous issue, I would have asked for head of housekeeping to check. On second thought, maybe you could forward these pictures to Celebrity directly?

Andy, what do you think?

You were very patient if you dealt with this so often. Gosh!

We have had dark water on MANY cruises.

On the Infinity back in 2007 we had dark water for 10 days.

They claimed it was because we went from cold Alaska water to warm Panama canal water.

They finally fixed it after I took some pictures and threated to put them on the internet:(

We had dark water for hours one day on the Connie a couple of weeks ago. First it was dark for hours and then cool for hours. I think the hot water heater must have rusted out and been replaced in that case.

Bottom line - it is VERY common.

I had the same on Infinity years ago. It was put down to a carbon filter in the water system breaking down and contaminating it. It was so bad at one point that we were given a different cabin to shower in!

I had the same on Infinity years ago. It was put down to a carbon filter in the water system breaking down and contaminating it. It was so bad at one point that we were given a different cabin to shower in!

Between the brown water on the Millie and the non-potable water in our Beijing and Shanghai hotels, it was sure nice to get home and take a nice long shower with clean water for a change. :o

We were served brown water a few times in AQ. I think they call it herbal tea, when I poured it or the remaining coffee in my cup into the sink it looked like that.

Kind of sad that it came out of the pipes. Something must have happened to the filters. Many times it comes from the sediment in the boilers or pipes and that is why it is not recommended to use hot water from a tap.

🌅🚢🇺🇸🌊