Beach Day: Horseshoe Bay vs. Coco Reef Resort Pass

garnet115

My 10 yo dd loves the beach and really wants to see the pink sand beaches when we are in Bermuda. I hate crowds. Trying to decide where to do our "beach day" - Coco Reef or Horseshoe Bay. I am really torn on this. Any pros or cons of choosing one option over the other?

Thanks.

Hi,

Coco Reef will give you that "all inclusive" feel... I think it is a good value ( and I think free for your girl, except for the lunch ). Some have reported that the access to the actual beach is not as easy as pie...you have to climb down on some rocks to access it...some say it's nothing...

Horseshoe will offer all the rentals and amenities you want but will be crowded...it's crowded NEAR the entrance of the beach where the rentals are, shower, washroom, bar, etc...if you walk just a little further you will have an almost deserted beach.

There is a path that links 5 beaches from Horseshoe, maybe you would like to use that and find your own private spot...but no rentals or amenities. Only Horseshoe and Warwick, on this path, will offer rentals.

You might want to look-up Black Bay beach, smaller, more private, rentals, inflatables, food and a "porta-potty".

Whatever you choose, Bermuda water is great !!!

Have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for all of the information. Do you happen to know if Black Bay Beach has a lifeguard? dd is a strong swimmer, but I will have greater peace of mind if there is a lifeguard wherever we go.

Thanks again for the tips.

I forgot the access,

Horseshoe is 7$ per person each way on the shuttle. Or 4$ by bus ( but you have to walk down the road to the entrance of the beach...and back up when you leave ) Taxi will be about 35$ each way.

Coco Reef is about 42$ each way by taxi, still 4$ for the bus BUT a much longer walk to reach it. Most people use the ferry to Hamilton 4$ and taxi to Coco Reef 10$, but they drop you at the door...

Black Bay is very close to the Dockyard, there is even a little train that departs from the Dockyard that brings you almost to the entrance of the beach about 10 minutes later...

Thanks for all of the information. Do you happen to know if Black Bay Beach has a lifeguard? dd is a strong swimmer, but I will have greater peace of mind if there is a lifeguard wherever we go.

Thanks again for the tips.

I am not aware of a lifeguard there...they have a website and a page on facebook, have a look there or ask them on Facebook, they will get back to you shortly.

I am not aware of a lifeguard there...they have a website and a page on facebook, have a look there or ask them on Facebook, they will get back to you shortly.

Thanks. I didn't see anything about a lifeguard on their pages. I also appreciate all of the cost/access info you provided.

There are no lifeguards at Coco Reef. There are also a lot of rocks on their beach, you would have to walk over to Elbow Beach (only a few yards away) to be able to swim in the water.

I love Coco Reef, but it is more for adults. Horseshoe has a nice little cove to the right, where you can walk in the water and normally see lots of fish. I think it's a much nicer beach for kids.

I've just been reading about Daniels Beach, it's close to the ship, and it sounds really nice. It might be an option for you. I'm planning to try it when I'm in Bermuda in October.

After coming down the hill to Horseshoe which way should we walk on the beach to find the oath that connects the other beaches? We have given ourselves a whole day to explore and swim that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After coming down the hill to Horseshoe which way should we walk on the beach to find the oath that connects the other beaches? We have given ourselves a whole day to explore and swim that area.

You must walk to the left to the other end of the beach.

You must walk to the left to the other end of the beach.

I'm wondering if we should start our day at Warwick and walk back towards horseshoe (will the bus drop us off at Warwick). I'm thinking ahead to food and beverages etc

Hi,

Once on the beach go to the far left.

On this picture ( on the bottom left ) you can see the far left of Horseshoe and the path to the other beaches. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28514684&postcount=2

Have fun !

I'm wondering if we should start our day at Warwick and walk back towards horseshoe (will the bus drop us off at Warwick). I'm thinking ahead to food and beverages etc

Hi,

Elbow beach has facilities,

Warwick has a food truck with rentals,

Horseshoe has all the amenities,

So walking one way or the other you will end-up getting food and rentals.

I could suggest starting at Horseshoe if you want to spend the 7$ for the shuttle ( it brings you down the hill at the beach entrance ) and walking along the path.

Hi,

Elbow beach has facilities,

Warwick has a food truck with rentals,

Horseshoe has all the amenities,

So walking one way or the other you will end-up getting food and rentals.

I could suggest starting at Horseshoe if you want to spend the 7$ for the shuttle ( it brings you down the hill at the beach entrance ) and walking along the path.

Elbow Beach is not along the path.

Elbow Beach is not along the path.

Obviously, like on the picture I posted 3 replies ago...

Maybe I should have inserted a few spaces between the complementary info about Elbow Beach and the rest of the post...

Obviously, like on the picture I posted 3 replies ago...

Maybe I should have inserted a few spaces between the complementary info about Elbow Beach and the rest of the post...

Well, since this person was asking about the walk between Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay, mentioning Elbow Beach can be confusing for someone who may not have been there before. Not sure why you had to throw Elbow Beach into the mix even if it was complimentary.

Well, since this person was asking about the walk between Warwick Long Bay and Horseshoe Bay, mentioning Elbow Beach can be confusing for someone who may not have been there before. Not sure why you had to throw Elbow Beach into the mix even if it was complimentary.

Maybe because the thread is named "Beach Day: Horseshoe Bay vs. Coco Reef Resort Pass"

If the poster came onto this thread maybe Coco Reef ( Elbow Beach ) is of interest...

I still think the picture is pretty self explanatory.

But I'll try to be less confusing...

Maybe because the thread is named "Beach Day: Horseshoe Bay vs. Coco Reef Resort Pass"

If the poster came onto this thread maybe Coco Reef ( Elbow Beach ) is of interest...

I still think the picture is pretty self explanatory.

But I'll try to be less confusing...

From here on out, I'll bow to your expertise.