NCL June-July promo

tvguy72

Wish they would bring back the free gratuities; that enticed me to book 2 cruises. Hopefully, it will come back in the future.

We booked 2 earlier and glad we did as well!!! :)

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

The friends/family sail free is killing me.

I was looking at a cruise & the pcc said that the 3rd person free goes away after this weekend. I was trying to figure out if he's giving me a line because he just wants me to book today

I was looking at a cruise & the pcc said that the 3rd person free goes away after this weekend. I was trying to figure out if he's giving me a line because he just wants me to book today

According to intelligence on other threads, KSF or whatever they are calling it now is continuing through July. However, it will only apply to "select" sailings, which may or may not include yours.

I was just on the phone with NCL with questions about the friends and family discount.I told her how much we enjoyed the UBP on our cruise two weeks ago and she told me "you might want to wait till June 1st to book then,because it's coming back", although the family and friends will no longer be available and rates may be higher.

I try to only book during the KSF F&F deals and have managed to get some awesome deals in the past.

I have been dragging my feet this time and the booking I was looking to book went from KSF to 50% off and now I'm really kicking myself. :(

When they say it's now going to "select sailings" I'm taking it as meaning they will only have certain ones to pick from and I should probably make up my mind asap. :p

It appears like at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions that if you select the UDP or UBP you are responsible for paying the gratuities; see the chart at the bottom of the T&C:

Grid below reflects the gratuities guest is responsible for based on number of cruise nights.

When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to the dining, beverage and soda packages are included.

pricegrid615.jpg.bd1854fea759e45610bdcd13b7a4d134.jpg

Edited by 14ersco

It appears like at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions that if you select the UDP or UBP you are responsible for paying the gratuities; see the chart at the bottom of the T&C:

Grid below reflects the gratuities guest is responsible for based on number of cruise nights.

When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to the dining, beverage and soda packages are included.

What a mess! We have two future cruises booked with the UBP, inclusive of gratuities. Will be interesting to see how NCL tracks those *with grats included* under the old promo and those who have *grats added*.

What a mess! We have two future cruises booked with the UBP, inclusive of gratuities. Will be interesting to see how NCL tracks those *with grats included* under the old promo and those who have *grats added*.

We too have the same situation for our next 2 cruises! ;) Pretty sure it will all work out! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I too have the UBP with the gratuities included. I just re-read the new terms and conditions for the upcoming promo, and it seems to me that the 18% gratuity will be automatically added when the promo is picked at time of booking (ie "prior to cruise"). That would make the most sense to me. If you booked with gratuities included, there was no extra charge to your booking... If you book with the new promo, it will be automatically entered at time of booking.... At least, I hope this is what it is....

Booking Window: 6/1/15 - 7/31/15 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3-16 day sailings

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise.

I wish they weren't charging for gratuities - although I understand it, I am probably going to have to book with another cruiseline - there are a lot of other promos for other lines that offer free beverage package WITH gratuities paid for, PLUS normal gratuities paid for on top of that.

I thought I could justify the high 7 day prices for Nov with a free beverage package, but adding an additional 160 some dollars onto that really just pushes it for me.

:(

Keep in mind the allotted space for KSF or 3/4SF promo is dwindling down. What was in inventory in March when the promo dropped, is practically gone. You're seeing the leftover crumbs of the original promo.

Neil Peart is a god!