NCL ESCAPE - Review of Preview Cruise, LOADS of ship and stateroom photos

Miaminice

On October 22nd, 2015, the Norwegian Escape, the largest cruise ship ever built in a German shipyard, was handed over to its owner, Norwegian Cruise Line in Hamburg, Germany. Thanks to a friend, I had the privilege of exploring this brand new ship on a short test cruise for press and travel agents only.

While we were approaching the port of Hamburg Steinwerder, it was already obvious that with a length of 326 m (1070 ft) and a width of 41 m (135 ft), the Escape had used the capacity of the Meyer Shipyard in Papenburg to the last inch. This ship is huge. The hull painting, a NCL signature feature, looks very consistent on the white bow, and the colorfully illustrated sea creatures hint at the Escape’s future deployment in the Caribbean with Miami as her home port.

More about the short cruise and loads of photos of the entire ship and all stateroom categories on our personal homepage: http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Ships/NCL-Escape/ncl-escape.html

u95a2731eQyQXgzwmnCwbth0caiZ0L5lov37vH5Ogs0dwzCwpSS7wA0j5EwLlD6-HOANf7a6lA2NSCRIiAEfgZYJeFW-OHtK8vXrJoUJABf4OCjkI9uyBU8qCkoIFqK19yA1NYc5U9bEvHlxbBj9C1k9ok7dA6hmAU1IVdimQQmUEtfFB2xHaBQQhI5Yo5FyMlDqJBX4W87suYLq6xrzwesuMuaXlCgyc8g2DNNZW-2XOWj6aHjVXhVH1t8F8AXzjxz8x3itx7Bywb_nRPt2aiFDl5RgCDt0Je6m5fo_nl_r7f2iS6blCnEGEtMe8OgTvhwo6XtnAfZr7k-O9_ZuT4iHzU2obAOedsdKn-2N6E_46zxFjDXHA31tvOmLVsX5mZNSYEPTJfayPLpom_WWLhcULH_mdDYBnzC2-AI2h6agPx1ISnlMvWNJZaGb7AbNeXpkMthjE3K0D2W7RO-ywA1d2ssJYpxJ9_5PfUhBkLUGw31G4B_MI_qQ8EYrRrOP0JAxOgBBGgOW7MArgvk3tgIETJcY1R8JqpUGy-K1NE7O=w1084-h813-no

Edited by Miaminice

I always love how these articles are ALWAYS wrong. "Norwegian Escape, the largest cruise ship ever built in a German shipyard" RCI's Quantum class is larger.

Do they ever fact check?

I am glad there are always people who know better and show me my mistakes ;-)

FYI, it is not article, it is a post written by me...

In fact you are half right - judging by dimensions, Quantum is sligtly larger (164.000 vs. 168.000). However, going by no. of passengers, Escape is larger.

Since the tonnage count has been reformed a few year ago, it is a debated number, since there are different ways to measure. Because of this most articles, papers shipyards etc. go by passenger number.

To make that more clear, I will rephrase that point on our website.

That beeing said, I still hope, besides the critcism, you enjoyed seeing the photos.

Edited by Miaminice

your picture gallery/tour is currently the best available for the Escape. Thanks.

Although...no one has managed to take a picture of the Humidor yet.....

Thank you for the compliment!

Here´s some serious "competition" though ;-)

Well, it´s not really competition but rather the website of a cruise journalist who I highly respect. He, of course, was also on the Premiere Cruise.

http://www.cruisetricks.de/bilder/Norwegian-Escape/

Well, the link should get you to to an overview with icons for pictures of bars, pools, restaurants, staterooms and so on...

and there´s photos of the Humidor in his gallery :-)

I sorted the pictures on our gallery by decks rather than category.

Edited by Miaminice

I always love how these articles are ALWAYS wrong. "Norwegian Escape, the largest cruise ship ever built in a German shipyard" RCI's Quantum class is larger.

Do they ever fact check?

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

- Benjamin Franklin

Golifin55, instead of criticizing, why don't you thank the Miaminice for all the time and effort he/she put forth with the review and photos? By the way, how did the crow taste?

Miaminice, thanks for the great information and photos! I'm looking forward to my first NCL cruise in February.

@ SmoothCruising

Thank you for your kind words.

I am not too bothered by comments like that. Just as there´ll always be a complainer on the best cruise , there will always be people here seeing the half empty glass... ;-)

I am glad most users enjoyed the ships tour! We´d be delighted if some also found our cruise reviews on our website and enjoyed them.

Have a great weekend!

Oliver

Edited by Miaminice