Elation Fun Times

Saint Greg

Thank you for posting these! I haven't ever cruised on the Elation before, but will be taking some first time cruisers on it in November (this year). I wanted to get a little more familiar with the locations of some of the activities so I can be of more assistance to them when we get on-board. Luckily, this ship layout is very similar to several other Carnival ships, so it won't be entirely different for me.

We are booked in ocean view cabins on the Empress deck. I haven't seen any recent reviews/comments about the state of the rooms and the general state of the Elation. Can you tell me how the ship looks? Is it looking worn out or has it been updated/refreshed in recent years? That's always a concern to me! I also saw some rather old reviews about the ocean view rooms and it seems like those rooms are TINY. Some said they had to climb on the bed to see out the window. If you can comment on that, it would be GREAT!!

Thanks!

Thank you for posting these! I haven't ever cruised on the Elation before, but will be taking some first time cruisers on it in November (this year). I wanted to get a little more familiar with the locations of some of the activities so I can be of more assistance to them when we get on-board. Luckily, this ship layout is very similar to several other Carnival ships, so it won't be entirely different for me.

We are booked in ocean view cabins on the Empress deck. I haven't seen any recent reviews/comments about the state of the rooms and the general state of the Elation. Can you tell me how the ship looks? Is it looking worn out or has it been updated/refreshed in recent years? That's always a concern to me! I also saw some rather old reviews about the ocean view rooms and it seems like those rooms are TINY. Some said they had to climb on the bed to see out the window. If you can comment on that, it would be GREAT!!

Thanks!

I've only sailed on Elation so I have nothing to compare it to other than pictures I've seen. I would say it's older looking. I've been in porthole, oceanview, and interior rooms and I felt they were all about the same size. In oceanview I had to climb on the bed to get to the window. I'll post you some pics of my rooms.

Thanks!

Empress interior

aed879f9999f081d6acd1d2078a0adda.jpg

1d424a5579905acb3ebe94f280234f4e.jpg

d27d6952d697dea8946a79a54a485fdd.jpg

71e5b999386cdab3fcad5441ec01a6a2.jpg

45f88b7a14220e542524b82f47687bb8.jpg

68b34ea5ac0c9782bd6c35eb41713ef3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Riviera Porthole

4b18a71999a649a58257b4247e291fb2.jpg

cc4da4de3ed34277fda007606a3c19a0.jpg

91a29edd6732d67e9cea7033d2adbb31.jpg

a4af5cd890aebca4f5ba154a8f079de6.jpg

0d6d49f574ce626a523f462b76c97a38.jpg5b807a4d043156183c4d30e446450043.jpg

Thanks!

Upper Oceanview

2bb93bce9d0e1e2689514518f11b9b43.jpg

43e95c65f85654b7df329cd891c576c6.jpg

9bfba303c04f95716b99fcf03356dc26.jpg

f99d3e7cd1c11a39752f84f6fd11f4c9.jpg

2971841e306e74b1e6eeedd8ac0009ce.jpg

3d07b31e62eecbd98572b511f1f5b0ee.jpg

Thank you so much for posting your room photos. It looks like we'll be disappointed! :( Those are pretty small rooms. The cruise lines photos of their cabins are kinda deceiving. Oh well, we always have a good time, so we'll just find other things to do other than hang out in our room I guess. We've been fairly spoiled in the other ships. We always book a balcony room, but the Elation doesn't have that category. The suites are just out of our price range. Maybe the upgrade fairy will give me a call! ;)

Thanks again for your post and photos!!!

Thank you so much for posting your room photos. It looks like we'll be disappointed! :( Those are pretty small rooms. The cruise lines photos of their cabins are kinda deceiving. Oh well, we always have a good time, so we'll just find other things to do other than hang out in our room I guess. We've been fairly spoiled in the other ships. We always book a balcony room, but the Elation doesn't have that category. The suites are just out of our price range. Maybe the upgrade fairy will give me a call! ;)

Thanks again for your post and photos!!!

Out of the three types I think I liked interior the best because I could get it really dark in there for naps. If I wasn't sleeping I didn't spend much time in the room anyway. A balcony room may be a different story though. I may try one on Triumph.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 1 year later...