Norwegian Star Review - Mexican Riviera

Cuizer2

Below is a link to a review I did for my Mexican Riviera cruise Oct 8 - 16. The review is very long (exceeds 20 single-spaced typed pages). I have received some very positive feed back (thank you to those of you who found it useful enough to write to me). So, here it is ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Very well written review!

We will be on the Sun out of Houston in December (our first NCL cruise) and we are reading all there is written about the NCL ships.

Thank you again for taking the time and sharing your insights, they are very appreciated.

Below is a link to a review I did for my Mexican Riviera cruise Oct 8 - 16. The review is very long (exceeds 20 single-spaced typed pages). I have received some very positive feed back (thank you to those of you who found it useful enough to write to me). So, here it is ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Cuizer2

I'm wondering now about Puerto Vallarta. I've been there twice, but I still have a tour booked. It looks like it's 4 ships in port that day.

On your cruise it was only 3. So do you think I should make PV a stay on the ship day, or keep my excursion.

The Star is last in 9/5 and first out.

Hal Ryndam 7/6

Hal Oosterdam 8/10

Carnival Pride 8/10

Ncl Star 9/5

What do your think?

Cuizer2

I'm wondering now about Puerto Vallarta. I've been there twice, but I still have a tour booked. It looks like it's 4 ships in port that day.

On your cruise it was only 3. So do you think I should make PV a stay on the ship day, or keep my excursion.

Hal Ryndam 7/6

Hal Oosterdam 8/10

Carnival Pride 8/10

Ncl Star 9/5

What do your think?

I don't believe the quality of the tours is affected that much by the number of ships in port. If 120 people take a tour and there are 3 buses with 40 each or if 400 people take the tour and there are 10 buses with 40 each, you are still on a bus with 39 other people. Okay, maybe there are a few more people at the location, but I don't think that makes a big difference in the overall tour experience.

In the case of a tour, I believe the tour guide is more important. In Puerto Vallarta I had a great tour guide.

Of course, staying on the ship in any port has its advantages. Most of the poeple are off the ship, so it is less crowded.

If I were you, and I was interested in the tour, I would go on the tour. On the other hand, if there is something special you want to do on the ship, then that would be a good day to do it.

I don't believe the quality of the tours is affected that much by the number of ships in port. If 120 people take a tour and there are 3 buses with 40 each or if 400 people take the tour and there are 10 buses with 40 each, you are still on a bus with 39 other people. Okay, maybe there are a few more people at the location, but I don't think that makes a big difference in the overall tour experience.

In the case of a tour, I believe the tour guide is more important. In Puerto Vallarta I had a great tour guide.

Of course, staying on the ship in any port has its advantages. Most of the poeple are off the ship, so it is less crowded.

If I were you, and I was interested in the tour, I would go on the tour. On the other hand, if there is something special you want to do on the ship, then that would be a good day to do it.

Well it's settled then, I won't cancel it. I'm taking the Mexican Cooking Lessions & City Highlights.

You can't know, how helpful your review was for me.

I'm cruising solo also. Freestyle, here I come.

Thanks again

Cuizer2

Hal Ryndam 7/6

Hal Oosterdam 8/10

Carnival Pride 8/10

Ncl Star 9/5

What do your think?

SQ,

How do you know that there are 4 ships in port the day we are there ? If so, than I bet we have to do the tender thing as did Cruizer2 did.

Mark

SQ,

How do you know that there are 4 ships in port the day we are there ? If so, than I bet we have to do the tender thing as did Cruizer2 did.

Mark

I went to to an online cruise site, and checked out what ships were sailing our weekend.

Did it just like I was booking a cruise.

Since we are last in, probably tender for us.

Below is a link to a review I did for my Mexican Riviera cruise Oct 8 - 16.

Thanks so much for this long review, Cuizer2! Not only did I read it with great interest, I sent the link to my sister -- who has never been on a cruise -- in an attempt to get her interested enough that she'd go with me on a cruise someday. She also believes in writing very long trip reports, and she sent alog her thanks, also, for such a thorough review. I think with your help I may get her on a ship someday...and then we'll probably never get her off!

I'm going to be on the 11/25 sailing of this itinerary, and I feel a bit more prepared now. Thanks again!

Amy

SQ,

Mark

Mark - this is the site where you can see what other ships are in port the same day as you. Simply enter your ship, the dates of your cruise, and check the 'other ships in port' box. Luckily for us it looks like our Star cruise on Feb 13th will have no companions so less crowding!

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx

Who offers Mexican cooking lessons? The ship or somewhere in port? We;re sailing 11/1/ on the Star.

Thanks, Ellen

kib c

Well it's settled then, I won't cancel it. I'm taking the Mexican Cooking Lessions & City Highlights.

You can't know, how helpful your review was for me.

I'm cruising solo also. Freestyle, here I come.

Thanks again

Elwinnie: The Mexican cooking lessons & city highlights is a 4 hour excursion in Puerto Vallarta. It says that space is limited so you may want to call and see if you can get it booked. Have fun! You are going the week before me!! :)

NCL Star 11/9/05

event.png

Archived