On Board Booking Benefits

Janet-

We are considering a Regent cruise and are shortly on board Insignia.

Can we book Regent on board Oceania?

You have to be on Regent to book a future Regent cruise and on Oceania to book a future Oceania cruise in order to get the "onboard booking savings" as far as I know. The discount is generally a few hundred dollars a person so not that much. It's better to book with a travel agent who gives better discount pricing.

You can take advantage of BOTH the special offer onboard and what is offered by a good travel agent. If you do an onboard booking, you can ask to have the booking released from the agent you booked your current cruise on (otherwise Oceania automatically assigns the booking to whomever you booked your current cruise with.) Now you have 30 days to move that booking from Oceania to the travel agent of your choice. You can "shop" the booking to multiple agents seeing what perks they offer you, or of course just head back to your usual agent. This way, though, you have the booking in your own hands and they have a reason to woo your business with the offer of some perks as it isn't automatically given to them.

Regent and Oceania are competing cruise lines, but they are both owned by NCL, so I would not dismiss the possibility until you're onboard and ask. I do know that one can book Celebrity sailings onboard Royal Caribbean and Royal Caribbean onboard Celebrity, and receive all the benefits of onboard booking. Neil

Regent and Oceania are competing cruise lines, but they are both owned by NCL, so I would not dismiss the possibility until you're onboard and ask. I do know that one can book Celebrity sailings onboard Royal Caribbean and Royal Caribbean onboard Celebrity, and receive all the benefits of onboard booking. Neil

Good luck...I have never heard or seen it in 8 cruise...it a O or NO... it would be self defeating to book another line. All the lines you mentioned are same-o-same mass market ... Your dealing with the Luxury market O and Regent are tiers in the market and not competing . each has their niche.

The only advantage is picking a cabin, paying 1/2 the deposit, and getting a $100 on board OBC...it all can be transferred to your agent even on the ship ....