Where to stay in Miami ????

We are arriving the day before & i really want to enjoy Miami for the day. We want to go to the beach & maybe explore South Beach as i have never been there. I'm going dizzy with all the options & the hotels are so, so expensive i'm not sure if i should try priceline. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We are arriving the day before & i really want to enjoy Miami for the day. We want to go to the beach & maybe explore South Beach as i have never been there. I'm going dizzy with all the options & the hotels are so, so expensive i'm not sure if i should try priceline. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just choose a hotel you like and use Uber. We had never used Uber before going to Miami in May. We stayed at the Intercontinental on IHG points but there are many hotels right around the Bayside Marketplace area that were less pricey.

Uber from our hotel to South Beach was $10, and back to Bayside Marketplace was $8. We even Ubered from the airport in, and that was cheaper than a taxi. If someone refers you to Uber, you get $15 of credit on your first ride, so our airport to hotel trip was a net $5.

Just choose a hotel you like and use Uber. We had never used Uber before going to Miami in May. We stayed at the Intercontinental on IHG points but there are many hotels right around the Bayside Marketplace area that were less pricey.

Uber from our hotel to South Beach was $10, and back to Bayside Marketplace was $8. We even Ubered from the airport in, and that was cheaper than a taxi. If someone refers you to Uber, you get $15 of credit on your first ride, so our airport to hotel trip was a net $5.

Thanks! Yes i have a uber account. Not sure how to use it as airport but will figure it out :) Thing is we want to go to the beach. I'm thinking of the Betsy Hotel, maybe i'll just book it.

Thanks! Yes i have a uber account. Not sure how to use it as airport but will figure it out :) Thing is we want to go to the beach. I'm thinking of the Betsy Hotel, maybe i'll just book it.

At the airport it's just like anywhere else, you put in your destination and the black ants pop up on the screen (cars). It tells you which door to go to and they show up at the middle island. I was surprised how easy it was.

South Beach was a must for us.

If you want the beach then focus on South Beach hotels, not downtown. :cool: Betsy appears to be very nice; looks like you are cruising in October when prices should be reasonable (compared to Jan-March). The Airport Flyer bus can get you from MIA to SB for about $3 each - Uber will be closer to $20. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are going in Oct & i was focusing on South Beach. I had wanted to stay at W South Beach but its around $350 with taxes & resort fees. I'm looking under $300. I was concerned about the Betsy since i usually prefer big hotels but we will give it a try! The location sounds perfect & we will have alot of luggage so I'll be def using Uber.

Was this at arrivals or departures?

At the airport it's just like anywhere else, you put in your destination and the black ants pop up on the screen (cars). It tells you which door to go to and they show up at the middle island. I was surprised how easy it was.

South Beach was a must for us.