Shore Excursion Credit NON-REFUNDABLE

casofilia

When booking a cruise through the Sydney Office I wanted to book the Shore Excursions, for a total of 6 cruises 5 of which were booked while on the Jewel and those cruises were transferred from Miami to Sydney, myself using Skype to call the NCL Shore Excursions desk in Arizona through their Toll Free 18666251167 number. I wanted to do this to ensure that I would not have to pay for them till on board and that the Shore Excursion $50 Credit could be used to offset the actual shorex costs.

The person in the Sydney Office said that she could do that for me so I gave her the Shore Excursions I wanted. Then the fun started!!!!! When I received the Cruise Confirmation details there were the Shore Excursion costs built into the Cruise cost to be paid at Final Payment. There have been countless emails trying to sort it out but Sydney were not able to move the Shore Excursions to the "pay on board" scenario.

In NZ I can phone the NCL Shorex desk in Arizona using the Toll Free number above and, over the last 2 days, have done so and have been able to change them all from the "Final Payment" scenario to the "pay on board" scenario. If you have the Shore Excursion $50 Credit and are NOT in the area where you can use the Toll Free number above you can do it free using SKYPE

It is well known that if you want to book Shore Excursions to use the Shore Excursion $50 Credit that you MUST NOT do it online but through the toll free number above. It is probably not so well known, in the Sydney office at least, that NCL offices cannot book Shore Excursions by the "pay on board" method; they didn't but they do now!!! Do NOT let any NCL office say they will book your Shore Excursions for you if you have the Shore Excursion $50 Credit as you will have to pay the costs at Final Payment; very similar to booking through the website online.

I also got into a long discussion about the refundability of the $50. It seems my reading of the situation in the past has been correct. If you book through the Toll Free number or when on-board then you can use the refund to mitigate the costs of the shorex. BUT, and it is a big BUT that Sydney says is being enforced, if you have paid for the Shore Excursions either through the website online or through an NCL office then the $50 will be credited to your folio after you have done the shorex AND it has to be spent as it is NON-REFUNDABLE.

That has been discussed "ad infinitum" and I believe people have had it refunded but NCL have insisted to Sydney, and presumably to all offices, that it is Non-Refundable.

I have been trying to find the actual T&Cs for the Shore Excursion $50 Credit as the ones I were sent from the Sydney office are blurred. However the second line states "Credit has no monetary value and is "nonrefundable" .

Caveat Emptor.

Mike