Room Service

picklebongo

When I was in this particular situation I did not tip the second person. I guess as a rule they should insure that the same person return to the cabin, but again that person could be off serving someone else and the wait would be that much longer. But I do see your point that it's not fair to stiff the second person when they didn't make the mistake, but after generously tipping the first person, giving more money for a carton of milk for cereal just didn't seem right. One time they even forgot to give us silverware.

Was the forgotten item ordered??

On carnival room service you will have to remember to order all condiments that go with everything..

want milk with the cereal

butter/cream cheese to go with the bageL?

cream AND sugar for coffee??

mayo or mustard for a sandwich.

Make sure everything is ordered...

(learned that last cruise when we only ordered a pot of coffee.. thats what we got== nothing else.

The items forgotten have been ones that the staff forgot, not ones we forgot to order, such as the milk. When ordering cereral though, I don't specify bringing silverware, I just assume this is something that should be delivered with the meal. Correct?

And the flip side of the coin:

I cruise solo. I order a carafe of BLACK coffee, and tell them no cream or sugar. I have always seen lots of cream and sugar on the tray.

I order ONE croissant or Danish. Yep, always two.

I order a roast beef & brie on baguette, no sides, no chips, no potato salad. I always get chips.

Sometimes, I think it's the language barrier, although it's probably because they have so many orders and they write everything down very fast.

Sometimes, I think it's the language barrier, although it's probably because they have so many orders and they write everything down very fast.

thats because you are sooo special. Curious question-- are you like super skinny and they thought maybe you needed an extra meal??

I think an extra dollar to the second server would be called for. I mean it's true you did not receive the order correctly (although I've had that happen with room service in lots of hotels as well- so it's not just a Carnival problem- not saying OP said that I'm just making an additional point) but one extra dollar is hardly a big deal. If I consistently had problems on board that really bothered me I would take it up with the appropiate manager or the purser's desk. Although I might not get satisfaction by complaining I at least won't have cost someone part of their earnings. As well, if I were to consistently have problems with Carnival, of the type that bothered me enough to complain about, I would start looking at other lines for cruising.

Ive only rec'd the wrong/missing items once and that was on my last cruise on the Glory.The room service attendant would not take a tip the first trip and said he would be right back with the correct items and he was!I gave him the 2 dollars I had originally planned and plus one dollar more.Hope that was right but now wondering that was cheap and should have gone ahead and given him 4 doolars. Oh well!

Hope that was right but now wondering that was cheap and should have gone ahead and given him 4 doolars. Oh well!

No, that was just fine. (Just think - your cabin steward gets only $3.50 a day for a full day's work for you.)

Archived