tubing & champagne reef snorkeling???

LadyBerard

We are scheduled to be in Dominica from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on our cruise on Princess Sun. We have booked, with Princess, the 11 a.m. riving tubing. Is there enough time for us to do the snorkeling at champagne reef too? What is the best way to get there? Taxi....or by boat? And what are the prices of each? There will be four of us. Is it possible to rent the snorkel gear at the champagne reef or do we need to bring our own? Has anyone out there done both in the same day??

We are scheduled to be in Dominica from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on our cruise on Princess Sun. We have booked, with Princess, the 11 a.m. riving tubing. Is there enough time for us to do the snorkeling at champagne reef too? What is the best way to get there? Taxi....or by boat? And what are the prices of each? There will be four of us. Is it possible to rent the snorkel gear at the champagne reef or do we need to bring our own? Has anyone out there done both in the same day??

We just got back from the Carnival Destiny, and looked at the tubing and champagne as a combo. Dive Dominica has the contract w/Carnival, and I'd bet with Princess, too. It's a 2 minute walk from the pier to the Dive Dominica boat, and probably 30 mins to the snorkle site. My guess is that since Carnival's excursion left at 1:45 pm, so would Princess. No earlier xcursion. I didn't see a road next to the champagne snorkle, but I'm sure there was one--you could still see the ship from the site. Also saw people along the rocks near the snorkle site, but it definitely is MUCH e-zier from the boat. Too many rocks. They give you plenty of time to snorkle. The river tubing left in the a.m. I think it would be cutting it close if you did both--Dive Dominica had 2 boats to take people--they only used 1. I'd call and ask Princess what's the best thing to take or if you could do both. The boat has snorkle equip on the boat, along with a float vest that you HAVE to wear--insurance reasons...

• 1 month later...

the snorkeling in Dominica is awesome !!! if you can, bring your own gear ... i know it is extra luggage but at least you knnow it works and it's only been in your mouth ! i have never taken a boat only a cab ... we did Emerald falls, trafalgar and botanical gardens in the am and snorleling in the am ... on our own .. JUST got back to the ship but a memory for a lifetime

The other cruiser is right. The snorkeling there is very good. Big barrel sponges, fish, and the champagne bubbles which are not to be missed. Its a unique spot and the water is very clear. I got there by taxi and found the beach boulders to be harder to walk on that I had expected. The reef seemed to be a few miles from the ship on a Godawful road but didn't take long to get there. I did a combo trip with Reynold where we toured the island first (VERY nice) and went snorkeling after but we got an early start. If you can't do it this time, theres always next time.

• 2 months later...

I want to do just whsy ya'll did . Please tell me how and who to use as I do not want to be late back to the Destiny but this is my most anticipated stop.

many Thanks from Savannah Ga!

Archived