Oops...Aft Cabin 7690 Not 7691

I stayed in 7690 on Voyager (Explorer's sister). Yes, the cabin is very quiet. It is at the end of a long hall so not many people go past it. The balcony is huge, especially compared to an E1 balcony on the side. Ours had 2 lounge chairs, a small table, and a regular chair - the side balconies only hold 2 regular chairs and a small table.

Now convenience is another story, it is a long walk back to the room, but to me the size of the balcony and the view outweighed the long walk.

• 3 years later...
I stayed in 7690 on Voyager (Explorer's sister). Yes, the cabin is very quiet. It is at the end of a long hall so not many people go past it. The balcony is huge, especially compared to an E1 balcony on the side. Ours had 2 lounge chairs, a small table, and a regular chair - the side balconies only hold 2 regular chairs and a small table.

Hi

I love AFT cabins but haven't been on the Mariner before which I knowis a sister ship. Do you know if this cabin is partially or totally covered.

Ann

I'm new to posting and I had a typo in my cabin number. It's aft cabin 7690. I'd like to know if this is a nice, convenient, quiet cabin with a nice balcony. Thanks for you input!

We were just on AOS last week on 6690 right below and would NOT recommend 7690 due to the aforementioned reason. You will NOT be able to look directly down into the wake. Although it should be very quiet (if you're lucky), that is not always a guarantee depending upon who is below, above or next to you. It also has hardly any wind moving around. Got extremely hot on the balcony at times.

We just got off of the Explorer in cabin 8690, right above the one in question. This was our first aft cabin and although the balcony was AWESOME, I don't think I'd book aft again. Our trip to Bermuda went through two bad storms and sleeping in this cabin was next to impossible. Instead of the motion of the ship being felt as "swaying" it was a night of JOLTS. Everything in the room seemed to make a noise as the ship pitched. We would be in other parts of the ship and feel the motion but when we returned to the room it was much, much worse than anywhere else we had been onboard. The view was lovely, the space incredible, but the downsides I'm afraid outweighed the positives.

Archived