What not to pack-Carnival Spirit

I just returned from the Sprit and wanted to share. We had a balcony cabin so I don't know if these tips apply to all the Spirit cabins.

We didn't need to pack.....

Bungee cord-ask room steward for a block of wood to put at the top of door (they use them to keep door open when cleaning the room)

Clothes line-there is a retractable one in the shower

Clothes pins for shower curtain-there was no problem due to the shape of the shower and length of curtain

Over-the-door shoe holder-we used ours just because we had it. However, there is plenty of storage with 7 upper shelves and 4 lower open cabinets in the bathroom. Our 3 teenage girls had PLENTY of storage space in the bathroom. There is also lots of cabin storage space with 3 large closets and several cabinets.

Clips for closing the curtains--they closed completely making the room very dark if needed (just ask my teens who slept untill noon one day!)

Any other recommendations from past cruisers?

I take my over the door organizer and hang it in the closet. I use it for "shoes" imagine that :eek: . Actually I only use it for sandals. I use the extra pouches for other things. The one at the top right corner is reserved for the S&S cards at night. We always know where to find them. Perfect to put those sticky notes and all the little things that you don't want laying all over the countertop.

I think another reason for the Over the Door organizer is so that in rough seas everything stays put in it. If you have everything on the shelves, they have been know to slide off and things can break. We had smooth seas last time so we didn't need the thing either.

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to put this out there. We went to Mexico from San Diego on the Spirit last Dec. I do not have the words to say how wonderful the entertainment staff was. David and Jamie absolutely made our cruise. :D I don't know if they will still be on the ship during its Alaska run. We aren't really very fond of Mexico, but I would go on the same ship again just to be with them.

• 4 months later...

The over the door organizers range from a hanging shoe organizer filled with personal items such as shampoo, make up, etc. to a hanging organizer specifically designed to hold those times. They hang on the hook on the bathroom door.

I love my hanging organizer and I would never sail without it. It is so convenient! It's not really a matter of needing the space, but the fact that everything I need is in one place and easy to get at. And I never have to worry about things tipping over in bad seas.

We loved the over the door shoe organizer. Used it for the reading glasses, the walking around glasses, the sun glasses, we always put our lanyards in there as we walked into the room. Pen, post-its... anything we didn't want to have to dig for and wanted to find quickly.

If there is a retractable clothes line in the bathroom, don't you need clothspins for that?

You can just layer your suite over the line. However I do take a couple plastic clothes pins - thus your swim suit dries faster.

The over the door shoe organizer can be gotten at any Dollar Tree for $1.00. Great purchase and worth it. I store everything in mine.

When you have 3 ladies sharing a cabin - you need all the space you can get! lol

Edited for spelling - duh! lol

Another nice thing we liked, on both the Spirit and the Conquest, is that to a great degree the closets can be re-configured. Some of the shelves can be removed and stacked at the bottom of the closet, and then there are extra rods for additional hanging space (or vice versa).

For Alaska the weather was colder and we needed more hanging space for pants and shirts. For the Caribbean we needed more room for shorts and shoes...

I do not want to sound stupid, but what is the bungee for and what kind of over the door organizer do you mean?

I have attached a photo that I took on the Fantasy last year. You can see my organizer hanging on the inside of the bathroom door. It was handy for all those things that clutter up your cabin. Since the pockets are clear it was easy to see what was in them. I bought it at the dollar store for $1. With 3 of us in a cabin (1 teenager) we needed it for all the extra bathroom things (shampoos, conditioners, mousse, sunscreen, hair clips, etc.)

584306642_Fantasyoverdoororganizer.jpg.e6c3b4bc4ab41df1cdd27610cda03bb8.jpg

time for someone to say don't pack a bad attitude.... every time someone asks what to pack someone HAS to say a good attitude...............

Good point. And if you do pack a good attitude, do you have to wrap it in bubble wrap and smuggle it aboard, or are you allowed to carry it on with you:confused: :D

The bungee cord is for holding the balcony or in my case, the bathroom, door open. Some people like to go to sleep listening to the waves. I feel claustrophobic trying to get ready (brush teeth, dry hair) in that small bathroom, so I use mine to hold the bathroom door open.

I agree with everything except the wood block from the room steward. We asked and were told no, that they only have a few of them. Luckily we had the bungee.

For us, the black hard rubber door stopper worked just fine.

The bungee cord is for holding the balcony or in my case, the bathroom, door open. Some people like to go to sleep listening to the waves. I feel claustrophobic trying to get ready (brush teeth, dry hair) in that small bathroom, so I use mine to hold the bathroom door open.

I see Great Idea. I like the balcony door suggestion.

Archived