masks of ketchikan

thasmin

OK -

can anyone tell me what the name of this store is: It's on creek street in Ketchikan, and has lots of these crazy tree masks both outside and inside. While other stores may have one or two of these things, this store specializes in them. I should have bought one when I had the chance! But now I am going to try to do this by mail. Can anyone help me with information? Here also is a picture of the store facade (conveniently without name / signage...) So whay is the name of this store and how do I get one of these?

thanks

thomas

masks.jpg.31d01ac8a4fdb2205c142958f91f116b.jpg

OK sorry I'm back.

I remember the ones I really wanted were about 60 or70 bucks. They may have been as cheap as 40 bucks or so.

But still, no luck in determining the name.

Still appreciate anyone who knows.

thanks

th

• 3 weeks later...
I'll go look tomorrow. That's the store that also sells the Austrailian opals.

This store is owned by the same people that own Poker Creek Gold just a couple of stores down......

Yep, it's definately the Opal store owned by Poker Creek Gold. I just got off the phone with them and they do not have a website or email address. The masks go from $40-$150 and they change often. I plan to pick up a few next week. If you're interested in their phone number it's (907) 225-0434. The store is located at #22 Creek Street.

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from our cruise and I think I found the store in question. It is PERFECT PARTNERS. The sign is an oval shape with three red hearts in the center, PERFECT PARTNERS at the top and ALASKAN GOLD AUSTRALIAN OPAL at the bottom. It is on Creek Street.

I just returned from our cruise and I think I found the store in question. It is PERFECT PARTNERS. The sign is an oval shape with three red hearts in the center, PERFECT PARTNERS at the top and ALASKAN GOLD AUSTRALIAN OPAL at the bottom. It is on Creek Street.

We just returned from Alaska and purchased one of those funky masks. You're correct, the name of the shop is "The Opal Shop - Perfect Partners". It's on 22 Creek Street very close to Dolly's. They have some great stuff - prices vary and I think quite reasonable.

Good Luck

Fiveparty is right. I ended up buying four of the masks and two weather wizards (smaller carvings). It's a local guy that carvs them and they are very unique. The shop has a lot of interesting hand carved items at a very reasonable price in addition to Opal.

Good luck!

Archived