Motion or other problems in Aft Mini-Suite

Travelover

We sail on the Crown in November and have a mini-suite on Dolphin just before the laundry room. Has anyone been on the Crown or her sister ship in that area. Did you experience motion and/or noise? Was the balcony partially covered or fully exposed? Appreciate your comments.

What do you mean by "just before" the laundry room? Just a little more forward, or a little more aft?

We experienced no particular motion ON the aft (C752). Well, there WAS that listing 18% to starboard thing, but except for that, it's a great location, and Nancy says that she is VERY susceptible to motion sickness, and wasn't sick at all on our cruise.

Our cabin is D714, which is I believe is two cabins forward of the laundry room. I'm asking this question as I have seen two postings stating two cruisers having cabins on aft experienced motion. Did you have an exposed balcony? This will be the first time we don't have a mid-ship cabin and while my husband has assured me it will be ok, I had experienced sea sickness on our very first cruise due to bad weather and was leery about these accommodations when we booked them (the ship was supposedly "full", so we couldn't get the cabins we wanted).

Glad you are home safely.

Hi Merion

I believe the cabin you had was the very last cabin on the port side. We are several cabins before that on the Dolphin. Was yours covered because it was the very last one? From what I am hearing, the balconies on Dolphin are "out there"...

Yes, our cabin was on the very aft, and yours is simply TOWARDS the aft. And yes, Dolphin balconies are totally utterly exposed. Everyone above you will be able to look down on you. Some rude people may even throw or drop things onto your balcony.

yes, I had read about the rude passengers throwing things on the balconies below...

we went to our TA yesterday to see if there were any cancellations on our November cruise, but the ship is still full to capacity. We were informed that we were already on an upgrade list...and we just need to check in for cancellations if we want to better our cabin. We shall see...

Archived