? for Arubalisa

sunlover5

I read on another thread where you recommended "Bully". I emailed him and he was very quick to respond. He said he could give my husband and I a tour and he recommended 2 hours for what we want. He said it would be 40.00 per hour, 80.00 total?? Seems other tours are less expensive and I was wondering if you thought it would be worth it?? Thank you for your input and all your information. (I only wanted a tour, then shop since I am a delft collector) He said he would drop us off a good place to shop for it!!

Do they sell it on Curacao too?? Where is the best place to shop for it??? I am not looking for any certain piece, just looking for any!!

Bully has to charge $40/hour because it is required by law. It would work out cheaper per person if you had 5 people in your party since the price is per car, not person. Otherwise the advantage is you are receiving a "personal tour".

Sign posted outside cruise terminal in Oranjestad

taxifare_cruiseterminal.jpg

As you have read, we really like Bully and used him the entire time we were on the island in September. He is very personable and put our dd right at ease (think big teddy bear). She has some special needs and is very uncomfortable with most strangers. This was the main reason why we used Bully the entire week, so she would have someone with who she would become familiar and he filled the bill to a "T".

As a side story, Bully gave us what I guess you could call a "mini-tour" on our return to the airport in September taking us through a section of the island, which in 13 trips we had never ever been. He did not have to do this he was doing it out of convenience to avoid a traffic detour at a heavily traveled intersection and Noontime traffic in downtown Oranjestad. When we told him we had never seen that section of the island, inland east of the airport, he began giving us a running commentary. He even offered some suggestions for purchasing real estate on the island. ;)

Sorry, do I do not know about Curacao, but the most popular store for purchasing Delft Blue in Aruba is Ecco on the Mainstreet downtown (walkable from the ship). http://www.visitaruba.com/ecco/ I am sure Bully would know of others.

Arubalisa, Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply. You are great!! I think we will go with him!! Sounds like we would pay the same for grabbing a taxi anyways and we just want to get going when we get off the ship and not have to find someone!! Thanks again!!!

Archived