Legend obstructed view balcony

wenderbender

I will be taking my first cruise on 4/22/07 on the Carnival Legend. I just wanted to thank everyone on this site. I would not have know that some lifeboats are larger than others without this site. I booked a 7a guarantee thinking they were all the same. They didn't tell me some are larger.:( Just by chance looking at pictures of the ship I noticed a difference. I called carnival and they said they were all the same. Wrong!! After searching this site I was able to find pictures of the difference. I called my TA and was able to get my room switched to a 7a farther back on the ship even though we were a guarantee:D . I don't know how she did it but I'm happy. I just thought other people might not be aware that first 3 boats are larger and this might change your decision when booking a guarantee or not. Maybe just I didn't know being new to cruising. Hope this helps other.

• 1 year later...
I will be taking my first cruise on 4/22/07 on the Carnival Legend. I just wanted to thank everyone on this site. I would not have know that some lifeboats are larger than others without this site. I booked a 7a guarantee thinking they were all the same. They didn't tell me some are larger.:( Just by chance looking at pictures of the ship I noticed a difference. I called carnival and they said they were all the same. Wrong!! After searching this site I was able to find pictures of the difference. I called my TA and was able to get my room switched to a 7a farther back on the ship even though we were a guarantee:D . I don't know how she did it but I'm happy. I just thought other people might not be aware that first 3 boats are larger and this might change your decision when booking a guarantee or not. Maybe just I didn't know being new to cruising. Hope this helps other.

Thank you for this post!! We also booked a 7a but picked a cabin. Once i did i searched for any info on this cabin catagory and came across your post. Sure enough we were up near the bigger lifeboats. I ended up changing to 5187. What cabin were you in ? also did you find the lifeboats intrusive? Thanks

the best 7A cabins are 5238 and 5245 but both are handicapped cabins.

For regular Able body people the best cabin is 5236.

Looking on the deck plan will show you the larger balcony.

you can call carnival many times with the same question and keep getting different replies. Some of those people never even sailed before

We were in 5230 and some friends of ours were in 5236. I have pics of both on webshots. Here is the link.

http://community.webshots.com/album/550320245hDWpFx

Thank you I have seen these pictures before, I actually saw them before i booked the cabin. Hubby said as long as we can look out and see the water it is fine with him.

we have booked 7A's both times on the Legend. I think they are great! Both times we have had limited obstruction and I like the location on the ship. I highly recommend these rooms.

mumofsons which cabins were you in? We are in the middle of one of the lifeboats I am just wondering if it would be better to move so we are between lifeboats.

Thanks

Happy holidays

This was my second post - Hockeylover - I grew up in Sarnia - where in Southern Ontario are you?

We have had two different 7A's - once just DH and myself - we had 5235 we really liked this room. It was between two life boats so we never had any difficulty seeing the water. This past July we had connecting cabins 5167/5169 with our teenaged sons. We liked these rooms as well. The balcony for us is more for fresh air and when we used to share with the kids it was just a quiet getaway. I just feel like you can't go wrong with the 7A's. Merry Christmas!

This was my second post - Hockeylover - I grew up in Sarnia - where in Southern Ontario are you?

We have had two different 7A's - once just DH and myself - we had 5235 we really liked this room. It was between two life boats so we never had any difficulty seeing the water. This past July we had connecting cabins 5167/5169 with our teenaged sons. We liked these rooms as well. The balcony for us is more for fresh air and when we used to share with the kids it was just a quiet getaway. I just feel like you can't go wrong with the 7A's. Merry Christmas!

We are just outside of windsor, but have been to Sarnia many times. My sister and her family have lived there for 30+ years. Hubby loves to sit out on the balcony and have his coffee in the morning, as long as we can see out im sure we will be fine.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

This past July we had connecting cabins 5167/5169 with our teenaged sons. We liked these rooms as well. !

On this class of ship there is a combo cabin for families. One cabin is a balcony and the other is an inside cabin. These are located on each deck towards the front of the ship starting on deck 5. There is only two combo cabins per deck

On this class of ship there is a combo cabin for families. One cabin is a balcony and the other is an inside cabin. These are located on each deck towards the front of the ship starting on deck 5. There is only two combo cabins per deck

My sister and her family had one of the connecting cabins balcony/inside last week on the Legend and she loved it. She said the balcony was larger than most. If we had been bringing our dd's on this cruise we would have looked into one of those. Maybe next time.

These rooms are right up at the front of the ship - I remember reading on someone's posts that it was so windy that they didn't utilize the balcony that much. I could be mistaken though.

my sister said because the balcony juts in, it is like the wall of the inside cabin blocks most of the wind. she doesnt usually sit outside and did quite a bit on this cruise. If she were the type to take pictures i would have asked her to take some for me, but i dont even think she knows how to turn one on:p

These rooms are right up at the front of the ship - I remember reading on someone's posts that it was so windy that they didn't utilize the balcony that much. I could be mistaken though.

You are correct for a conquest class ship--which is what the Lierty is.

This is not the case on the Spirit class ships- Like hockey stated those balconies are sitting back some in a recessed part--- there is a wall protecting you from the wind.

Thank you for this post!! We also booked a 7a but picked a cabin. Once i did i searched for any info on this cabin catagory and came across your post. Sure enough we were up near the bigger lifeboats. I ended up changing to 5187. What cabin were you in ? also did you find the lifeboats intrusive? Thanks

We stayed in 5189 on the Legend a couple of years ago. We booked an OV GTY and we were upgraded to this cabin so we were very happy to have a balcony. The lifeboats didn't detract from the cruise at all.

Here is a picture that I took off of the balcony of the Jolly Roger sailing past us in Barbados.

44258421_legendobstructedview.jpg.59deba643d5cebad0265ddbd3386bcec.jpg

We stayed in 5189 on the Legend a couple of years ago. We booked an OV GTY and we were upgraded to this cabin so we were very happy to have a balcony. The lifeboats didn't detract from the cruise at all.

Here is a picture that I took off of the balcony of the Jolly Roger sailing past us in Barbados.

Thank you, its nice to see a picture from near our cabin.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for all of the info! We are in section 7A and have two rooms booked on the Legend - 5156 and 5164. Seems to be mid-ship, so am I safe to say the lifeboats are not the large ones and are below the balcony?

you are aware that these two cabins are a few cabins away from each other?

lifeboats will still be sitting at the balcony leval-- youwill not be able to see down into the waters but your view out will be fine

• 3 weeks later...
the best 7A cabins are 5238 and 5245 but both are handicapped cabins.

For regular Able body people the best cabin is 5236.

Looking on the deck plan will show you the larger balcony.

you can call carnival many times with the same question and keep getting different replies. Some of those people never even sailed before

Can you tell me if there is elevator noise since the elevator is on one of the walls to 5236?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

HEY Hockey, i'm taking the cruise in Sept 2010, I acutally have room 5187 too!!!! How did the view end up being?? This is my honeymoon cruise, so I hope it's nice. Thanks for any info!!

HEY Hockey, i'm taking the cruise in Sept 2010, I acutally have room 5187 too!!!! How did the view end up being?? This is my honeymoon cruise, so I hope it's nice. Thanks for any info!!

we ended up moving to a different cabin but friends of ours were in 5230 and 5228 and they loved it in fact our next cruise they booked 5230 again and her sister is in 5232 and we are in the coveted 5236 :) there are pictures of thier view in my sig tag.

• 1 year later...
Can you tell me if there is elevator noise since the elevator is on one of the walls to 5236?

Thanks

actually it is not the elevator but the stewards room that shares the wall with 5236 -- the elevator is further down and you definitely never hear it.

5236 is indeed what people tell you, a hidden gem with an extended balcony and great location. The obstruction (the liferaft) is only a factor is you want to look straight down but no impairment to viewing out to sea at all.

Archived