Great Letter from Carnival

Our family group has been on 2 previous Carnival sailings. My 10-year old son Andrew, is as much of a cruise junkie as his mom is. :) Our last cruise was on the Pride last summer and he still talks about it.

A couple of months ago, Andrew drew a very detailed picture of a Carnival ship that included balconies, the stack and even the Carnival logo. He named the ship the Carnival Excitement and asked if he could send the picture to Carnival for them to consider for future ship names.

He was so sincere, I didn't have the heart to tell him that his letter would probably end up in a big black hole somewhere so I told him I would find out where to send it. I was employed in the travel industry and am now a Corporate Event Planner. I had organized a corporate cruise and with that and my travel background, I had a contact at Carnival. He was our Regional Vice President of Marketing. I sent him an e-mail and explained the situation about my son and how I wanted to send his letter to a department at Carnival that might actually read it.

He was so nice and told me to send it to his attention in his Miami office and he would make sure someone would read it.

Well, today in the mail, my son received an envelope from Carnival. In it was a personalized picture to my son from Bob Dickinson, his business card and a letter.

The letter said the following:

Dear Andrew, Thank you for your recent letter. I very much appreciate your enclosing your rendition of a future Carnival ship. The Carnival Excitement is a very good name. We will keep it on file for our future ship names.

I also appreciate your enclosing a photo of you with your family while on the Carnival Pride. It's a terrific picture! I have enclosed a photograph as well.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard another "Fun Ship" Carnival cruise in the very near future.

Thank you again for writing.

Best regards,

Bob Dickinson, CTC

President & CEO

(signed by him)

My son was really surprised and I have to admit, it was more than I was hoping for but it's a great memento for him to keep.

Just thought I would share...

Our family group has been on 2 previous Carnival sailings. My 10-year old son Andrew, is as much of a cruise junkie as his mom is. :) Our last cruise was on the Pride last summer and he still talks about it.

A couple of months ago, Andrew drew a very detailed picture of a Carnival ship that included balconies, the stack and even the Carnival logo. He named the ship the Carnival Excitement and asked if he could send the picture to Carnival for them to consider for future ship names.

He was so sincere, I didn't have the heart to tell him that his letter would probably end up in a big black hole somewhere so I told him I would find out where to send it. I was employed in the travel industry and am now a Corporate Event Planner. I had organized a corporate cruise and with that and my travel background, I had a contact at Carnival. He was our Regional Vice President of Marketing. I sent him an e-mail and explained the situation about my son and how I wanted to send his letter to a department at Carnival that might actually read it.

He was so nice and told me to send it to his attention in his Miami office and he would make sure someone would read it.

Well, today in the mail, my son received an envelope from Carnival. In it was a personalized picture to my son from Bob Dickinson, his business card and a letter.

Dear Andrew, Thank you for your recent letter. I very much appreciate your enclosing your rendition of a future Carnival ship. The Carnival Excitement is a very good name. We will keep it on file for our future ship names.

I also appreciate your enclosing a photo of you with your family while on the Carnival Pride. It's a terrific picture! I have enclosed a photograph as well.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard another "Fun Ship" Carnival cruise in the very near future.

Best regards,

Bob Dickinson, CTC

President & CEO

(signed by him)

My son was really surprised and I have to admit, it was more than I was hoping for but it's a great memento for him to keep.

Just adding my kudos to your son for his great mailing, and props (as well) too CCL for recognizing his sincere efforts. That's a "feel good" story here on these boards. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, I almost got tears in my eyes when I read that! How cool of Carnival to respond that way. Also, how cool of your son to think that up and want to go through the trouble of sharing with Carnival.

Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,

Bob Dickinson, CTC

President & CEO

(signed by him)

Awww that is precious and I am glad that an adult took the time out of his busy life to do something that your child will never forget!!!! Kudos to Carnival!!! :D

It does make you feel good when I "BIG" CEO responds that way.. ;) Of course I email Bob Dickinson a few times and he did respond.. I have a feeling Bob Dickinson is a person worth knowing.. He seems like a real nice person..

I bit the letter made your son's day...

Did this thread get on here twice or is it old timers again:(

No, it's not old timers. I'm really sorry about that. I was having trouble with a really slow response time. I tried to back out of it and start over, but it went through even though it didn't seem that way. I tried to go in and delete it, but couldn't figure it out.

My bad.

What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. BTW, I LOVE the name Carnival Excitement!!! I hope to sail on that ship some day. :)

Thanks Glama. He's such a creative little kid and he came up with this totally on his own. He even asked if he would be given credit when they named his ship. Choked me up a bit.

Archived