New Poll - Would you book a longer cruise?

Vote for longer cruises (10 to 14 nights) on Carnival  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for longer cruises (10 to 14 nights) on Carnival

• No thanks, I can go on a vacation longer than 7 or 8 nights
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Florida ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Southern California ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from NYC/NJ ports
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from New Orleans
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Houston/Galveston
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from Mobile
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises from San Juan, PR
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises DURING THE HOLIDAYS from ANY PORT
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises during the SUMMER MONTHS
    • Yes, I'd love to see longer cruises during the WINTER MONTHS
    • Yes, My Longer Cruise Port Suggestion Is Below
    • Yes, My Longer Cruise TIME OF YEAR Suggestion Is Below
    • Other, see remarks below

If you've been following the "build the ULTIMATE Carnival ship" thread several people have suggested that longer cruises would be one of the things they have implemented if they were in charge.

So this poll is to see if Carnival will sit up and take notice. If this generates enough serious interest, I will set up an Online Petition to send off to Carnival.

Read the carefully and mutiple answers are allowed

i did a 28 night b2b med and transatlantic last year, so yes. this year i only have time for a 16 night (plus 4 days pre-cruise in london). it is going to seem 'short' be comparison. i'd never book less than a 10 night again.

Yes, I'd like to have longer meaning AT LEAST 9 or 10 Nights sailing from the NYC/NJ area. And, even more specifically I'd like that ship to say in NYC/NJ year round to offer us choices besides Royal Caribbean, NCL and HAL during the Winter Months.

If Carnival moved a newer ship, say, Carnival Liberty to NYC/NJ and offered a 12 to 14 night HOLIDAY cruise that worked around school schedules or as close as possible, I'd be the first in line to book.

I would love to see Liberty, Freedom or dare to dream even Splendor placed in the New York City (or NJ) area on a year round basis with 10 - 14 night cruises. One week isn't enough and, I will always book Carnival over Royal Caribbean but, as of right now, Carnival isn't here on a year round basis and the cruises offered aren't longer like Princess offers during the summers and Royal Caribbean & NCL offer during the winter.

It's my opinion that Carnival is missing a prime opportunity here in the Northeast.

My DH and I made the horrible, horrible mistake of taking a 14 day cruise last Nov. Now anything less seems WAY too short (try doing a 5 day after a 14 day...not so nice I tell you)

We're taking a 15 day repo this Nov. :D :D I'm hoping this will be the new standard for us for at least one of our cruises each year.

As far as what ports or time of year...I like sailing from either coast (makes no difference to me) and I don't sail in the summer, (an exception would be for Alaska) so any season besides summer is good.

Ok Carnival, I can get VERY specific. I would LOVE nothing more than Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty to be placed in New York (whether it's Brooklyn, Manhattan or even over in NJ) for a Holiday Cruise in 2009.

I'll get even MORE specific and ask that the cruise departs on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 (at 8 or 9 pm) to allow the majority of folks to get to the port from work. The cruise would return on Sunday, January 3, 2010.

And, since I have nothing better to do today, here would be my suggested itinerary:

December 23 - Depart 9pm from NYC

December 24 - Day at Sea

December 25 - Day at Sea

December 26 - St. Thomas or Puerto Rico

December 27 - St. Maarten

December 28 - Dominica

December 29 - Barbados

December 30 - Grenada

December 31 - Aruba

January 1 - Day at Sea

January 2 - Day at Sea

January 3 - Return to NYC 8AM

Carnival, if you placed even a Destiny Class ship in NY on a year round basis that offered 10 to 14 night cruises. I'd book at least 3 cruises per year - guaranteed.

Bride and Groom - EXCELLENT SUGGESTION AND ITINERARY!!

Would love to see Carnival do more longer cruises, also wish they would do the Panama Canal from one coast to the other.

The ports of Charleston and Norfolk could use a Carnival ship ported there on a permanent basis. I would book a longer cruise out of those ports:)

We cruise twice a year, sometimes three times a year if budgeting allows for it.

Here is my suggestion: Bring the new Carnival Splendor to NYC year round, and during "Prime" Vacation weeks meaning July 4th week and the holidays, offer 10 to 14 night cruises.

If Carnival would wake up and schedule around school schedules (take note of Bride and Groom's SPECIFIC itinerary for the 2009 holidays)...showing how to do it to allow the majority of people to make it a week and 1 day vacation time.

You'll sell the ship out.

Carnival really needs to rethink their sailing and itineraries. Not everyone wants to book a back to back if they want a longer cruise, which often force some of us to book other cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Princess, even though we prefer Carnival.

I think Bride and Groom's scheduling and itinerary are brilliant and should Carnival wake up and smell the roses, I'll be first to book it.

Ok Carnival, I can get VERY specific. I would LOVE nothing more than Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty to be placed in New York (whether it's Brooklyn, Manhattan or even over in NJ) for a Holiday Cruise in 2009.

I'll get even MORE specific and ask that the cruise departs on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 (at 8 or 9 pm) to allow the majority of folks to get to the port from work. The cruise would return on Sunday, January 3, 2010.

And, since I have nothing better to do today, here would be my suggested itinerary:

December 23 - Depart 9pm from NYC

December 24 - Day at Sea

December 25 - Day at Sea

December 26 - St. Thomas or Puerto Rico

December 27 - St. Maarten

December 28 - Dominica

December 29 - Barbados

December 30 - Grenada

December 31 - Aruba

January 1 - Day at Sea

January 2 - Day at Sea

January 3 - Return to NYC 8AM

We cruise twice a year, sometimes three times a year if budgeting allows for it.

Here is my suggestion: Bring the new Carnival Splendor to NYC year round, and during "Prime" Vacation weeks meaning July 4th week and the holidays, offer 10 to 14 night cruises.

If Carnival would wake up and schedule around school schedules (take note of Bride and Groom's SPECIFIC itinerary for the 2009 holidays)...showing how to do it to allow the majority of people to make it a week and 1 day vacation time.

You'll sell the ship out.

Carnival really needs to rethink their sailing and itineraries. Not everyone wants to book a back to back if they want a longer cruise, which often force some of us to book other cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Princess, even though we prefer Carnival.

I think Bride and Groom's scheduling and itinerary are brilliant and should Carnival wake up and smell the roses, I'll be first to book it.

I agree with all of these statements 100%. I might be new here but, that doesn't make my vote any less valuable :D

I think JoeFromBergenNJ should get that petition ready. I'll sign it right now.

I'd love a 10-day cruise from NYC but I don't know if it would realistically be in our price range. That holiday cruise from NYC posted above looks great but too far off; why not 2008 into 2009? Hey, dream big! My kids are off from 12/19 through 1/5 - wow! I am going to check into a holiday 08 cruise. What a great thread!

I agree with all of these statements 100%. I might be new here but, that doesn't make my vote any less valuable :D

Welcome to Cruise Critic.:D

I spent a lot of time figuring out my B2B to get a longer cruise. I noticed that a lot of ships do the eastern run then the western back to back. I think that's great, I didn't want to do the same trip twice in 2 weeks.

Welcome aboard Hugo!

And, I agree, put a petition up...I'll sign it!

Nick

Archived