Loving my hair stylist!!

I am very hair and makeup challenged. My hair philosophy is "it's clean, it's combed, it's good!"

I planned on going to my hairstylist before we leave for the cruise so that she could do my hair exactly how I wanted it for the wedding. One of the other girls was going to take pictures of the process so that I could duplicate the look in the ship's salon.

I was talking to my stylist when I was having a brow wax done about my hair and what I wanted done with it. She ended up taking half of the cost off of my desired wedding 'do!

When I told her what I wanted, she said it would be SO easy to do that I could do it myself. Cha...I still can't use a curling iron right and get those pretty curls and I've been trying for about 20 years! lol She suggested I purchase hair extensions. She found one for me that is nice and curly and identical to my own hair. I can just pin and tie it to a bun in my hair. She said she'd show me how to do it as well. The extension was about half the price of going to get a salon style and it won't 'wilt' in the heat on the beach! :D

My 'hair' is going to arrive Wednesday and I have an appointment Saturday so she can show me how it's done. I'll post pics after I do it myself so you all can give me some honest opinions! I would have never thought of this on my own! :)

Okay, I have really got to see this! Right now our schedule is probably going to not allow me to go to the salon in the morning, so I will be doing my own hair as well! I would love to see how this works out!

I'm a little leery myself, to be honest. Why?

1. If I was more style inclined, I probably wouldn't be so worried! :)

2. Even though she showed me an example of one and I felt it, I can't get this 'horsehair' complex out of my head!! It looks and feels natural, but I can't shake the fake hair thing! :D

I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

Ha! Well, I could get over the type of hair easily. To be able to know that I will have perfect hair all day long would be fine with me! I took a look at some extensions online. I think I might have to order one and try it out myself! :)

I got my hair a day early!! :) We went out of town (35 minutes, no biggie) to buy a new car today (YAY!! 2008 Ford Escape) and I stopped and picked up my hair as well to save my stylist the trip. I'm having technical difficulties with my camera, so I can't post a pic yet. For some reason the computer won't read it and if it does it says there are no pics on it. :mad: :mad:

I can report that this is definitely how I'll be doing my hair! It's made by Revlon and it is just a pile of curls attached to a jaw clip. I got it through Sally Beauty Supply. The color matches perfectly and the hair itself looks very natural and really doesn't even feel fake.

This is so easy I was able to do it even with my bum arm. It looked good even with not being as high as I wanted to put it (arm difficulties) so I bet it'll look even better when I get it on my head where I want it. It took a grand total of two minutes to put up.

I'll post the pics as soon as I can get that stupid darn camera to work.

I'm anxious as well to see your pictures. I recently cut my hair really short and I've been wondering what to do about my wedding Feb 2008 in Cozumel. I don't want to have to grow my hair out because I like it shor and I live in Florida so it's great off my neck. The weather shouldn't be too warm for my wedding but just the thought of being able to attach a comb and not have to worry about my hair "falling" from heat or humidity would be great!

I'm sorry, there's a few so it might be a slow download for those on dial up. Sorry that I had to take them in the bathroom, but it was the only place I could get the camera up high enough to get good pics on the timer! Also a midnight, nothing special face! lol

Let me know what you think...keep in mind I didn't do anything special between my arm and time constraints. I just rolled my hair and clipped the extension in. I will do something nicer with my bangs and such...

Hair1.jpgHair3.jpg It matches!

Hair2.jpgHair4.jpg Don't be scared, it's just me! :D

I do have pictures of the clip and the 'blob' if you are interesting in seeing how big the clip is and what type.

I put my tiara and veil on with the 'do. It's a little rough, but a good idea of what I'll be doing. What do you think?

AllDone1.jpg

AllDone2.jpg

AllDone3.jpg

I'm a Cubbie bride! :D

I Love it! I have been looking for something like this. What brand is it? I would love to get one! I think this is perfect for you! Does your Tiara have the clip on it, or did you have to bobby pin it in? I woud love to see the pic to the clip and hair. My email is audria99@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)

I didn't bobby pin or clip my tiara. I might have to eventually, but it was just a headband type. I guess I just have a big head because it's actually sort of tight.

The hair pieces are made by Revlon. My specific one was the "Clip It Fancy". I picked it up at a local Sally, but here's the website if you don't have one near you (I drove 30 minutes). Here's another site as well with more selection:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/dept/2410

http://www.maxwigs.com/ready-to-wear-hair-c32/

This is what the clip on the back of the hair looks like:

HairClip-1.jpg

I am sooo sold on this idea now! You are also very pretty! The hair looks great, even with the minimal effort you said you put into it. Very cool! It looks great with the tiara and veil. Can't wait to see the whole package together with the dress, makeup, etc. You're gonna look great! :)

After looking at your pics again, I was thinking... what if you don't leave the strands hanging down? I found this picture somewhere and I saved it because the hairstyle was so cute. My apologizes if this belongs to someone on the message boards. Take it as a compliment... your hair was great!

Anyway, just a thought. This would show more of your pretty face!

070403.jpg.a2918014070009bbe156e124035fad13.jpg

After looking at your pics again, I was thinking... what if you don't leave the strands hanging down? I found this picture somewhere and I saved it because the hairstyle was so cute. My apologizes if this belongs to someone on the message boards. Take it as a compliment... your hair was great!

Anyway, just a thought. This would show more of your pretty face!

Aww...thanks :o I haven't been called pretty in a long time! :D

More than likely I'll pull my bangs back. They fit nicely behind my ears so I'd probably only need to anchor them with a bobby pin for that 'just in case' security. With my luck, we'd get a huge gust of wind and I'd be eating my bangs while trying to say my vows! :D I saved that picture as well to model the look of the bangs. So, whoever that was, thanks from me as well! :)

I liked the hairpieces so much I bought three more of them for everyday use (I have to put my hair up at work) and to use on formal nights on the cruise. I got a spiky, layered ponytail, a bunch of curls like the first one but a little longer, and one with a long ponytail with a few braids in it for fun. I'm such a dork! lol

Thanks, kandlwed! I love being able to look down on people now while I'm driving. As a 5'2" gal, it's quite the power trip! lol

Yeah! I bought some hair today from Sally Beauty Supply! Yep, this is definitely what I am going to use for the wedding. It's so hassle-free (and inexpensive) and it's exactly what I had in mind. I bought two pieces... one was a little scrunchie type and the other was a clip. These pics are of the clip ($19.99), which is what I've decided to go with. However, I am not sure if I will do all of my hair up or leave it half down. The last pic is of me with my regular hair.

Lora, you are such a lifesaver. Tell your hairstylist thanks!

HairClip.jpg.c3829c22412df97dc2b7dae520019c26.jpg

HairClip2.jpg.6777738e9993292fef90b5b78a34c8a5.jpg

HairClip3.jpg.819492b9f044903affc285649a3a324a.jpg

MyHair.jpg.76f95187bfc95b51fa03420c91a85096.jpg

Talk about ME being 'pretty'! Dang girl! :D

I decided to put all of mine up. I didn't want to fight with the wind and heat. I wanted to leave some down, and still might...who knows?! :)

I'll make sure to tell her that she started a hair revolution! lol I'm so glad she suggested it though because the hair thing was really stressing me out. I'm not good at styling and I have a hard time trusting other people besides my regular stylist to do anything with it. I'm glad you liked the idea too!

I have dark hair with blonde chunks, I have found 2 that match online but not sure what it will look like on. Do you think If I went to Sallys they have them in stock? Also, can the public buy from there?

Thank you guys, your hair is awesome

I would strongly suggest going to Sally's and looking first hand. Now that I know my 'color', I can buy them safely online. I also have brown hair with blonde chunks. My color matched up to the "Frosted" color from Revlon, but the lady at Sally helped me find the perfect shade.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot to answer the question! lol Sally does sell to the general public and does have quite a bit in stock.

HTH! :) You'll have to post some pics of your new 'do!

Ooh Ooh Ooh! Me too! I'm not using the clips, but I just had my trial run done this weekend. I was going to have it down (I have very long hair) but the hairstyle I wanted couldn't be done with my hair, and it will be the middle of July in Florida, so this one fit perfectly!

2720462910101548374pZjqVS_th.jpg2931310390101548374zWcytU_th.jpg Jewelry - 2919897110101548374yWWxni_th.jpg

My Hair Normally:

2311022660101548374FpeBHV_th.jpg I'm leaning back, but you get the gist of it...

Ooh Ooh Ooh! Me too! I'm not using the clips, but I just had my trial run done this weekend. I was going to have it down (I have very long hair) but the hairstyle I wanted couldn't be done with my hair, and it will be the middle of July in Florida, so this one fit perfectly!

2720462910101548374pZjqVS_th.jpg2931310390101548374zWcytU_th.jpg Jewelry - 2919897110101548374yWWxni_th.jpg

My Hair Normally:

2311022660101548374FpeBHV_th.jpg I'm leaning back, but you get the gist of it...

Wow! You have quite a mane of hair there, girl! I had butt-length hair until about 10 years ago. I got tired of sitting on it and of my kids yanking on it! lol

I'm a little silly I guess, but I can't tell from your post whether you used some sort of extensions or not? Or did you have your natural hair styled that way? Either way, it looks great! We're going to be some buff brides with great hair! :D

Archived