Has anyone eaten at Royal Palms?

pugsy&porter

I have seen their website posted on this board a lot, but I don't recall a lot people commenting on the food. We are definitely going to 7 mile beach and Royal Palm's menu looks great, but would love some feedback on how the food is.

Thanks in advance.

I have seen their website posted on this board a lot, but I don't recall a lot people commenting on the food. We are definitely going to 7 mile beach and Royal Palm's menu looks great, but would love some feedback on how the food is.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to know too, and I didnt see any drink prices on their menu would like to know that as well.

I do know their prices are in Cayman dollars so a cheeseburger would be about $10US

I would love to know too, and I didnt see any drink prices on their menu would like to know that as well.

I do know their prices are in Cayman dollars so a cheeseburger would be about $10US

And most of the time they add on a 15% tip prior to giving you the bill. Make sure and ask them (if you don't see it on the ticket). You can also ask them to give you your bill in USD. Most of the places we've gone to always did this for us...and they either write this on the ticket (next to the CD) or their machine does it automatically. It will at least give you an idea of what you're spending.

If something is $10 Cayman, then you're spending $12 US (or thereabouts). We almost always use our credit cards in Cayman and we've had no problem doing this. No funny fees or add ons...just the regular charges.

Another thing...I really do not like their water. I always order bottled water, or bottled pop. If you get soda pop from a dispenser, it has a funny taste to it. At least it does to me.

Hi Folks ,

Some info about our foods at the Palms. We make our own bread, sauces, stocks and desserts. We hand cut our fish, steaks and form our burgers. A burger is $7.95C.I or about $10.00 US. All food is imported onto the Island. There is no cost for the washrooms, showers or security or the use of the beach. Our monthly water bill is approx $10,000.00. We enjoy seeing and meeting our guests from the cruise ships and feel that all things concidered it is good value.

Tropical Regards,

Donald Loyd

Thanks for the information! IMO, Grand Cayman is paradise... :)

Hi Folks ,

Some info about our foods at the Palms. We make our own bread, sauces, stocks and desserts. We hand cut our fish, steaks and form our burgers. A burger is $7.95C.I or about $10.00 US. All food is imported onto the Island. There is no cost for the washrooms, showers or security or the use of the beach. Our monthly water bill is approx $10,000.00. We enjoy seeing and meeting our guests from the cruise ships and feel that all things concidered it is good value.

Tropical Regards,

Donald Loyd

Thank you for sharing information about Royal Palms! We will see you December 6th!:)

Hi Folks ,

Tropical Regards,

Donald Loyd

Thank you for your info. I emailed the Hotel and they told me you have lockers for $5 per day is this correct? Also what price range are drinks from beers to frozen drinks I couldnt find any pricing for that on your website.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I can say that I have eaten at the Royal Palms. We took the Trolley Jolley Island tour in the morning & then grabbed a cab to Royal Palms. One thing that was nice was it was $4/ person vs. $5/person to the other locations on 7 mile beach (I know it is only a dollar, but with a party of 10 - both ways, it adds up). Anyway, they had a really nice patio with umbrella tables, that was nice for my parents who did not want to get much sun. You could rent chairs next door for $5. They also had other watersport activities next door for a fee also. The beach is beautiful white sand and many people had just laid their towel down and laid out (the carnival logos gave it away). The beach is zero entry and the kids love it. The sand was great for making castles and we diffently had fun playing in it.

We ordered lunch and drinks. Our waiter (I think his name was Augustine (pronounced - Ah-Goose-Stien) was extremely attentive. Most of us got one of the two fish sandwiches. Just note the Grouper Sandwhich is fried, but excellent, I just have never had grouper that way and was not expecting it. The Hamburger looked great also. Wasn't too impressed with the conch fritter, but enjoyed the local beer we were drinking - I think called Cay Beer. The kids had chicken fingers, which was a fried chicken breast sliced, but they ate it all so it didn't matter. We have 5 solid beer drinkers & 2 frozen drinkers; we were there for 2 hours and the total bill was around $200 (not including tip). It was a great time and would recommend this place.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Royal Palms last May. It was wonderful, the first time we did a beach thing in Cayman as opposed to the stingrays and shopping. We had conch fritters, which were absolutely delicious!!! The best I've ever had. I had a fish sandwich which was very good too. Enjoy! We're going back in November ~ can't wait!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Are there always umbrellas available at Royal Palm? We need to find a place that will DEFINITELY have umbrellas available. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think there were still several stacked up when we were there in May. They're $10 and you have to give your ship ID card as collaterol.

Thanks in advance.

We cruised to Grand Cayman in July. We did spend the afternoon at Royal Palms Beach and ate lunch at the beach side grill. We ordered two pizzas, a platter of fries and 5 Cokes and the bill came to $41 US. The pizza's were made fresh and were very good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there about 3 weeks ago. We can't comment on their food as we left prior to lunch so ate on the ship. We did order a couple of drinks and were very pleased. My husband had a rum and coke with Cuban Rum (which of course we can't get here in the US) and thought that was really great. The beach was wonderful and we enjoyed the facilities.

Archived