Conquest Spa Deck Question please!!!

SUGARSHACKER

I have booked a cabin on the Spa deck and I am wondering will it hold 4

people comfortably? My TA said it will hold 4 but I don't know how the bed situation is set up if anyone can help me please..There was a lady at one time said she had the same cabin and I can't remember who it was if you happen to be on line please help me with this question.If anyone else has had cabin 1114 on the Spa deck could you help me, thanks alot for any info .

Sharon

When we cruised in March, we were in cabin 1115. We could have had four people in our room.

We have two YouTube videos online of this particular cruise, but

has several photos of our cabin. Let me know if we can be of any assistance.

cabins on the spa deck all hold 4 people. These are 6E's and are family staterooms.

they have two beds on the floor that can be pushed together.

An upper bed on top of the convertible sofa bed.

These oceanview rooms feature floor to ceiling windows.

Instead of a balcony the cabin itself has that floor space.

I have booked a cabin on the Spa deck and I am wondering will it hold 4

people comfortably? My TA said it will hold 4 but I don't know how the bed situation is set up if anyone can help me please..There was a lady at one time said she had the same cabin and I can't remember who it was if you happen to be on line please help me with this question.If anyone else has had cabin 1114 on the Spa deck could you help me, thanks alot for any info .

Sharon

This is a past discussion board I strated when wonrdering if I should reserve a SPa Deck room for my Oct 08 trip. I will be in Spa room 1101!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=590934.

It does have a few good pictures of the rooms, which I think look good for our Family of 4 (kids will be 7&8 at Cruise time!) without the high cost of a suite!

Have a great time cruising!:cool:

If I remember correctly, when I was researching this myself I discovered that this particular cabin has a few extra square feet in it.

What we really liked about this stateroom is the window...I didn't miss having a balcony.

I do have a couple of thoughts on slight difficulties that we encountered. Every morning in port, we awoke to someone standing outside the window working on the ship. One really embarrassing moment came when my daughter was changing her blouse...and a man suddenly appeared outside the window! So just a word of caution...lol.

Another issue we had with our particular room was its location by the stairs that lead to the waterslide. The continuous running up the stairs became slightly annoying as did the loud crashing noises coming from the forward portion of the ship.

One last little thing, then I will step down...because the deck is high on the ship, you will feel movement more easily...or at least that is what my TA explained after we returned.

All in all, we LOVED the cabin and loved that I could take a few steps and be right outside on a deck chair!

If I remember correctly, when I was researching this myself I discovered that this particular cabin has a few extra square feet in it.

What we really liked about this stateroom is the window...I didn't miss having a balcony.

I do have a couple of thoughts on slight difficulties that we encountered. Every morning in port, we awoke to someone standing outside the window working on the ship. One really embarrassing moment came when my daughter was changing her blouse...and a man suddenly appeared outside the window! So just a word of caution...lol.

Another issue we had with our particular room was its location by the stairs that lead to the waterslide. The continuos running up the stairs became slightly annoying as did the loud crashing noises coming from the forward portion of the ship.

One last little thing, then I will step down...because the deck is high on the ship, you will feel movement more easily...or at least that is what my TA explained after we returned.

All in all, we LOVED the cabin and loved that I could take a few steps and be right outside on a deck chair!

Can I ask why you have a :( beside the Conquest 2007? Just all of what you said above or more? Also, have you stayed other places on the conquest. We stayed Lido Deck front 9201 last time and are now considering 1101 spa deck. Do you think it is more motion that lido front? Also, you say you didn't miss the balcony? I am cncerned about that, but do not want the concern about balcony since DS will be 7 at the time of cruise and is a REAL DAREDEVIL!:confused:

Can I ask why you have a :( beside the Conquest 2007? Just all of what you said above or more? Also, have you stayed other places on the conquest. We stayed Lido Deck front 9201 last time and are now considering 1101 spa deck. Do you think it is more motion that lido front? Also, you say you didn't miss the balcony? I am cncerned about that, but do not want the concern about balcony since DS will be 7 at the time of cruise and is a REAL DAREDEVIL!:confused:

We had several problems while on this cruise...starting with embarkation to stains and tears in the furniture in our room(not really a major concern) to severe difficulties with two members of the Spa staff to major mold/mildew issues (which caused severe allergic reactions)in the carpeting outside our room to mold in our food from room service to general disrepair and cleanliness of some areas to rudeness and other difficulties with an excursion to Jamaica...and the list goes on.

On the cleanliness...in the Conquest's defense...I just cannot imagine why people would throw trash on the ground...or to leave half eaten ice creams and dishes in the elevators and walkways of the public areas anyhow.

Having said all of that...I am hoping that this was just all isolated issues. DH had a good time, except that he had to attend most of the shows alone.

If we ever sail on the same class ship again, I would certainly consider booking another family cabin..just not one by the stairs...maybe the one next to it????

We all enjoyed sitting at the table at the window and just watching the sea...all the benefits of drinking your coffee on the balcony but with air conditioning.:D If you take a look at our you tube, there is a pic of my daughter sitting on the floor at the base of the window...her fav spot!

Have fun!

Oh, and this was our first time on the Conquest.

This is a past discussion board I strated when wonrdering if I should reserve a SPa Deck room for my Oct 08 trip. I will be in Spa room 1101!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=590934.

It does have a few good pictures of the rooms, which I think look good for our Family of 4 (kids will be 7&8 at Cruise time!) without the high cost of a suite!

Have a great time cruising!:cool:

We will be in Spa 1101 in March! Let me know how it is! I wanted the great view w/o the worry of a balcony. My boys are 10 but love to climb and wrestle. I have no idea how we will handle the motion but no one got sick on our first cruise.

We had several problems while on this cruise...starting with embarkation to stains and tears in the furniture in our room(not really a major concern) to severe difficulties with two members of the Spa staff to major mold/mildew issues (which caused severe allergic reactions)in the carpeting outside our room to mold in our food from room service to general disrepair and cleanliness of some areas to rudeness and other difficulties with an excursion to Jamaica...and the list goes on.

On the cleanliness...in the Conquest's defense...I just cannot imagine why people would throw trash on the ground...or to leave half eaten ice creams and dishes in the elevators and walkways of the public areas anyhow.

Having said all of that...I am hoping that this was just all isolated issues. DH had a good time, except that he had to attend most of the shows alone.

If we ever sail on the same class ship again, I would certainly consider booking another family cabin..just not one by the stairs...maybe the one next to it????

We all enjoyed sitting at the table at the window and just watching the sea...all the benefits of drinking your coffee on the balcony but with air conditioning.:D If you take a look at our you tube, there is a pic of my daughter sitting on the floor at the base of the window...her fav spot!

Have fun!

Oh, and this was our first time on the Conquest.

Thanks for the reply..and oh do you have a full review on CC? (and of the other cruises you have taken too) Also, I see you will be leaving soon for another cruise! I hope you have a better time! Let me know how that ship is too

I have no idea how we will handle the motion but no one got sick on our first cruise.

That is exactly what we thought...we didn't get sick at all on the Ecstasy...a much smaller vessel...so I was not worried about it this time. The seas were at 7' at times. I don't think it got any higher. Barf bag stations were added at all of the elevators....and many times there was evidence of why those bags were needed.:( :o

I think what caused my daughter and me so much trouble is that we also suffered from the mold and mildew issue. It just made everything worse. It was really bad...so bad that we took photos to share with Carnival. They partially repaired the carpet when we returned to Galveston, but you could still smell the mildew.

Archived