If I were CEO of RCCL I would......?

... give a free cruise to English Jane.

only joking, actually I'd like to see permanant shorter European cruises - apart from the winter months.

Like the Majesty / Sovereign idea but from Barcelona to Villefranche to Livorno, or something similar. 3 / 4 / 5 day itineraries.

1 - No silly rules

2. Anything that stinks must be done in your own room

3. Smoking and wearing perfume must be enjoyed in one’s room or one special lounge.

4. Anything that makes noise must away from sleeping spaces.

5. Parents must be near their children - or supervised by staff.

1 - No silly rules

2. Anything that stinks must be done in your own room

3. Smoking and wearing perfume must be enjoyed in one’s room or one special lounge.

4. Anything that makes noise must away from sleeping spaces.

5. Parents must be near their children - or supervised by staff.

Does that mean I have to go all the way to my room to pass gas?? I'm not sure I can hold it that long. I'll promise not to do it on the elevator.....anymore..;)

You know, Will Work, the president of RCI has a much better way to measure how people really feel about the product than reading CC.

All he has to do is look at booking activity. People vote with their pocketbooks more convincingly (and honestly) than they post here (as much as I like the site!).

You know, Will Work, the president of RCI has a much better way to measure how people really feel about the product than reading CC.

All he has to do is look at booking activity. People vote with their pocketbooks more convincingly (and honestly) than they post here (as much as I like the site!).

True. Money talks. And if they are consistently having to have fire sales to fill their ships that should be a clue that something is wrong.

Bring back a 7 night itinerary to Bermuda from Bayonne or Philadelphia. Since the Empress is gone, the Enchantment would be a lovely ship from the North east.

Even better, restore the alternating 6 than 8 night cruises to Bermuda from Bayonne. The five night Explorer to Bermuda is just not enough time, especially when docked at Kings Wharf.

Finish this sentence. If you were CEO of RCCL what would you change to make cruising more enjoyable?

1. Take back management of the liquor store from the outsourced independent contractor, permit buying and taking back to your cabin for a $20 fee, limited to two bottles per week per cabin.

2. Enforce rules. (agreeing with Sue :))

3. Allow the combining of all possible discounts and OBCs.

4. Give a price break or other perk for booking back to back cruises.

5. Give my phone answering staff better training.

6. Introduce incentives into the personnel management scheme to encourage accuracy, courtesy and efficiency.

7. Put a concierge lounge on all Vision class ships. (try to find space on Monarch and Majesty, too, for a CL)

8. Build two more Radiance class ships.

That's a start.

(edited to add: when I started typing this response, it would have been the first post after the OP's. Then the phone rang.........., so now I want to add :) )

9. Allow three bottles of wine per cabin per week to be brought on board; $5 fee if consumed in cabin, $15 corkage fee in dining room.

Most of you are answering as paying passengers, not as the CEO! You have to see it from their side, too. What will fill the ships, what will generate profit, what constitutes "adequate" profit?

Love your # 8. Radiance class are the perfect ships to me. I have been on Explorer and that is the biggest I have been on or care to be on and I felt claustrophobic in the promenade. I know many like it but give me all the beautiful views and glass of the Radiance.

Definitely make very tight restrictions on smoking; the cruise lines are way to lax and permit far too much smoking. Not only would this make cruising far more pleasant for most people, but would increase corportate earnings through less cleaning expenses, lower insurance, and increased bookings.

Love your # 8. Radiance class are the perfect ships to me. I have been on Explorer and that is the biggest I have been on or care to be on and I felt claustrophobic in the promenade. I know many like it but give me all the beautiful views and glass of the Radiance.
Agree on Radiance class also -- if RCCL had picked up the option for a 5th Radiance ship, they might not have been having the problems positioning ships due to a ship shortage. Radiance class ships can go through the Panama Canal.

Most of you are answering as paying passengers, not as the CEO! You have to see it from their side, too. What will fill the ships, what will generate profit, what constitutes "adequate" profit?

Good questions. I would think that he/they would have some idea from the comment cards filled out by pax.

As far as filling ships...itinerary..change some of them...many pax are tiring of the same old stuff...and the newbies wouldn't know the difference.

Get some top notch entertainment on board.

Improve the food in the main dining room. Jazz up the menus...and stop serving lesser cuts of meats...if they have to raise ticket prices in order to accomplish this..so be it.

"Adequate" profit depends upon what the shareholders think is a fair return for their investment.

Allow pax to bring wine on board..charge a corkage fee.

Give better incentives to loyal pax. Reward those who are loyal to the line. An overcrowded CL isn't the answer.

Get better security and make them visible. Pax do not have any confidence in RCI as far as their committment to enforcing the rules of the cruiseline.

If I were CEO of RCL I would make an incognito visit to one of my ships to taste the food, ask people how they liked it and what could be done to make it better, I would behave like a passenger and see how the staff treated me..I would go to the pursers desk and ask every asinine question I could and see what kind of answer they gave..I would watch the shows to see if people were having a good time and if not I would ask them why...If I were on the LOS and even had a whiff of that awful sewage smell I would demand to know where it was coming from. I would bring the price of bingo down to a level where people actually could afford to play more than one set between their family. I would go up to the bartenders and ask for a soda with my little card and if they had that "look" on their face I would say do you do that to all those who bought soda cards? I mean get real I am the CEO of RCL one of the largest cruise lines in the world..I have PLENTY of money and could retire tomorrow, but if my line were failing at anything..pride alone would have me wanting to make it the best in the world. Just MHO!:D

Archived