Help my wife lost the cruise tickets for 1/20 cruise??!!!

JDubSC

Relax....you really dont need them.........all you do need to bring with you is your setsail pass(this is what you got after filling out your online docs)......

The porters will have blank luggage tags for you at the port.......just fill them out with your info........

No problem........

Did you also book cruise air with RCCL? Did you book through TA or RCCL?

As most air tickets are electronic today, you will only need an email with the itinerary attached. Print off your ticket and your wife's to have at the airport. If yours were actually paper tickets, call the TA or cruiseline immediately.

My TA told me all cruise tickets for RCCL are now electronic. Even though you may have completed your Set-Sail pass on-line, you should still have a copy of your confirmation (tickets) in hand when boarding the ship.

Contact your TA or RCCL, if applicable, and request that they resent your final documents.

It is really no big deal.

But, I still can't help but wonder what those people do who do not (or will not) have computer access or ability!

Did you also book cruise air with RCCL? Did you book through TA or RCCL?

As most air tickets are electronic today, you will only need an email with the itinerary attached. Print off your ticket and your wife's to have at the airport. If yours were actually paper tickets, call the TA or cruiseline immediately.

My TA told me all cruise tickets for RCCL are now electronic. Even though you may have completed your Set-Sail pass on-line, you should still have a copy of your confirmation (tickets) in hand when boarding the ship.

Contact your TA or RCCL, if applicable, and request that they resent your final documents.

It is really no big deal.

But, I still can't help but wonder what those people do who do not (or will not) have computer access or ability!

Thank guys! Talk about taking a load off!

I know it how did we get by without this technology?!

My wife misplaced our cruise package and we cannot find it anywhere??!! What is their policy for issuing lost tickets? Some one help!!

Thanks

I hate to break it to you, but this is going to cost you anywhere from 30 seconds to two minutes longer to get on the ship. This is how long it will take you to fill out the luggage tags at the pier. Everything else is electronic, so basically your wife misplaced something that is not worth the paper it is printed on - except the luggage tags, those you do need.

Isn't technology great.......but ...... Uh.......Not to throw any more fear into you but I hope you've got your passports (or BC) otherwise you will be denied boarding. :eek: :) :)

Whats a passport? :D

Transcript of a conversation I overheard taking place in front of us this past Monday. Standing in line, just through the very first door in the terminal checking in for Brilliance.

Cruiseline Employee: "Folks please have your cruise tickets and ID's out"

Passenger One: "Oh no, I can't find our tickets!"

Passenger Two: "I told you to make sure you had them!"

Passenger One: "I did, I printed them!"

Passenger Two: " OMG, what have you done! I can't believe you forgot them! They're not going to let us on! What is wrong with you! I can't believe you are so stupid!"

Mind you, this is a couple in their sixties...... the husband is yelling at his wife, their adult kids and grandchildren are standing nearby with all of their tickets....... and I felt so bad for her.

This was going on for at least 5 minutes as they step put of line.... I finally had to step in and tell him to stop. The cruiseline employee told them not to worry. I did see them onboard, she looked like she never recoverd from the embarassment of her husbands berating infront of all of us and her family.

Soooo..... lesson is if you forget them, you will still get onboard with proper ID, just leave the jerk husband at home.

LOL... that is funny... that couple is probably the same way DH and I are...

I do everything... and I do mean everything... literally, DH wakes up the morning we leave and puts the suitcases in the car... that is his entire contribution to the pre-cruise routine... I plan, pay, pack, organize, obsess... ALL OF IT!!! He wouldn't even know what our contract or SetSail pass even looks like... let alone would I let him put his grubby little mitts on any of it...;) If you asked him today where his passport is he would probably say, "what's a passport?" promptly followed by "ask my wife".

And you are right Fury (from another thread)... we need to cruise together... :)

I do everything... and I do mean everything... literally, DH wakes up the morning we leave and puts the suitcases in the car... that is his entire contribution to the pre-cruise routine... I plan, pay, pack, organize, obsess... ALL OF IT!!! He wouldn't even know what our contract or SetSail pass even looks like... let alone would I let him put his grubby little mitts on any of it...;) If you asked him today where his passport is he would probably say, "what's a passport?" promptly followed by "ask my wife".

And you are right Fury (from another thread)... we need to cruise together... :)

Amy I think I am married to your husbands brother!!! :D :D

Same thing, I do everything! He shows up!!

If you really want to have a copy of your stuff, you can contact RCCL or your TA for a set of 'E-docs.' It's about 8 pages of crap, with 2 pages that are meaningful. I usually use clear packing tape to affix a post-it with my cabin number to the top of the luggage.

My DH also belongs to the 'show-up' family. He gets to spend half-an-hour with me trying on cruise stuff to make sure it still fits, sets up his contacts & vitamins, and that's about it until it's time to load the wagon.

Luckily, I now have lists, so it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

And here I thought I was alone with the having to do it all for the vacations.....thanks for sharing those stories! We got our Set sail pass last week for our Jan 26th Jewel cruise and I was SOOOOO excited. I printed it out and showed it to SO. He said thats nice.....I was just oozing with joy and he casually looked up from the paper.....I guess some things will NEVER change :eek:

Happy Holidays!

LOL the only thing the DW does is pack for our cruise I do the rest. But it seesm to be that way one spouse or the other handles the detail. here it's the man but based on mosts posts the DW is the true planner :D But as they say someone has to be different so I'll take that tag and run with it ;)

If you are flying in the day of embarkation and have purchased RCI transfers from airport to pier and then back to airport upon your return.............those would have been included in your documents.

As other said, go online and print those off along with your SetSail Pass and your flight itinerary.

Have a great cruise.

Hey - how can we be married to the same man?:D

The policy that my wife and I followed was very simple. We planned our vacations together and I did everything else. its been that way for 34 years. My duties start wth making all reservations, air,land, sea, limo, hotels, you name it it. If we are taking a drive vacation, I get the maps. I pack the luggage, although she has to take her clothes out. I secure the house and arrange for mail. So girls, not all guys are the same.:)

Seriously ladies (and lone gentleman)... would you have it any other way??? I would never be able to relax if DH had anything more to do than what he does... heck, I get nervous about the way he handles the luggage so what he does is more than enough...

Besides, I really like him to relax and not have to worry about all that stuff... Part of the joy for me is that he doesn't have to do any of the work involved in pre-vacation planning... he puts in more hours than I do at work so vacation is my gift to him...

Okay... and I'm also a bit of a vacation control freak...:)

Honestly... the man doesn't even know what I've packed for him until he unloads the suitcase in our cabin...

Last year, I caught a great sale at Kohls and found him some new trunks for $10... I threw them in and when we got onboard and unpacked, he holds them up and says, "Are these mine?"... Duh? Do they look like something Iwould be caught dead in???

He's a hoot... keeps the days interesting...

BTW... If history is any indication... that great Kohls sale should be hitting soon... several of us on here got some really great deals on stuff for future cruises last year...:) Look for it in early January...

Our routine goes something like this. I pick the ship and itinerary (I know what my wife would like), plan price and book the air then turn the reins over. She packs, prints out the docs, prints out reservations and has all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

Seriously ladies (and lone gentleman)... would you have it any other way??? I would never be able to relax if DH had anything more to do than what he does... heck, I get nervous about the way he handles the luggage so what he does is more than enough...

Besides, I really like him to relax and not have to worry about all that stuff... Part of the joy for me is that he doesn't have to do any of the work involved in pre-vacation planning... he puts in more hours than I do at work so vacation is my gift to him...

Okay... and I'm also a bit of a vacation control freak...:)

Honestly... the man doesn't even know what I've packed for him until he unloads the suitcase in our cabin...

Last year, I caught a great sale at Kohls and found him some new trunks for $10... I threw them in and when we got onboard and unpacked, he holds them up and says, "Are these mine?"... Duh? Do they look like something Iwould be caught dead in???

He's a hoot... keeps the days interesting...

BTW... If history is any indication... that great Kohls sale should be hitting soon... several of us on here got some really great deals on stuff for future cruises last year...:) Look for it in early January...

Oh My Gosh:eek: !! Are you my long lost twin?!?!?!?! I am the exact same way. My husband works more than I do and the only thing he has to do is carry the bags to the car. And I wouldn't have it any other way. He loves the fact that I plan everything out...from maps, to itinerarys, to the excursions;) and yes... I wouldn't have it any other way;)

Archived